Incoming? Joe Gelhart

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Part of me says let’s have greater striking depth, but part says will he play and if so instead of who.
He's done well as an impact sub mainly for them. Is he better than Jebbo? Better than Osula? If so, could they catch him up if we give them minutes instead of him? Are they going to feel let down if we bring someone else's young player in?

Can't say he's ever impressed me whenever I've seen him play - including yesterday when he was withdrawn early in the second half having made little/no impact. That said, it's usually been at Prem level when I've watched him.

TBH - I can't see him coming in and getting many games - perhaps only as a rotation to give Sharp a rest.

Not sure he’s what we need. He’s more of a poacher and not the quickest.

This site is just a couple of fans that write speculative "content" isn't it? I wouldn't mind that, but it does try to pretend it's a news site.
Exactly, the article states 'Sheffield United should sign... "

There's no substance to it, other than as a suggestion.

Joe Geldhart in place of Rheda Khadra, would be an amazing move in my opinion, I rate Geldhart very highly and I think he is the nearest thing to a young Billy Sharp that there is available. I’d be very surprised if he was sent out on loan.

Leeds did some good business when they bought him from Wigan for just £1m and if we could get him in, I think promotion would be nailed on

This from the BBC Gossip page

Leeds United will allow English forward Joe Gelhardt to go out on loan in January as the 20-year-old has been told he does not figure in manager Jesse March's plans for the rest of the season. (Football Insider)

No one’s saying it’s to us like…then again, no one’s saying it isn’t to us either 🤷‍♂️

Think hes a talent but his forms dipped a bit and im.not sure ge would hold down a first team place as he is very si.ilat to what we already have

Upgrade on khadra though

Depends on your view point really.

How do you rate our strikers and where does Gelhart feature?

Ndiaye>McBurnie>Sharp>Brewster>Jebbison>Osula

Don’t hate me for saying Sharp at 36 is more useful than Brewster at 22 because it will take more than one six game spell in 2.5 years to change my mind!

So where does Gelhart feature? If it’s not above Jebbo then I’d probably not bother.

Depends on your view point really.

How do you rate our strikers and where does Gelhart feature?

Ndiaye>McBurnie>Sharp>Brewster>Jebbison>Osula

Don’t hate me for saying Sharp at 36 is more useful than Brewster at 22 because it will take more than one six game spell in 2.5 years to change my mind!

So where does Gelhart feature? If it’s not above Jebbo then I’d probably not bother.
Currently it's like this for me

Ndiaye>McBurnie>Gelhart>Sharp>Brewster>Jebbison>Osula

A fully fit Brewster changes it to this

Ndiaye>McBurnie>Brewster>Gelhart>Sharp>>Jebbison>Osula

Currently it's like this for me

Ndiaye>McBurnie>Gelhart>Sharp>Brewster>Jebbison>Osula

A fully fit Brewster changes it to this

Ndiaye>McBurnie>Brewster>Gelhart>Sharp>>Jebbison>Osula
That's the problem though Matt, a fully fit Brewster starting to sound like the 'Evans just needs one preseason' which was rinse repeated for a few years.

He had a decent Jan 2022. Outside of that he's either been injured, or coming back from injury or playing himself into form.

Hope he stays injury free and comes good sooner rather than later. Billy is going to be running on fumes sometime in the next 12 months. Can't keep having a 36 year old paper over the cracks.

Be interesting to see what we do with Galhart or any other Khadra replacement and also where that leaves Jebbo.

I think the Khadra replacement is Osula, unfortunately.

I'd love another CF, but if Jebbison can keep up this run of form we might be OK. He's beginning to look a genuine option.

That being the case, I'd be more tempted to move for a CM. Lewis O'Brien would be perfect.

Shame we don't seem to have any money.
Can't even offer our current crop new contracts whilst this takeover is going through.

gelhardt would be a fantastic signing for us with jebbo looking like he could fill the target man role with osula as back up its a billy sharp type striker we need ideal replacement for khadra and more useful to us in our system

I think the Khadra replacement is Osula, unfortunately.

I'd love another CF, but if Jebbison can keep up this run of form we might be OK. He's beginning to look a genuine option.

That being the case, I'd be more tempted to move for a CM. Lewis O'Brien would be perfect.

Shame we don't seem to have any money.
Can't even offer our current crop new contracts whilst this takeover is going through.
Ridiculous shame to be in this position and unable to spend

No top championship loan option should/would be beyond us

Didn't Hecky say he was our player and he wouldn't go back unless we could fund a replacement?

agreed looking like were just gonna have to hope we dont get any major injuries although still wouldnt rule out a suprise signing late in the window

agreed looking like were just gonna have to hope we dont get any major injuries although still wouldnt rule out a suprise signing late in the window
Just imagine if we don't make it from here though.... this window will be looked back on with regret and confusion

I think we'll get someone late in the day, after the main players have joined our rivals

Whilst I agree, the problem is we have a big and very competitive squad. If you had a talented young striker and wanted him out on loan, you’re sending him somewhere where McBurnie and Ndiaye are first choice, Sharp is worshipped and there are two young lads who’ve been here a while. That’s all assuming Brewster isn’t fit this season.

Reckon we’re only likely to get someone who’s established in the game and out of favour, meaning they’re third choice. Not easy to come by though.

Whilst I agree, the problem is we have a big and very competitive squad. If you had a talented young striker and wanted him out on loan, you’re sending him somewhere where McBurnie and Ndiaye are first choice, Sharp is worshipped and there are two young lads who’ve been here a while. That’s all assuming Brewster isn’t fit this season.

Reckon we’re only likely to get someone who’s established in the game and out of favour, meaning they’re third choice. Not easy to come by though.
We'd just have to explain to the parent club that we like to operate with 15 players injured at any given time, which should ease any doubts

Seen an article on the world famous "hubfootballuk" Instagram 🤣 that says swans and Wigan are battling it out for this chap.

Gone elsewhere "surprisingly" to Wigan, after United were never interested in the first place and therefore failed to get the deal over the line.

Fml the standard of journalism sometimes is a joke, regurgitating gossip over and over again with a slightly different headline, then calling it news for the sake of it is just lazy.

Why not spend the time doing some actual research based on the info available and put out some insightful content?!

Back
Top Bottom