Jamal Blackman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bit gutted about this, loved Jamal and expected him to go to a PL club.

Let’s just hope Henderson can be as good or better.

Lewis Baker on a permanent? Bollocks, that's a good one for them.

Lewis Baker on a permanent? Bollocks, that's a good one for them.
Not if the twitter rumours that he is replacing Ronaldo Vieira are true.

The more he plays the better he'll get. We all (or just about) wanted him back this season, which tells its own story.

He's also the most relaxed keeper in the world. He'll look like he's wandering around on holiday half the time. Cool as mustard.
Nice change, most of our lot looked panic stricken last season.

‘Follow you around’. Great stuff. I’d ask you again to provide a link to those slagging off our strike force but I wouldn’t want to make you look silly again, you do that well enough on your own.

I did provide one actually, then you demanded a full portfolio when a cursory search would've provided the information you so desperately needed.

Maybe you've just never been called out on your massive sense of entitlement before.

But please do go on, it's always barrels of fun having an 8 hour conversation with the forums equivalent of Rain Man.

Good goalie. Could go on to be very good. Not sure what the story was at our end. Money probably

I shall have to break the habit of a lifetime and applaud a Leeds player as he comes towards the Kop. Blackman is the best goalkeeper we have had for several years, managed a season without a howler (some would disagree with that), and is a really promising keeper. He did a really good job for us.

I did provide one actually, then you demanded a full portfolio when a cursory search would've provided the information you so desperately needed.

Maybe you've just never been called out on your massive sense of entitlement before.

But please do go on, it's always barrels of fun having an 8 hour conversation with the forums equivalent of Rain Man.

One. You provided one, which apparently now equates to all of us. And I didn’t demand anything, I just expected you to back up your point, which you proved you weren’t able to do.

So, just to clarify, we’re all now slagging off the entire strike force and not just Sharp?

I’m not sure we’ve ever had an 8 hour conversation but I do agree that it’s loads of fun watching you flounder. I particularly enjoy you pretending to be some sort of contrarian to today’s society. You haven’t quite got the act down yet though.

One. You provided one, which apparently now equates to all of us. And I didn’t demand anything, I just expected you to back up your point, which you proved you weren’t able to do.

So, just to clarify, we’re all now slagging off the entire strike force and not just Sharp?

I’m not sure we’ve ever had an 8 hour conversation but I do agree that it’s loads of fun watching you flounder. I particularly enjoy you pretending to be some sort of contrarian to today’s society. You haven’t quite got the act down yet though.

I pointed you to the search function, which you proved unable to use after I started you off with the evidence you so desperately needed but expected 2 years of links to instead. Not my problem if you're too lazy and entitled.

I particularly enjoyed that attempt at amateur psychology though, as if you think it would add some profundity to your otherwise insipid as fuck posts.

I pointed you to the search function, which you proved unable to use after I started you off with the evidence you so desperately needed but expected 2 years of links to instead. Not my problem if you're too lazy and entitled.

I particularly enjoyed that attempt at amateur psychology though, as if you think it would add some profundity to your otherwise insipid as fuck posts.

Why would I have to substantiate your bullshit? I’m enjoying you trying to dig yourself out too much to do that.

No amateur psychology from me, that is seemingly your game. How’s the beard, sleeve tattoo and vaping going? You applied to be on Love Island yet? ;)

Why would I have to substantiate your bullshit? I’m enjoying you trying to dig yourself out too much to do that.

No amateur psychology from me, that is seemingly your game. How’s the beard, sleeve tattoo and vaping going? You applied to be on Love Island yet? ;)

If I ever did end up on Love Island, you'd be glued to the screen for every episode that's for sure.

It's all about opinions; thought he was better than our player Moore but there wasn't much in it and they both made some reight fuck ups last season. Wasn't worth blowing a wad on so maybe that was the issue with him coming back, I'd expect our lads to score against him next season.

Have to say, I was never really a fan and was a bit worried with people on here saying we should blow a small fortune on him and break our wage structure to sign him. He's got potential, and could grow to become a great keeper, but he made a fair few mistakes last season. Looks vulnerable to shots from outside the box. I was pleased when Moore came back at the tail end of the year (and then also glad when Jamal came back after Moore's mistake. Neither were solid).

He's far from a bad player at this level. He was just frustrating at times. Could honestly go either way.. my money would be on him playing at a lower level (than the championship) than playing at the top of the Prem in a few years. Although I'd be happy to be proved wrong. He seems like a nice lad.

Forgot to say, when the Wednesday fans were giving our players grief when they arrived at the Sty for the derby, it went noticeably quieter when Blackman walked past, he definitely has 'presence'.

I'll have to try hard to hate him now he's off to the scum. Thought he'd turn us down for better than that.

Hello Blades fans.:)

Couple of photos that are apparently Jamal Blackman at Thorp Arch.

Just wanted to know what you made of him last season?

And can anyone confirm if thats him ?

I will give you my opinion for what it's worth...

The guy is very good in the air. He should be. He's a big lad. He was disturbingly hesitant when we first signed him - not quite sure whether he was coming off his line for things, or not. His kicking was also abysmal at first. I mean, he just couldn't keep the ball on the pitch, particularly if he was kicking out of his hands. It was a bit of a joke tbh.

He has always been capable of some fine reflex saves though. He's pulled off some blinders, right from day 1. But personally I don't think that "reflex saves" are the hallmark of a good goalkeeper. Indeed I can think of many average or even poor goalkeepers down the years who have done some blinding reflex saves but been rubbish at the simple stuff, like commanding an area, distributing the ball, catching it, punching it, kicking it, organising the defence, etc.

Blackman has always concerned me when it comes to getting down quickly to low shots. At one point last season he was dropped from the team after a pretty unconvincing bit of goalkeeping that allowed him to be beaten by soft low shots on goal. It's something to do with his positioning I think, but also something to do with just generally being vulnerable to the low shot, especially from distance, which is even worse!

He got back into the team and to be fair to the lad, he looked a whole lot better, all round, to what he'd been in the first half of the season. I think we were all thinking we'd now got ourselves a very good keeper and were interested to get him signed permanently.

But, Chelsea reportedly wanted £2.5M for him. That's a hell of a lot of money for a keeper who hasn't yet fully established himself at this level. And we need to strengthen the team in other areas as well.

My verdict on Blackman is that he's exceptional in some areas of his game - particularly high balls - but I'm still not convinced that he's the greatest when it comes to getting down to the low stuff and positioning himself correctly to do so.

Hello Blades fans.:)

Couple of photos that are apparently Jamal Blackman at Thorp Arch.

Just wanted to know what you made of him last season?

And can anyone confirm if thats him ?

He got better and better as the season progressed, and was outstanding for the last couple of months.

Great at relieving pressure from corners and deep free kicks, as he is so commanding, and seems to know when to punch, when to catch.
Even improved with the low stuff, inevitably when someone whistles a daisy cutter past a tall keeper, fans will say he should have down quicker, and blame his height.

One big mistake cost us the game at Qpr, but that was in Sep, and he was faultless as the season closed.

You`ve got a good one there, he might have even got a finger to Sharps Bramall Lane volley ;)

Anyone know why he didn’t come back on loan to us and has gone to Leeds on loan?

Have they offered a chunk of his wages? Did Chelsea get the hump as we chose not to be able to afford him? Does he prefer Leeds pizzas? Did we prefer Hen Dee Son?

because our defence was dogshit last season. .

Are you over exaggerating for comic effect or do you actually believe this?

Anyone know why he didn’t come back on loan to us and has gone to Leeds on loan?

Have they offered a chunk of his wages? Did Chelsea get the hump as we chose not to be able to afford him? Does he prefer Leeds pizzas? Did we prefer Hen Dee Son?

It will be a combination of Leeds paying a higher loan fee and a higher percentage of his wages.

Very good goalkeeper IMO. Sorry to see him go. Had a couple of ricks over the season but overall was very good. Made a few match winning saves and his size was a big asset when defending set pieces.

Has the potential to be a top keeper. Probably not top 6 PL but definitely in the top flight.

I think he also has the potential to not quite make it and to get stuck in the Championship. He needs some consistency now, to be working with good goalkeeping coaches for a sustained period. He got better for us as the season went on and I don't think it's good for his development to be off to a new club every season.

Made a blinder of a save against you....then conceded a soft as shit goal within minutes of the 2nd half. That was a microcosm of his season with us.

Although it's difficult to judge him properly because our defence was dogshit last season. Not that our fans minded because they were busy slagging off the most prolific strikeforce in the division instead, because they're fucking simpletons.
Stop beating around the fucking bush Asher say what ya mean man ffs

Back
Top Bottom