CONFIRMED John Brayford - Contract Mutually Terminated

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good luck John.

A quality player, hampered in recent times by a bad injury, picked up in a Blades shirt.

One bad crack on the knee away from having his career ended.

A player once hero worshipped by the throngs on here, pitifully vilified by the very same individuals some months later. Fickle ? Fuck me dead !

You know who you are. Hang your heads in shame.

Again, good luck in your future career John. May it last a long time.

UTB

#hatethehaters

Not keen on that. He'll take a pay cut from what he was earning with us and he'll go somewhere for free. If he's taking the pay cut, we could've taken the fee; no matter what that might have been.

Bad business.
Bad business? We'll see, but factor in the manager just didn't rate him in more ways than one.
Crucial factors imho.

Good luck John.

A quality player, hampered in recent times by a bad injury, picked up in a Blades shirt.

A player once hero worshipped by the throngs on here, pitifully vilified by the very same individuals some months later. Fickle ? Fuck me dead !

UTB

#hatethehaters
Absolute rubbish, the guy didn't want to play for us, the very people paying his wages & his exorbitant bonuses.

Poor.

Why have we waited till today to bid for some players anyway?

Absolute rubbish, the guy didn't want to play for us, the very people paying his wages & his exorbitant bonuses.

Poor.

He didn't want to play for Adkins.
But let's not forget, he only came to United to play for a Clough....who we then sacked.
When he was on loan, most....in fact nearly all were demanding the club go all out to get him permanently. We couldn't afford it, and in the end managed to broker a deal with Cardiff and the player to a position where we could over several months.
Then from that point on the injury did for him. Never the same player and then some fans turned.
I however wish him well. Never done any harm to this club in my opinion. Wilder doesn't want him so he's gone. No bad remarks from me.

It's not a great bit of business..

Unless he had an option of a further year like Hammond had.. if so we may have had another year of loaning him out after this season..

Trust in wilder.... hope he signs for somebody else other than Burton, now he's a feeebie...:D:D imagine cloughies face....

Good luck John.

UTB

#hatethehaters

Below is his career based on Wiki

2006–2008 Burton Albion 77 (7)
2008–2010 Crewe Alexandra 81 (2)
2010–2013 Derby County 109 (3)
2013–2015 Cardiff City 26 (0)
2014Sheffield United (loan) 15 (1)
2015–2017 Sheffield United 44 (2)
2016–2017Burton Albion (loan) 33 (0)

Can you point out the "quality" ?

I too wish him luck where ever he ends up - but would hardly call his career to date as based around being a quality player. For quality I would expect to have seen some bigger clubs on the list or bigger clubs want to try and sign him.

UTB

Below is his career based on Wiki

2006–2008 Burton Albion 77 (7)
2008–2010 Crewe Alexandra 81 (2)
2010–2013 Derby County 109 (3)
2013–2015 Cardiff City 26 (0)
2014Sheffield United (loan) 15 (1)
2015–2017 Sheffield United 44 (2)
2016–2017Burton Albion (loan) 33 (0)

Can you point out the "quality" ?

I too wish him luck where ever he ends up - but would hardly call his career to date as based around being a quality player. For quality I would expect to have seen some bigger clubs on the list or bigger clubs want to try and sign him.

UTB
Do crap players have several 7 figure transfer fees on their CVs ?

Mostly championship level clubs ?

Do crap professionals command c£1m p.a contracts ?

Numpty post. Oh it's you.

Shocker !

UTB

We should really have got a fee for Brayford. No time for him after last season's lack of committment. I hope he enjoys his career disappearing at Burton.

Unless he had an option of a further year like Hammond had.. if so we may have had another year of loaning him out after this season..

Trust in wilder.... hope he signs for somebody else other than Burton, now he's a feeebie...:D:D imagine cloughies face....
Looking likely that he's gone to burton so clough will be happy!!. According to a mate, he turned down the dingles!!. Obviously only a roumor but we know that he has an affection for burton!. I M O. Utb

He didn't want to play for Adkins.
But let's not forget, he only came to United to play for a Clough....who we then sacked.
When he was on loan, most....in fact nearly all were demanding the club go all out to get him permanently. We couldn't afford it, and in the end managed to broker a deal with Cardiff and the player to a position where we could over several months.
Then from that point on the injury did for him. Never the same player and then some fans turned.
I however wish him well. Never done any harm to this club in my opinion. Wilder doesn't want him so he's gone. No bad remarks from me.
Which ever way you look at this, it represents an appalling piece of business.

Again United show an alarming lack of strategic long term thinking which ends up costing the club ridiculous amounts of money.

When will McCabe ever learn?

This guy has at least 5...

sheffield-united-striker-ade-akinbiyi-watches-from-the-stand-during-picture-id72289142

Don't be daft. Knew what was going on and post got shot down for over thinking. Clough just told him to stay put because he knew we needed him off the wages budget and they weren't paying a fee or his wages. We couldn't wait any longer. He knew if he did nowt he'd get him. If he signs for anyone else I will bare my arse on a photocopier and post it with an apology.

Which ever way you look at this, it represents an appalling piece of business.

Again United show an alarming lack of strategic long term thinking which ends up costing the club ridiculous amounts of money.

When will McCabe ever learn?

Of course they knew at the time he was going to be a shocking bit of business!
You do realise the long term strategy was as follows......Sign Brayford...get promoted...have championship quality player for season in that league.
We now know, that it instead went...sign Brayford...get Injured...not the same player...miss out on promotion...sack manager who gets best from him...appoint fucking idiot.

Yes it was poor business. At around the same time they signed Adams? Was that good business?

Don't be daft. Knew what was going on and post got shot down for over thinking. Clough just told him to stay put because he knew we needed him off the wages budget and they weren't paying a fee or his wages. We couldn't wait any longer. He knew if he did nowt he'd get him. If he signs for anyone else I will bare my arse on a photocopier and post it with an apology.

Exactly.
And reason Brayford suddenly got game time was to try and generate other interest. Problem was, that the player only wanted to go there....just like he did us when he was at Cardiff.

Let's hope he doesn't play out of his skin and keep Burton up at our expense! I'm really sad to see the guy go! I understand it I just don't like it. Thanks John and many of us will view you as a great blade! Good luck except against us!

Mostly championship level clubs ?

Do crap professionals command c£1m p.a contracts ?

Numpty post. Oh it's you.

Shocker !

UTB

after finishing laughing out loud - I'll answer you post.

Derby to Cardiff - upwards of £1m - yep, Derby had Cardiffs pants down - hardly pulled up any trees at Cardiff.

Cardiff then had out pants down with .....£1.3m - which apparently was the approx. fee.

As for £1m contract - that really went down well with our fans.

He's over rated fella - get over it - just looks at the playing stats - tells the story for me.

As for Numpty post.........coming from the king of numpty posts............as I said first LOL

UTB

Why are we terminating the contract of a player worth over 1 million?

Poor.
You do realise that most of the very best footballers around the world feel the same way when they hear from their agents that a better club/pay packet/manager is out there waiting for them don't you?

Back
Top Bottom