Incoming? Jili Buyabu

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Allegedly the Trialist with U23s tonight.

Former Crystal Palace youth midfielder released in the summer and now playing for 7th tier Isthmian League Premier side Hornchurch FC.

Apparently subject to interest from Nottingham Forest as well as having been scouted by Chelsea & Manchester City.

Allegedly the Trialist with U23s tonight.

Former Crystal Palace youth midfielder released in the summer and now playing for 7th tier Isthmian League Premier side Hornchurch FC.

Apparently subject to interest from Nottingham Forest as well as having been scouted by Chelsea & Manchester City.
Had a good decent game last night bags of pace👍

Championship club Sheffield United have won the battle to land highly-rated non-league ace Jili Buyabu.

The 18-year-old midfielder has agreed a two-and-a-half-year deal with the Blades, having been with Isthmian League Premier Division Hornchurch.

Buyabu is highly thought of in non-league circles and actually trained with Chelsea earlier this year.

Now we can reveal that Paul Heckingbottom’s men have beaten a host of Championship rivals to seal a deal for Buyabu.

The youngster, who was previously at Crystal Palace, has notched three goals and added four assists this season.

He will join a Blades side currently sitting 13th in the Championship, six points off the play-off spots.

From teamtalk

Did he play wide left?

That gives us Stevens, Osborn, Norrington-Davies, Lowe, Boyes and now Buyabu as options for the senior team at LWB.

Surely something has to give.

Did he play wide left?

That gives us Stevens, Osborn, Norrington-Davies, Lowe, Boyes and now Buyabu as options for the senior team at LWB.

Surely something has to give.
We didn’t really have a left wing back for the 23’s though with Boyes out on loan Capello has been dropping in there as a makeshift option. So we now have Boyes/Buyabu as the development LWB’s with Stevens, RND and Lowe as dedicated first team options. One of those players will go in the summer and maybe another one a year or two from now if one of the youngsters forces their way into the picture.

Being realistic its between RND and Lowe in who stays / goes as I can't see Enda being moved on far at least another season after this one.

It will probably be Lowe as apparently he's done well at Forest and I could see him wanting to make it permanent. However I could see merit (covid restrictions permitting) in getting Lowe back in for a chat and to allow Hecky to have another look at him again as we could do with one of these boys being the long term successor to Enda.

I wasn't overly impressed with Lowe first time around and his positioning was all over the place, but if he has been coached well and if Heckys team see potential in him then we should keep the better player of the two (fuck Forest if necessary) and look to move on the other.

Robinson is gone at the end of this season so isn't an option at left back and I hope he is gone this January with another centre half coming in at the back.

Being realistic its between RND and Lowe in who stays / goes as I can't see Enda being moved on far at least another season after this one.

It will probably be Lowe as apparently he's done well at Forest and I could see him wanting to make it permanent. However I could see merit (covid restrictions permitting) in getting Lowe back in for a chat and to allow Hecky to have another look at him again as we could do with one of these boys being the long term successor to Enda.

I wasn't overly impressed with Lowe first time around and his positioning was all over the place, but if he has been coached well and if Heckys team see potential in him then we should keep the better player of the two (fuck Forest if necessary) and look to move on the other.

Robinson is gone at the end of this season so isn't an option at left back and I hope he is gone this January with another centre half coming in at the back.
Assuming no injuries I would hope Enda will see us through until one of either boyes or Jili ( great name ) are ready. Allowing us to cash in on RND and lowe to provide funds for midfield and centre back. I can see a lot of “ teaming and ladling “ throughout the immediate 2 / 3 seasons.

probably one season of lowe or RND but not seen anything in either of them to consider them as a long term solution.

Last edited:
A couple of players I'd look at would be Johannson the keeper at Rotherham, and Tafazolli at Wycombe.

Really difficult to say what we'll do. I think RND's best position is at left back in a back four. I think we'll see Osborn less at left wing back. Enda may be difficult to move on.

When Hecky was appointed manager the board spoke about how they still saw the PL signings as investments. Maybe we shouldn't rule out Hecky trying to get Lowe's career here going again. There'll be interest, but not sure the board would be willing to accept the likely loss.

Buyabu looks like the most attacking option for the left wing back position. If Lowe goes Buyabu does add some pace and dribbling which the other options lack.

I suppose it comes down to not just who is the better player, but who is the better fit for our formation. Lowe would probably suit a 352 formation better whereas RND a 442. Then of course it might be that Forest are willing to pay a fee for Lowe which Hecky could use elsewhere in the squad whilst RND might not attract too much interest yet.

It might boil down to what is on the table for Utd at any given time during the forthcoming windows which allow Hecky to wheel and deal.

One thing to consider is that under wilder and the 3-5-2 the long term plan for RND was to transition him into an overlapping LCB and that could once again be on the cards with Hecky.

One thing to consider is that under wilder and the 3-5-2 the long term plan for RND was to transition him into an overlapping LCB and that could once again be on the cards with Hecky.
Agree that was apparently the plan, but have always doubted his ability in the air, seemingly neither strong enough or tall enough and subsequently see his best position as left back. For that reason I can see him being moved on.

Agree that was apparently the plan, but have always doubted his ability in the air, seemingly neither strong enough or tall enough and subsequently see his best position as left back. For that reason I can see him being moved on.
True enough and he’s certainly good enough for championship football he proved that at stoke and I agree it looks like it might not be here although there’s plenty of football left to play and he may get another chance under this staff.

Feck me , not another lightweight at CB in this physical league !
Get some feckin stature & muscles into our 3 CB positions , for crying out loud - our 3 get ragged around by any reasonably strong CF

Feck me , not another lightweight at CB in this physical league !
Get some feckin stature & muscles into our 3 CB positions , for crying out loud - our 3 get ragged around by any reasonably strong CF
I think you can carry one lightweight CB in a 3 but not two. The difficulty is finding a physically strong CB that’s athletic enough and good enough on the ball to occupy the role on the left.

Back
Top Bottom