Outgoing? Jake Wright Snr

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reedy_22

Reaction score
Seen a couple of tweets today suggesting Bradford City have identified Jake Wright as their No.1 CB transfer target after Gordan Greer's move there seems to be off now.

Hope we keep hold of him personally.

Would be madness to let him go. I don't imagine he'd want the move anyway.

Started his career there & was born in Keighley so he is a local boy, could quite possibly support the club.

Started his career there & was born in Keighley so he is a local boy, could quite possibly support the club.

Upon further googling, he was born in Wilsden & he supports Burnley.

also saw this from an old Q & A whilst at Oxford:

The sending off went down as violent conduct but there weren’t any punches thrown - it was just pushing between me and James Hanson, their striker. He’s a big lad and I’m glad we didn’t carry it on in the changing rooms.

This could come true Jake is in his early thirties and will want to continue playing . if they offer him a two year contract it may interest him and as Wilder only keeps players who want to play for us he would let him go ,don't be surprised if this comes true.

Would be madness to let him go. I don't imagine he'd want the move anyway.

Depends on his contract, say Bradford offered him 3 years on his current wage, it's got to be very tempting at 31.

Think Jake Wright has been brilliant for us but if the lad gets the chance to go for Bradford then he really should take it. He won't get regular football here next season but he'll always be fondly thought of despite his short tenure. Put it this way..if I were him and I could get a 2/3 year deal from Bradford I'd take it.

Hasn't he been (quietly) given a one year extension here, so has 2 years left?

If I was Jake Wright I'd feel rightly agrieved that so many of my own fans are writing me off and not getting a chance to prove myself at the next level up, that level being the Championship.

Hopefully Wilder still rates me and he will keep me here for when I'm needed to give my all for the mighty Blades, whether that's from the start, off the bench or even just in the changing rooms.

If we are successful in bringing in another CB which is what we're currently trying to do then I wouldn't mind Wright leaving us. It is still very probable he'll end up back at this level as its inevitable Bradford will gain promotion within the next 2 or 3 seasons at most.

Even if we get suspensions/injuries Basham would be able to provide cover if Wright has left.

If we are successful in bringing in another CB which is what we're currently trying to do then I wouldn't mind Wright leaving us. It is still very probable he'll end up back at this level as its inevitable Bradford will gain promotion within the next 2 or 3 seasons at most.

Even if we get suspensions/injuries Basham would be able to provide cover if Wright has left.

why would basham be providing cover, he was one of, if not the best player in the 2nd half of the season

He's not going to feature much, especially if we recruit another centre-back. Let him go and get first team football in a league where he will impress, with our gratitude for an amazing season last year, but a realisation that he's reached his level and we now need to move on.

Loyal; not sentimental.

why would basham be providing cover, he was one of, if not the best player in the 2nd half of the season

I'm afraid he will be, if and when we bring in the second new centre-back. They'll be coming as first-choice alongside Stearman and Jack the Hat. That's football, Bash...

Upon further googling, he was born in Wilsden & he supports Burnley.

Raised and went to school in Keighley, though a lot round there do support Burnley rather than Bratford or scum. Know someone who knows him and used to coach him.

realisation that he's reached his level and we now need to move on.

Sorry Pinchy, but that's bollocks mate.

I'm not guaranteeing he will be a success, but to completely right him off before he's kicked a ball is ridiculous.

I have my doubts about how he will cope, but I had my doubts last year as well, and he well and truly stepped up. Are you really that fickle?

I'm afraid he will be...
I really wish you'd stop speaking like you're an authority as well, as if you have Wilder's ear: it's embarrassing.

Don't forget, you're just a bloke on a forum like everybody else.

I find it odd that people assume that JOC, Fleck, Coutts, Duffy, Freeman etc will take the step up in their stride but JW, who was just as impressive, consistent and important as them last season, will not.

Last I heard he loves it here and wants to finish his career with us. Knows he will never play for a bigger club and wants to make the most of it while he can.
Think that was Bash's quote, or maybe there's a theme amongst our team ;)

Calm Composed, lifted his game on joining us, still looked like he was not even in top gear last year, and could just do it all again? I think he might surprise a few, although by the look of the stuff written on here you have him packed off and out the door :(

Back
Top Bottom