CONFIRMED John Brayford - Contract Mutually Terminated

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We needed a striker and a couple of cbs. We got a fucking full back

Not only that, but at the time Brayford signed we had FIVE players on the books that were either established right-backs (Alcock, Davies, Freeman) or had played there passably (Basham, Flynn).

Nowt to discuss he us off the wage bill, we will have negotiated a deal meaning that we will not have had to pay up all of his outstanding contract subsequently a good deal to get rid.
The problem was signing him in the first place, when we needed a striker and centre back, in addition to having signed another guy who is now first choice right back on the same day.

I would've been happy even if we'd paid Burton to take him off us quite frankly.

Now we can move on without some remnant from 2014 hanging around the place.

Appeh.

Player of the season yet they weren't willing to pay for him, either our board have been weak or CW must have wanted him away for other reasons. Would rather have sold him for £500k to Barnsley. Real shame as I thought he could have still done a job.

Thanks for the good days John, you were a bright light in dark days

Burton had the money condsidering they sold Irvine the other day.

Anyway good luck to the lad. No point him sticking around since half of us now think he is cunt for getting injured and going out on loan when we wanted to save a few bob.

My opinion when we signed Brayford was: "why are we paying this fee and wages for a right back in his late twenties, instead of an excellent midfielder for 350k from Liverpool's youth team". Nowts changed my mind. Thanks for the cup run though.

We've got nothing for him because that's what he's worth.
I will watch with interest the Beards progress for the Brewers.

I'm sure you will be right again on this one young Curruthbertky.

Sure of it !

UTB

I will watch with interest the Beards progress for the Brewers.

I'm sure you will be right again on this one young Curruthbertky.

Sure of it !

UTB

If he gets injured some on here will probably throw a party to celebrate.

Anyone would think they had just found out John was Dean Hammond's half brother.

regardless of how he played for us we have gifted a potential rival one of there key players for nothing.

Hope this doesn't come back to bite us like unsworth.

As an accountant you should be well aware of the importance of ensuring you protect your assets and ensure a maximum ROI.

Not sure this deal represents either?

Not sure where I've commented on the deal one way or the other. The point clearly was that it wasn't unexpected, Wilder didnt want him, no one would pay and hopefully we've negotiated his contracted dues down slightly.

Poor end to what turned out, sadly to be bad business. I'm sure McCabe will receive the same pelters from the same people he's been getting for months over this.

Presumably to remind the rest of us.

Just a shame certain people have an unnatural animosity towards the player simply because of Clough. How they'll cope with FLN getting the last laugh, I've no idea. But fuck 'em, that's their problem isn't it?

Don't get it , fair enough Burton didn't want to spend a million, but surely we could Have got like 200 k. When u consider he was rumoured to be on 15 k a week, time that by 52 weeks, because he had a year left, that's 780k we gave up

How did we give it up? Was he paying us?

Not sure where I've commented on the deal one way or the other. The point clearly was that it wasn't unexpected, Wilder didnt want him, no one would pay and hopefully we've negotiated his contracted dues down slightly.

Poor end to what turned out, sadly to be bad business. I'm sure McCabe will receive the same pelters from the same people he's been getting for months over this.

Presumably to remind the rest of us.

Just a shame certain people have an unnatural animosity towards the player simply because of Clough. How they'll cope with FLN getting the last laugh, I've no idea. But fuck 'em, that's their problem isn't it?
Think this whole episode is hugely representative of how the club has historically been run (prior to CW's stewardship) - a total lack of any long term strategy, knee jerk acquisitions, bowing down to fan pressure, emotional sound bites (GCI etc) & the resultant financial misappropriations.

Football is a market and if only one club are interested in purchasing a player he's not very valuable. The last time I saw Brayford play was the beginning of last season and he looked disinterested. I am not sorry to see him off the payroll. Well done Chris.

Hopefully United just 'tore up his contract' (as we know football clubs love to do and are allowed to do it too) thus saving his wages.
We can finally sweep this whole sorry saga under the carpet.

Think this whole episode is hugely representative of how the club has historically been run (prior to CW's stewardship) - a total lack of any long term strategy, knee jerk acquisitions, bowing down to fan pressure, emotional sound bites (GCI etc) & the resultant financial misappropriations.

Which financial misappropriations would they be?

Back
Top Bottom