John Brayford Article..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

INTERUNITED

Reaction score
Cracking piece from John Brayford on his time at the Lane...

Decent article that. I always rated him highly but he didn't look the same player after his injury.

Cracking piece from John Brayford on his time at the Lane...

Excellent article. Clears up a few things as John said.

Enjoyed that. I don’t remember many fans holding anything against him and was purely a victim of circumstance. We all knew he was on a good contract for League 1 so no surprise he was sacrificed to build a team. In many ways a shame he wasn’t fully fit when Wilder came in as he’d have been an excellent option at RWB - certainly great competition for Freeman.

I recall sat on the kop during Adkins season there were countless around me who picked on the fact he was on the best wage (which he would have been, having signed him from a Premier League club!?) and therefore needed to be criticised for not pulling that spineless shambles of a team single handedly toward the top of the table. From right back!?. Never got the vitriol. Maybe I was just unlucky with my season ticket spot that season. Brayford will alwayd have a positive place in my memories. From taking a paycut to be there - to flinging himself at a goal bound effort in the playoff 1st leg after a monumental fuck up from our esteemed club captain that season. That injury did his career at Bramall Lane. If only he would have know.....he probably would have done the same thing all over again. UTB

Great article. I really liked JB & wish things had not taken a bad turn after his injury, but good to see he still holds us in good regard.

Excellent article. Clears up a few things as John said.

This.

What a class player he was for us at the time. I remember regularly refreshing News Now that summer, thinking come on, give us a Brayford transfer update...

Love this article, passion by the bucketful and clears everything up. Top lad.

Until Henderson, possibly the best loan signing we have ever had. Yes it was league 1, and yes he was a defender, but he just seemed to get it and I don't ever recall a new player who got the whole fanbase behind him so quickly.

I was delighted when he then signed for us permanently, but perhaps deep down we all knew that he would never re-create that magnificent loan spell. I still remember his parting tweet after that first season "Sheffield United, thank you. I needed you more than you needed me, you never know...."

Had he left out those final few words and never come back, it would have been the most perfect exit from a player, ever.

I recall sat on the kop during Adkins season there were countless around me who picked on the fact he was on the best wage (which he would have been, having signed him from a Premier League club!?) and therefore needed to be criticised for not pulling that spineless shambles of a team single handedly toward the top of the table. From right back!?. Never got the vitriol. Maybe I was just unlucky with my season ticket spot that season. Brayford will alwayd have a positive place in my memories. From taking a paycut to be there - to flinging himself at a goal bound effort in the playoff 1st leg after a monumental fuck up from our esteemed club captain that season. That injury did his career at Bramall Lane. If only he would have know.....he probably would have done the same thing all over again. UTB

Because we have many dinosaurs that follow our club that target players soon as they have a bad game because they earn so much money.

These are the type of fans that are never happy no matter happens.

Those comments about his contract are interesting. Sounds like he agreed a deal whereby his wages increased every year regardless of whether we got promoted or not. After already starting as our biggest earner. Who the f*** was negotiating these deals!?

Back
Top Bottom