CONFIRMED Jake Wright

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WF10BLADE

Reaction score
Oxford CB

I've been told by someone who knows someone at the club - could be bollocks of course

Is he left footed?

Wiki says he can play left back or centre back, so yes.

A leader too.

Could be decent, cheap back up.

Further bit of reading suggests he might have injury issues though - back and hamstring problems last season, but had a great fitness record previously.

Wiki says he can play left back or centre back, so yes.
That'll be the CB mention in be McFadz thread, then.

Looks like McFadz will be off elsewhere or shining Robinsons purple end.

Killa will be opening a salon.

Nice diversionary tic tacs from Tufty, it seems

That'll be the CB mention in be McFadz thread, then.

Looks like McFadz will be off elsewhere or shining Robinsons purple end.

Killa will be opening a salon.

Nice diversionary tic tacs from Tufty, it seems

I'd say it would definitely be the end of Kilgallon, but not McFadzean.

The guy on Twitter says two year contract. I do hope not. Ultimately he's fallen out of favour at Oxford and is 30 years old.

Left footed - TICK,
Leadership qualties - TICK,
Willing to play backup for the CB's slot - TICK.

Won't lie and pretend to know alot about his playing style however, so I'll trust Wilder's judgement on this one.

"Jake Wright, legend. 2 promotions, ultra consistent and a proper player. More than good enough for league 1. Gutted doesn't cover it."

Not gonna pretend to know much about him but I know he's about 6 foot, left footed and can play centre half and left back.

Looks like we might just be in a strange position where we have two quality players for each position, even in defence! Weird eh, competition for places - what's that?

Is he left footed?

Yes that's Wright.

I guess when Tufty said he wants 3 or 4 Centre backs, we now have number 3 who, in fact, will be our number 3 or number 4 choice number 5.

Number 4, who in truth will be the number 1 number 5 amongst our 4 number 5s, will arrive in due course....

Also worth noting he was signed for Oxford by Wilder whilst they were in the conference I think it was. He'll know all about him

James Hughes ‏@jhughesy87 57m57 minutes agoI
I've got it on good authority that Jake Wright has signed a 2 year contract with #SUFC
1f534.png
26aa.png

Yes that's Wright.

I guess when Tufty said he wants 3 or 4 Centre backs, we now have number 3 who, in fact, will be our number 3 or number 4 choice number 5.

Number 4, who in truth will be the number 1 number 5 amongst our 4 number 5s, will arrive in due course....
I get it Pinch
You're crayoning by numbers :)

Don't eat the wax, love.

I get it Pinch
You're crayoning by numbers :)

Don't eat the wax, love.

Well, it is a match day.... :)

Of course Wright, assuming the rumour is right, will be our number 2 number 3 as well as our number 3 or number 4 number 5.

Safety in numbers...

This is quite clever by Wilder in my opinion.

With as few as 5 dedicated defenders, he's got 2 who can play right back (Brayford, Wilson), three who can play left back (Hussey, O'Connell, Wright) and three who can play centre back.

He'll still go for McFadzean, who will be an out and out 4th centre back option but the defence then looks covered plus a few of the additions have been captains.

Because of the flexibility and getting a good mix of right and left footers he's basically saved himself two signings.

This takes the pressure off young Semple and means Basham is there if needed but does allow him to concentrate on midfield without expecting to drop back every time a centre half takes a knock because it would take 3 injuries before he'd probably need to do this.

This is quite clever by Wilder in my opinion.

With as few as 5 dedicated defenders, he's got 2 who can play right back (Brayford, Wilson), three who can play left back (Hussey, O'Connell, Wright) and three who can play centre back.

He'll still go for McFadzean, who will be an out and out 4th centre back option but the defence then looks covered plus a few of the additions have been captains.

Because of the flexibility and getting a good mix of right and left footers he's basically saved himself two signings.

This takes the pressure off young Semple and means Basham is there if needed but does allow him to concentrate on midfield without expecting to drop back every time a centre half takes a knock because it would take 3 injuries before he'd probably need to do this.

I may have lost concentration in the justifiable excitement of actually having a CB or two, but is JOC left-footed, then?

Back
Top Bottom