Jamal Blackman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If anyone’s thinking it might be a good idea to bring him back , they clearly didn’t watch the highlights of the Rotherham match I saw about 3 weeks ago .

Oh dear me . :(

If anyone’s thinking it might be a good idea to bring him back , they clearly didn’t watch the highlights of the Rotherham match I saw about 3 weeks ago .

.... or his outstanding game for us at QPR.

An experienced older head who’s seen it all at the top level to mentor ramsdale and work him through this aswell as genuinely compete with him. Tom heaton from Villa now Martinez has made the shirt his own.

Jamal Blackman is not a Premier League quality keeper thats why he hasn't played in it since he started his career at Chelsea 9 years agoScreenshot 2021-01-23 at 17.53.25.png

Broke his leg at Leeds, he was in a good place and ready to kick on after a good season with us. Building his way back.

It’s cool to slate Ramsdale and say everyone is better than him and then just insert a name.

An experienced older head who’s seen it all at the top level to mentor ramsdale and work him through this aswell as genuinely compete with him. Tom heaton from Villa now Martinez has made the shirt his own.
How many goalkeepers do we want?
I didn’t say ´need’.

How many goalkeepers do we want?
I didn’t say ´need’.
We need a goalkeeper capable of helping/competing with ramsdale Foderingham isn’t, Moore is injured and verrips well who knows.

We need a goalkeeper capable of helping/competing with ramsdale Foderingham isn’t, Moore is injured and verrips well who knows.
Can only wonder about Verrips and why we even bothered to buy him.
Ramsdale needs more than a helping hand or even two helping hands!

Can only wonder about Verrips and why we even bothered to buy him.
Ramsdale needs more than a helping hand or even two helping hands!
Verrips strikes me as a punt based on van winkles contacts that’s not worked out thus far. He needs help we’ve invested a significant amount into him and whilst he wasn’t playing at a top prem level at Bournemouth he was playing at an average prem level. This descent into giving away a goal most games (with mitigating factors) has to be down to his situation and him living in his own head. The club needs to find a way to reverse that slide.

Just signed for Huddersfield Town.

I guess the LAFC move hasn't gone well?

Just signed for Huddersfield Town.

I guess the LAFC move hasn't gone well?

He only signed a short term deal but LAFC chose not to extend the deal it seems. There was an option to extend it to 2022.

It's a sad reflection on the loan policy teams like Chelsea have that he's only managed 129 career appearances over 10 years after turning pro. If he'd have come through at one of the smaller London clubs there's a reasonable expectation he could have tripled that as a number one goalkeeper over a decade.

I remember thinking he was decent, but raw and had things to work on. I thought we should've pushed the boat out to get him back for a second season, and thinking "who's the Henderson kid? He's nowhere near as imposing as Blackman". 😳

At the time though, he was still in the "I'll make it at Chelsea mindset".

Back
Top Bottom