CONFIRMED John Brayford - Contract Mutually Terminated

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Which financial misappropriations would they be?
Buying someone for £1.5m and then terminating his contract thus not realising any return.

Paying off 2 managers after their dismissal.

Terminating Hammonds contract, shortly after he chose to trigger a further 1 year extension.

What d'you reckon?

Buying someone for £1.5m and then terminating his contract thus not realising any return.

Terminating Hammonds contract, shortly after he chose to trigger a further 1 year extension.

What d'you reckon?

I reckon you don't know what misappropriation means.

He didn't want to play for Adkins.
But let's not forget, he only came to United to play for a Clough....who we then sacked.
When he was on loan, most....in fact nearly all were demanding the club go all out to get him permanently. We couldn't afford it, and in the end managed to broker a deal with Cardiff and the player to a position where we could over several months.
Then from that point on the injury did for him. Never the same player and then some fans turned.
I however wish him well. Never done any harm to this club in my opinion. Wilder doesn't want him so he's gone. No bad remarks from me.

Ditto

Good luck John.

I bet a few fans will keep bumping into him around Sheffield.

Let's hope he doesn't play out of his skin and keep Burton up at our expense! I'm really sad to see the guy go! I understand it I just don't like it. Thanks John and many of us will view you as a great blade! Good luck except against us!

Lets hope he keeps The Brewers up at.......

the expense of The Pigs.

Looked outstanding during that initial 3 moth loan but looked a shadow of that player when he came back permanently (that's been generous he was in all honesty very poor during that period) and that was before the injury in the playoff semi.

That January outlay and a failure to win promotion on the back of it cost Clough his job.

Good job it did with hindsight, in came Wilder.

the fans needed a boost and the club responded by paying over the odds on a player who became a cult hero very quickly. In hindsight it was bad business but imho this was a purchase for the fans keep the fans happy albeit for a short time. Good luck to the lad and hopefully lessons learned by us

Lesson learned?

Fans need hero's.

What d'you reckon?

Recipe for six seasons in division three but its all behind us now.

Enjoy.

Ok, wrong choice of word - financial recklessness probably more appropriate.

Equally, the facts remain

It's not a wrong choice. It's using words you don't understand. It happens a lot on here when it comes to McCabe and finances.

Well I bear him no ill and presume that we haven't got a fee because we're happy with whatever burton have offered towards his wage being the 'fee'. There's no way we've paid him up in full and given him away.

My memory will be a fond one at a low time for us. A man who seemed a decent chap whose form warranted kids wearing his face on a mask at games. A man who gave us a lift and was a part of a memorable cup run. I thought those who turned on him latterly were short sighted and at times plain rude. He's a far cry from some of the arseholes who are footballers and was happy to go to Tesco in his mini and I like that. So it's all the best from me.

And if it means we now have a bit of budget for something more fitting to our current needs then whoopee! Let's all be happy.

Bend over backwards to sign him, to let him leave for nothing?! Brilliant stuff that blades, saying that he was never the player he was when he was on loan. Good luck beard

Thanks for setting the record straight. And confirming you know better than both Malkay Mackay and Mr Clough.

Regards.

KONP

UTB

I think, unless I misunderstood what I had read, that Vincent Tan is considering taking Malky Mackay to court for pretty much not knowing enough.

So if I have read this right, JB agreed to terminate his (lucrative) contract with us (thus meaning we owe him nowt), to sign a (presumably) less lucrative contract at Burton ?

Thus giving Wilder his wish, and some much needed scope to bob and weave in the market with his wage off the payroll ?

I've had this wrong all along. My mistake. What an utter c u next Tuesday !

UTB

So if I have read this right, JB agreed to terminate his (lucrative) contract with us (thus meaning we owe him nowt), to sign a (presumably) less lucrative contract at Burton ?

Thus giving Wilder his wish, and some much needed scope to bob and weave in the market with his wage off the payroll ?

UTB

Yeah but he killed a few kittens and punched a child in the face on his way out.

UTB

One interesting point here is why didn't this happen much earlier?

Did the club think we'd get something for him?

Was it a stand off between Brayford and the club as to the terms of the termination? ( agreeing to terminate a contract doesn't necessarily mean he got nowt)

Is Clough an evil mastermind who planned it all along to fuck our recruitment up?

One interesting point here is why didn't this happen much earlier?

Did the club think we'd get something for him?

Was it a stand off between Brayford and the club as to the terms of the termination? ( agreeing to terminate a contract doesn't necessarily mean he got nowt)

Is Clough an evil mastermind who planned it all along to fuck our recruitment up?

I think it wasn't in Brayford's interest for it to happen much sooner. The club made it clear he was "available" in the transfer window and therefore invited bids. It seems very strange that none were reported though, don't you think? He's a good footballer playing at a decent level and not too old. You'd have thought he would have been of interest to several clubs - and maybe he was? But we never heard of any club putting a firm bid on the table for him. That doesn't mean they didn't do that, it just means it was never reported. Perhaps Brayford's agent had set the bar high in terms of his transfer value and this put clubs off? I don't suppose we'll ever know. But what we do know is that he was a wage burden to Sheff Utd and didn't feature in our plans. So, Brayford was actually in a pretty strong position, because if he just sat tight one or two things would happen. A club would come in and meet the transfer fee, in which case Brayford would get a nice cut of that, or eventually Sheff Utd would terminate his contract - which usually involves a payment settlement (except in the case of gross misconduct).

We don't know if it was a stand-off between him and the club - I don't think there's any evidence to suggest that though, this is more a case of him just sitting tight and waiting to see what happens. If I was Wilder in that situation I'd have been saying to him, "look Johnny, you're not in our plans, we'll make it obvious that you're available, if someone comes in with a decent bid we'll consider that, but if not we'll come to some agreement with you about your contract". And that's basically what's happened.

I posted on here several months ago that he would go back to play for Cloughy. I poked fun at that relationship between them two. I remember at the time one poster replying to say that this was a load of bollocks and there wasn't any special relationship between them two. Isn't it strange how he's ended up going back to Burton eh? I actually thought Cloughy would have moved on by now and gone to Forest, but I reckon he's got himself a nice little job cut out there at Burton. Just being in the Championship is a major achievement for Burton Albion. No one expects that and no one will be surprised or too disappointed if they don't. It's a nil pressure job, on his doorstep. And for Brayford it's playing for his pal at his local club, at a decent level.

Lastly, no, Clough isn't an evil mastermind. You've been reading too many spy novels mate! He's an intelligent bloke and a good manager, albeit a very cautious one. He knows that Sheff Utd wouldn't stomach keep paying for Brayford's wages only to have him slouching around the place not playing. That's just smart management to act disinterested and wait it out, then fling the front door open to Brayford the moment he becomes a free agent.

I find it unbelievable that some on here slate him because he did not come back from injury well.
Blame that Twat from Swindon and the referee.
Plenty put him on a pedestal and because he is unable to perform how they think he should, rip him to shreds. If you were a footballer at that level would you want to get back to your best after an injury?
All the Best Mr John Brayford and thank you from
My family at least.

Back
Top Bottom