CONFIRMED James McAtee - on season-long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think we could nip in and KDB on a cheap deal now? Even with two broken legs he would still get a game in our midfield at the moment.

Might be a tad controversial but I don’t think I’d mind us missing out on Doyle. Souza & Norwood both play a sitting role. For me Doyle was at his best when he was central & holding with McAtee & Berge playing off him.

I’d love to see Doyle come back but it’s not the end of the world if he doesn’t. I’d rather us bring in another Hamer/ McAtee type that can drive us up the pitch (as we’ll need to be counter attacking) & also sit behind the strikers where needed.

After watching Souza tonight, I think McAtee has to be the priority loan

I think the need for Doyle is less than before

I think Souza would work very well with Hamer and McAtee around him

Souza probably isn't creative enough for opponents to set out to nullify him, to put a man on him and press him quickly. But he does look good enough to link the play up quickly and smoothly

So if he usually has enough time on the ball, it would work very well if he had two players like them near him. He could always look for them, keeping it short and simple, and they could do a great job of progressing us up the pitch

Add a couple of decent forwards ahead of this midfield 3 and that could be a very cohesive, fluid attacking unit

Souza probably isn't creative enough for opponents to set out to nullify him, to put a man on him and press him quickly. But he does look good enough to link the play up quickly and smoothly

So if he usually has enough time on the ball, it would work very well if he had two players like them near him. He could always look for them, keeping it short and simple, and they could do a great job of progressing us up the pitch

Add a couple of decent forwards ahead of this midfield 3 and that could be a very cohesive, fluid attacking unit

We won't be bringing in any more center mids, not even Doyle.

Attacking mids and a striker are the aim of the game

I wouldn't be opposed to this lineup if we can pull it off...

1692414435287.png

I wouldn't be opposed to this lineup if we can pull it off...

View attachment 168776
I think we're just as likely to have a double pivot, Hamer just in front and an attacking midfielder just off a striker.

I can't necessarily see us playing two strikers that often unless we secure knew who is able to drop deep as part of their game.

I think we're just as likely to have a double pivot, Hamer just in front and an attacking midfielder just off a striker.

I can't necessarily see us playing two strikers that often unless we secure knew who is able to drop deep as part of their game.
This has seemed clear to me since Hamer was announced. I think it will be one striker with two off him. At the moment that’s Hamer and one more.
Any move for Doyle would be for him to replace Norwood in the side that was out last night not Traore. Even a move for Archer if that’s still on the cards would be to replace Osula.

Personally I’m still hoping for a Doyle purchase and McAtee/Palmer loan, who would replace Traore.

i think we can forget doyle for this season hecky has obviously gone for tom davies for this role and to be fair stats of 155 premier league appearances speaks for itself macatee would be a great loan signing if we can get him him and hamer behind archer if we could get him would be my front 3

This has seemed clear to me since Hamer was announced. I think it will be one striker with two off him. At the moment that’s Hamer and one more.
Any move for Doyle would be for him to replace Norwood in the side that was out last night not Traore. Even a move for Archer if that’s still on the cards would be to replace Osula.

Personally I’m still hoping for a Doyle purchase and McAtee/Palmer loan, who would replace Traore.
I agree. I thought Norwood played well last night, but Doyle showed last season that he can offer more in that position. To be able to perm 2 from 3 of Doyle, Norwood and Souza would give us more of the squad depth that we require. Then at least 1 AM and 1 Striker, ideally 2 for 1 of those positions.

we need mcatee more than doyle now and i dont think the lewis obrien thing is done with yet would not suprise me if we got him late in the window

I want them both still.
But that means we'll have to BUY a striker then, and we seem to be down to Plan D in that department.

I would love them both back, but as said already, can we afford both and a striker?

With Souza, Norwood, Hamer, Davies, Slimane (assuming he isn't already out for the season) and the likes of Fleck (when fit) Ozzy and Brooks, it feels like we have enough for central midfield.

The priority is AM and CF, but if we can afford Doyle's wages too then great.

Back
Top Bottom