CONFIRMED James McAtee - on season-long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m relatively happy if we don’t get anyone.

I know that almost sounds sacrilegious but hear me out.

I’m already of the view that a really good, physical defensive midfielder can extend Norwood’s career.

I also think Hamer scored 12 times and assisted 11 by being given more licence to get forward. He isn’t necessarily getting that if he’s having to be one of a deep lying two.

So for now we start with Norwood and Souza deeper and we have Hamer buzzing around. That for me is a very accomplished and complimentary midfield.

That is with two new signings, Slimane, who has 29 caps already for the team ranked #31 in World football and also Davies, who has twice as many PL appearances as our highest, Norwood, not yet factored in.

At that point you’re then bickering over who the 6th choice should be. I haven’t totally given up on someone already here, Coulibaly or Brooks emerging to fill that role.

Up front we have McBurnie and Archer as an obvious pairing. Traore looks like he should play a part in the matchday squad too.

So, we can function without an addition.

I agree we should look to maximise our capabilities and I would take McAtee; he’s a good player but I also like the XI we can put out especially if we get a left wing back to cover the injuries.

With Will being a bit too green right now, if anything you probably could do with an alternative option to McBurnie to play off Archer for whom Traore is an obvious alternative already.
We desperately need someone who can create in the final third, provide a cute pass, beat a man and score more than the odd goal.
Without someone like McAtee we just won't create enough chances to win games.

There are rumours that they're anticipating a transfer ban next summer. That's why they keep buying all these players now.

Reminds me of me when I got high for the first time in 10 years and went to Taybarns with an old uni mate.

Last edited:
City will have Grealish, Foden, Silva, Alvarez, Doku and Nunez. Even it Palmer goes, Macca ain't getting any game time.
Would be needed for home grown status players in champions league squad. His inclusion has nothing to do with breaking in to the first 11. If Palmer stays he takes that slot and McAtee can go on loan. Palmer leaves then they more than likely keep McAtee for that slot

Would be needed for home grown status players in champions league squad. His inclusion has nothing to do with breaking in to the first 11. If Palmer stays he takes that slot and McAtee can go on loan. Palmer leaves then they more than likely keep McAtee for that slot
Don’t forget Phillips.

Don’t forget Phillips.
Not trained at City as a kid so doesn’t qualify as a club product. Only qualifies at trained in England. Need to have “home grown” and “club grown” players. Palmer or McAtee fill one of the slots for being a Man City product.

£5M for Doyle and a 50% sell on clause seems like a decent deal. To Wolves apparently.

C'mon Pep, let us have James mate. We even let Haaland score on the promise of this move.

Don't let us down now or we'll take Walker away from you in Jan ;)

£5M for Doyle and a 50% sell on clause seems like a decent deal. To Wolves apparently.
There’s probably something in that price that’s reflected in the price for the player going the other way.

Man City probably wanted £15 mil for Doyle and Wolves £60 mil for their player.

So knock £10 mil off for Doyle means each side save £10mil of the books so to speak.

Not trained at City as a kid so doesn’t qualify as a club product. Only qualifies at trained in England. Need to have “home grown” and “club grown” players. Palmer or McAtee fill one of the slots for being a Man City product.
Apologies, I replied to the wrong post. Meant to reply to the post you were replying to.

C'mon Pep, let us have James mate. We even let Haaland score on the promise of this move.

Don't let us down now or we'll take Walker away from you in Jan ;)
Is that the Walker who gives away goals and smashes electronic equipment ?🤪

45mill for Cole Palmer, good player but…..

But…..

Stop the world, I wanna get off.

I can’t believe we’ve waited ALL this time!!

I do hope we have at least a couple of options for a CAM lined up, we’re absolutely desperate!

Doyle, McAtee, Palmer are any of these still a goer after we pissed on Man City's chips this weekend?

Back
Top Bottom