CONFIRMED James McAtee - on season-long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hmmm….the score line maybe didn’t reflect it but I felt City battered us.
Complete control of the game until McB came on, even then he didn’t help us manage to keep the ball or string a few passes together.

Problem is that we can’t keep the ball at the back, so all these teams that now press will dominate possession against us as we always sit deeper to create more space for ourselves then launch it forward to isolated forwards. I’m hoping….really hoping that with McAtee in there as an option it will stick more and he will have the ability and composure to find a team mate.

City batter everyone.

Did Palace and Forest batter us too? I suspect we’ll never see a starting 11 like that at Palace for the rest of the season.

I’ve said many times no one will batter us and I stick by it. We’ll lose yes, but can’t see is shipping 3/4/5 goals a game.

Our GD is better than Bournemouth, Burnley, Luton and Everton, two of which have played one less game also.

I imagine we’d have happily signed Doyle on a permanent but couldn’t agree on wages. I agree though that MaCatee had to be the priority if it was one of the two

Any vibes about anyone else today pal?
Hopefully. We’re still trying for this overseas loan could to down to the wire 🤞🏼. Possibly Marsh out on loan too looks like he might be going to a league two club.

Complete control of the game until McB came on, even then he didn’t help us manage to keep the ball or string a few passes together.

Problem is that we can’t keep the ball at the back, so all these teams that now press will dominate possession against us as we always sit deeper to create more space for ourselves then launch it forward to isolated forwards. I’m hoping….really hoping that with McAtee in there as an option it will stick more and he will have the ability and composure to find a team mate.
Don't think supporting Sheffield United is really for you mate

You could join all the entitled man utd fans in twitter currently crying about not competing with Chelsea man citeh and arsenal

Any chance of getting him to sign a new contract before he goes out?

I lived in Manchester for a couple of years back in the ‘80s…Citeh fans were arseholes then, even though they had nothing to crow about. Never gonna change

If they’re all like the Gallaghers then it’s no surprise

Hopefully. We’re still trying for this overseas loan could to down to the wire 🤞🏼. Possibly Marsh out on loan too looks like he might be going to a league two club.

Surprised given Ipswich were bidding for him that he couldn’t get to league 1

Certainly to my eyes looked the pick of the youngsters against Lincoln. Bit lightweight but reckon once he toughens up like macca did he’s a shot at being a real good player in the David brooks mould

McAtee and Moore (I doubt Moore would cost too much) would be a great way to end the window. Macca knows this system and how Hecky likes to play as well as knowing half the team already.

Moore is underrated by a lot of fans but scores big goals when needed. Plus Hecky knows him from their time at Barnsley doesn't he?

Liam and Noel or Frank and Monica?
All of them

That was exactly what happened when McBurnie came on, we started to hold the ball up and strung passes together to counter attack.
Unfortunately we’d also begun to tire, particularly those who have had pre-seasons like Souza.
Mcatee will help massively both in ball retention and quick transition.

Is it another attacking midfielder we're looking at for this overseas loan?

Suddenly remembered that awkward moment at the town hall where we sang we want you to stay at Tommy Doyle with Mcatee stood right next to him and we didn't sing that at him
That was because we didn't think we had a chance of getting McAtee to stay. Bit of a coup this one.

Suddenly remembered that awkward moment at the town hall where we sang we want you to stay at Tommy Doyle with Mcatee stood right next to him and we didn't sing that at him
Having seen the reported £4m-5m fee he went for, surely we could have put some sort of proposal together where he takes a reduction in wages in lieu of a big signing on fee that would make up the difference. No sense dwelling on it now, but it does seem an opportunity lost given his quality, age and desire to play for us. At that fee his is an absolute steal even with the 50% sell on.

No update on Moore TB?
A report this morning reckons we’re still interested?

Haven’t we left it too late for an overseas B loan?

City have agreed to loan Mcatee to us on a season loan again. Although they can and will recall him should they have injurys in midfield. Coming to Sheffield aafter lunch for paperwork . Should be good for the squad tomorrow UTB

Danger of us revisiting the View From thread here. Don’t care what they think but all I would say is that Saint Pep obviously doesn’t think it would be a waste for him otherwise he wouldn’t be coming.
No point in a view from Roygbiv . We know what we know about McAtee (which is more than their fans). Citteh fans will just be a tirade of abuse re United as a club

City have agreed to loan Mcatee to us on a season loan again. Although they can and will recall him should they have injurys in midfield. Coming to Sheffield aafter lunch for paperwork . Should be good for the squad tomorrow UTB
Doesn't paperwork need to be completed by 12:30pm for him to be in the squad tomorrow?

Having seen the reported £4m-5m fee he went for, surely we could have put some sort of proposal together where he takes a reduction in wages in lieu of a big signing on fee that would make up the difference. No sense dwelling on it now, but it does seem an opportunity lost given his quality, age and desire to play for us. At that fee his is an absolute steal even with the 50% sell on.
I don’t think anybody else would have got him for anything like that money. Not saying that it’s linked to the Nunez deal or anything.....
Pity that we missed out on him this time around, but some consolation in the fact that McAtee brings more of what we need right now.

No update on Moore TB?
A report this morning reckons we’re still interested?

Haven’t we left it too late for an overseas B loan?
I’m not even aware we’re after Moore if I’m honest. No definitely still doable although no guarantees still hopeful though.

Back
Top Bottom