Player Suggestion Junior Tchamadeu

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jt64

Reaction score
Little bit of one from left field, I know, but was watching the L2 final earlier today and thought I'd have a gander at who was picking up plaudits at that level and came across this kid - right back for Colchester, won't be 20 until December, young player of the year in the division and in the team of the year for that division. The majority in that team of the year are 28+, and the odd one that isn't seems to be loaned down from a higher level so maybe more highly regarded (and less obtainable), so to break through as he has is somewhat notable. Could well end up going nowhere, and clearly one that isn't going to impact our first team for a good couple of years even if everything goes perfectly, but this feels like the sort of player that might be worth a calculated punt - monitor him for the first half of the season, if he continues to impress, then make the move, loaning him straight back to where he is now (perhaps creating a relationship with the club to send someone else down there?), with the idea of looking to get him into a higher level, again on loan, the season after. He may end up going nowhere significantly higher than where he is, but he appears to be moderately attacking from the brief amount I've seen on a quick scan of the interwebs, so could be the sort of low risk and high potential reward player that we need to be looking for with Baldock not getting any younger?

Yeah he's been bigged up a lot, won an EFL Young Player award this season.

Was at the Luton playoff final and apparently Luton were interested in January.

Should be relatively cheap, but do we have money this summer for future prospects?

Don’t know if we can afford buying players and loaning them back to invest in them. We need to spend money on players that can make an instant impact

Back
Top Bottom