Jack Robinson...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember when Mahrez made a complete fool of him in the FA Cup semi final and I thought, there's no way that man can cut it in the Premier League. But he's really proved me wrong. He's not the greatest athlete or the most talented defender, but his heart, fearlessness and determination make up for it.
Great redemption arc and I'll always have a soft spot for players that show heart and resilience.
100%

I reckon he flies in like that in training too

Is he the fastest & most skilful player in the EPL - No

But I would much rather watch a lad who gives everything, fights for the team and feels the loss, than some of the prima dona's around

Imagine if players like Baxter, Ravel Morrison, Lingard etc had his desire, world beaters

Top lad, top Blades

Jack Robinson carry’s a stanley on the pitch and hot wires the refs car after every game.

His uncle is also John Power.

Not his only inch perfect tackle yesterday. He got booked for another one.

I worry that opposition players are going to do all they can to convince the ref that Robbo also gets a bit of them. (as Trippier did)

10 years from now we could be watching a game where no one dares to slide tackle.

No fear. Heart of a lion.

He's been head and shoulders our best player this season, his tackles are hard and, for any other league, fair.
I laughed when the mike at the side of the pitch picked him up saying "I'm a scouser" presumably after a comment like "get into the scouse bastards", I bet the fan who said it immediately shit himself

It seems a lot of you lot stayed at home to watch it tonight. Spare a thought for me sat on my own freezing my goolies off !

Loved Robbos performance tonight. Won loads in the air (to say he’s not the tallest) and plenty on the floor, defended really well. I absolutely love Robbo at the moment, the highlight of a poor season so far for me. We’ve not had much to cheer this season, so a JR tackle/header is as good as a goal at the moment in terms of getting the crowd going.

Thought he was superb tonite, as he has been all season. All the while playing in a defence shipping 2.5 goals a game.

Klopp described his throw-ins as the best he'd ever seen after the match. Was great again tonight. Loved his tackle on Gakpo who couldn't jump out of the way fast enough.
Klopp made a good point when he said those throw-ins are super difficult to defend. They're unpredictable. It's nice to have something like that in your arsenal.

Thought he was superb tonite, as he has been all season. All the while playing in a defence shipping 2.5 goals a game.
I just wish Gakpo would have got closer to the ball when he launched into that slide tackle 1st half, Robinson would have broken him in 2 and won the ball.

My only slight criticism is he really should have gotten on the end of at least one of Hamer's freekicks.

Both were begging to be slammed into the back of the net.

Agree JR played well.

Its seemed to be him that marked van Dijk on corners though, so he may get some blame for the first goal. As AA went down, JR leaves van Dijk and goes with Gapko (AA's man) to attack the ball. The ball goes over them and van Dijk is completely unchallenged as he finishes.

1701941558452.png

We struggled at set pieces and it's something we have to look at. Salah had another very similar chance when Hamer lost him.

Agree JR played well.

Its seemed to be him that marked van Dijk on corners though, so he may get some blame for the first goal. As AA went down, JR leaves van Dijk and goes with Gapko (AA's man) to attack the ball. The ball goes over them and van Dijk is completely unchallenged as he finishes.

View attachment 175825

We struggled at set pieces and it's something we have to look at. Salah had another very similar chance when Hamer lost him.
Agree, noticed this on thr highlights. Not sure why he made that decision. Was always told to mark your man and stop him getting the ball, if someone else's man scores then that's not on you

Agree, noticed this on thr highlights. Not sure why he made that decision. Was always told to mark your man and stop him getting the ball, if someone else's man scores then that's not on you
Yeah - I suppose its easy to criticise after the event - at that moment he had a split second to make his mind up and went with the runner. The bottom line is VD took Anel out and it was a fouls. That tool Hooper should have given it , cos he saw it but didnt blow, Chickened - out waiting to see if VAR would make the decision for him. Chicken shit.

Robbo was my man of the match but having seen that goal back, I think he messes up there. I'm not sure he does make the decision intentionally, it looks like he just follows the wrong man as he's already going with him before Anel goes down.

Back
Top Bottom