CONFIRMED James McAtee - on season-long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Doyle is one that we need to try and do permanently if possible, so that we give ourselves the possibility of getting McAtee back again also on loan. I would have liked O'Brien but that is probably one too many if we have Doyle back and maybe that's one for another window.

I don’t get the “we can’t afford Doyle’s wages”.
Realistically if he doesn’t come to United, he’s never going to get anywhere near the city team, so his only options are another top end championship side where the wages will be similar to what United will pay

Realistically if he doesn’t come to United, he’s never going to get anywhere near the city team, so his only options are another top end championship side where the wages will be similar to what United will pay
Or he can just sit out his city contract until he's bosmannin' and get a phat sign on fee somewhere.

It's been consistently reported that it's the relegation clause that he won't swallow. They'll be a couple of clubs who would offer him a deal without that clause, therefore we can't afford him. His wages at City will be incredible compared to the likelihood of him ever making 15 career appearances for them.

It's been consistently reported that it's the relegation clause that he won't swallow. They'll be a couple of clubs who would offer him a deal without that clause.
just wonder with the players weve brought in plus others that were after if he might have had a rethink on this relegation clause given that we would have a chance of staying up

just wonder with the players weve brought in plus others that were after if he might have had a rethink on this relegation clause given that we would have a chance of staying up
I dunno. I think we have a chance of staying up, but that's due to my massive bias, objectively you'd think we'd have little to no chance especially given the first two games.
Now if we're saying to him that we're going to spend £40m between now and the window closing and his mate Mcatee is also coming in on loan, then maybe that changes. I just don't see it and it's still a huge maybe when he can probably earn a similar amount at Wolves and have no relegation clause should they drop.

If he does join our squad suddenly looks pretty tasty if we did go down, although we'd need to wrap up a few contracts between now and Christmas.

This is a weird one!
At the Palace game (and the training ground apparently) changes his profile picture, wants to come, we want him etc
Then the profile picture changes back and it would appear it’s not happening, especially after we sign Davies and give him #22!
Now it’s all over the media again??? Has there been some sort of breakthrough?

It's been consistently reported that it's the relegation clause that he won't swallow. They'll be a couple of clubs who would offer him a deal without that clause, therefore we can't afford him. His wages at City will be incredible compared to the likelihood of him ever making 15 career appearances for them.
Yes, but if he signs tomorrow - he'll score against city in our 3 0 thrashing of them next week...it's the blades thing to do

I do wonder if Doyle has more or less agreed that if he does go back out on loan this year that it’s us he will come to

But we can’t get him yet just incase someone offers a perm deal ??

Or he can just sit out his city contract until he's bosmannin' and get a phat sign on fee somewhere.
Can't see him commanding that big a fee; proven top end Championship unless he gets a season in the Prem to prove himself.
Appears letting your contract run down is the new black.

If the money is there I'd sign Doyle I think. He's a natural successor to Norwood, can be part of a strong midfield group if we get relegated and for years after that. Likely that we'd lose one of Hamer or Souza if we were to drop so you'd need someone to have that continuity, not forgetting he can battle with Davies this year to play alongside those two. All depends on the money I guess but he's a good long term investment at the right price.

This is a weird one!
At the Palace game (and the training ground apparently) changes his profile picture, wants to come, we want him etc
Then the profile picture changes back and it would appear it’s not happening, especially after we sign Davies and give him #22!
Now it’s all over the media again??? Has there been some sort of breakthrough?
No

He's on £7000pw isn't he....?

Back
Top Bottom