Outgoing? Jack O'Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mourinho watched a good few games of ours from the sky studio and seemed a fan. Wouldn't surprise me if he was interested in him.

Personally I wouldn't sell untill the summer after preparing our replacements.

The reaction of the perma-entitled tossers in North London on twatter tells you all you need to know. If the rumours are true, Jack needs to have a look at what their "fans" think about this link and have a serious think about where he wants his career to go.

He's infinitely better than any of the fucking dross they currently have picking up nearly 90k a week each.

Yes but a 4 year contract there set him up for life

Blades get 30 or 40 m for a player.

The player gets security on big money for his, and his family’s future. The new club inherit the financial liability.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t.

Wilder and the scouts find a gem for low fees and fits our wage structure.

Blades carry on developing.
Love JOC and his contribution, but all of us only have one life. What would you do?

Can't see there being any truth in this but I wouldn't begrudge the lad if the money was right not sure he would look anywhere near as accomplished outside of our system but I'm.sure he would back himself ,also don't forget his childhood sweetheart plays in France which might make a London move more attractive

Blades get 30 or 40 m for a player.

The player gets security on big money for his, and his family’s future. The new club inherit the financial liability.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t.

Wilder and the scouts find a gem for low fees and fits our wage structure.

Blades carry on developing.
Love JOC and his contribution, but all of us only have one life. What would you do?

Ask united to pay me what I was worth and see what they came back with

Agree Collins, but that's where it becomes tricky as you could argue that makes Egan, Fleck, Enda, Baldock worth that or.similar too. It's going to be a big test for us as a club in how we deal with all this

This is why I'd like us to sign Cobbaut.
thats problem why we will sign him if true
Selling O Connell would be one of the worst decisions we could take. He is the rock on which the success of this club since 2016 has been built.
but when a PL club comes calling there’s nothing we ca........ oh, kevs gone

enter Lenihan?

Can't see there being any truth in this but I wouldn't begrudge the lad if the money was right not sure he would look anywhere near as accomplished outside of our system but I'm.sure he would back himself ,also don't forget his childhood sweetheart plays in France which might make a London move more attractive
I would agree with most of our squad finding it hard to fit in with another club/system. But JOC is a very talented footballer in his own right. It’s entirely possible that the club have developed his skill set, but I don’t see him having any problems settling elsewhere.
I’d prefer he stayed at the lane. Loads of the players enjoy Wilders tough love.

Given that Brighton's recent valuation of their defender Dunk was, I think, £50 million, and given that Jack is an integral part of one of this division's best defences, something you can't say about Brighton, the best I'd say about that bid, if it's true, is that it's speculative at best.

Think you'd need to start at £45 million to even receive a "No thanks" from United.

So much wrong with this Rumour.

Firstly, the figure mentioned is simply laughable, and exactly the sort of amount a shit ITK would mention just to create a bit of interest and attention.

Secondly, I don’t see Jack being the sort to be demanding his agent go looking for a huge pay rise this time of the season.

Finally Wilder will not be selling anyone in January who is crucial to their success.

what I will say though, is that the club will HAVE to start matching every other club outside the big boys and pay the same as they pay their star players.

So the likes of Fleck, JOC, Egan, Enda, Baldock, Norwood get paid what they have earned this season. And that is the wage of a good premier league player.
Wage bill might double overnight, but it’s only fair that they get what they are worth.

So much wrong with this Rumour.

Firstly, the figure mentioned is simply laughable, and exactly the sort of amount a shit ITK would mention just to create a bit of interest and attention.

Secondly, I don’t see Jack being the sort to be demanding his agent go looking for a huge pay rise this time of the season.

Finally Wilder will not be selling anyone in January who is crucial to their success.

what I will say though, is that the club will HAVE to start matching every other club outside the big boys and pay the same as they pay their star players.

So the likes of Fleck, JOC, Egan, Enda, Baldock, Norwood get paid what they have earned this season. And that is the wage of a good premier league player.
Wage bill might double overnight, but it’s only fair that they get what they are worth.

So should we have a wage bill of £160 million like Everton then?

I class Everton as one of the big boys financially these days.

I reckon our wage bill will be in the £25-30m bracket now.
So doubling it to £50-60m next season.

so no, I don’t think we should have a wage bill of £160m.

but we are miles behind Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth and the like presently. In theory any one of those sides WORSE than us could easily offer our players a wage we currently cannot get close to. That HAS to change.

I class Everton as one of the big boys financially these days.

I reckon our wage bill will be in the £25-30m bracket now.
So doubling it to £50-60m next season.

so no, I don’t think we should have a wage bill of £160m.

but we are miles behind Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth and the like presently. In theory any one of those sides WORSE than us could easily offer our players a wage we currently cannot get close to. That HAS to change.

It’s interesting to note that all the money Everton pay out on wages we pay McBurnie 50% more than Everton pay Calvert-Lewin.

The problem with selling any of our first team players is getting players to replace them who are as good or better. CW has been pretty good so far, Norwood for Evans for example but can he keep doing it? Leicester are the model. They have had a lot of players who have been sold for big bucks but they then buy a replacement who is better for less money. E.g. Harry Maguire sold for £80 mill (only cost £17 mill and their defence is as good as ever. If we can replicate that we have a sustainable model to build a solid PL. team for the future and move to become a top 6 side.

Think a little context won't harm where wages are concerned.

What may be classed as big clubs, or even comparable sized clubs as the Blades, tend to have wealthy owners who add to their Premier dividend, sometimes by some considerable margin. At the moment we don't have an owner capable of matching this input....and thus reality bites and we realise the extent of what's necessary to make any club more than the sum of it's parts.

Bournemouth are where they are, a Prem club (but for how long remains to be seen) who've existed several seasons at this level because they have a wealthy benefactor. It won't be fees that have enabled B'mouth to sustain their Prem place (I believe that their highest fee paid so far was for Solanke?), but they will have been able to pay decent Prem wages, hence it helped persuade our player, Brooks, to sign for Howe. Unfortunately for Brooks, he may be looking for our results next season whilst playing in the Championship. As wonderful as it is that we're a Prem club, and it's raised everyone's view of what's possible, we cannot remain stagnant. I've no doubt at all that the same thought has already crossed the mind of our manager and chairman, and that they'll already be planning to improve the salaries we pay as well as the fees that we'll have to confront if we wish to remain at this level.

Of course it's not all about money, the personnel that the club recruit, in our case the wonder team of Wilder and Knill, are as significant as anything else. But given the quality we have in this department the very next thing we need to address is the question of wages and fees. I know it's been discussed a lot recently, and no doubt will continue to be a hot topic amongst concerned Blade's fans, but I cannot stress too strongly, under no circumstances do we rush into any foolhardy plans to compete at a level that we're currently not equipped for. Everything that has taken us to this position, building carefully, intelligently, one eye on the present, the other on what's needed to progress, that's the only way we'll manage to push this club forward. It might mean losing players, it might also mean bringing in new, unproven players who have the potential to take their place. The very nature of football is that players come and go, sometimes when you least expect it to happen. Managers need to keep on their toes when it comes to recruitment, and in this respect I feel we have a first class guy in Chris Wilder who can identify a player with potential. Just how good is something that I feel will need far longer to make a judgement concerning CW's talent for spotting a good to great player. Can anyone recall what JOC was like when he first donned a Blade's shirt? Yet now he's as good a central defender as you'll find throughout most Premier division clubs. Clearly, Wilder and Knill's influence has helped turn JOC into something special, and that goes for many of what's turned out to be a superb first team squad built over the last three seasons.

I'm prone to eulogising about the team of Wilder and Knill, the work they've done, the work they continue to do. I'm not someone who offers blind loyalty, but what I do manage to do is judge someone on achievements, and up until now those achievements have left an indelible mark on Blade's fans no matter where they are. You support a team in the hope that they'll manage to achieve a modicum of success, no matter how relative that success is. You support them in the hope that your team might one day play amongst the most talented players and managers, and this season we've not just achieved that, we've shown that we're far more than Championship upstarts, we've shown that we sit comfortably amongst some genuinely world class talent, how amazing is that?

Think a little context won't harm where wages are concerned.

What may be classed as big clubs, or even comparable sized clubs as the Blades, tend to have wealthy owners who add to their Premier dividend, sometimes by some considerable margin. At the moment we don't have an owner capable of matching this input....and thus reality bites and we realise the extent of what's necessary to make any club more than the sum of it's parts.

Bournemouth are where they are, a Prem club (but for how long remains to be seen) who've existed several seasons at this level because they have a wealthy benefactor. It won't be fees that have enabled B'mouth to sustain their Prem place (I believe that their highest fee paid so far was for Solanke?), but they will have been able to pay decent Prem wages, hence it helped persuade our player, Brooks, to sign for Howe. Unfortunately for Brooks, he may be looking for our results next season whilst playing in the Championship. As wonderful as it is that we're a Prem club, and it's raised everyone's view of what's possible, we cannot remain stagnant. I've no doubt at all that the same thought has already crossed the mind of our manager and chairman, and that they'll already be planning to improve the salaries we pay as well as the fees that we'll have to confront if we wish to remain at this level.

Of course it's not all about money, the personnel that the club recruit, in our case the wonder team of Wilder and Knill, are as significant as anything else. But given the quality we have in this department the very next thing we need to address is the question of wages and fees. I know it's been discussed a lot recently, and no doubt will continue to be a hot topic amongst concerned Blade's fans, but I cannot stress too strongly, under no circumstances do we rush into any foolhardy plans to compete at a level that we're currently not equipped for. Everything that has taken us to this position, building carefully, intelligently, one eye on the present, the other on what's needed to progress, that's the only way we'll manage to push this club forward. It might mean losing players, it might also mean bringing in new, unproven players who have the potential to take their place. The very nature of football is that players come and go, sometimes when you least expect it to happen. Managers need to keep on their toes when it comes to recruitment, and in this respect I feel we have a first class guy in Chris Wilder who can identify a player with potential. Just how good is something that I feel will need far longer to make a judgement concerning CW's talent for spotting a good to great player. Can anyone recall what JOC was like when he first donned a Blade's shirt? Yet now he's as good a central defender as you'll find throughout most Premier division clubs. Clearly, Wilder and Knill's influence has helped turn JOC into something special, and that goes for many of what's turned out to be a superb first team squad built over the last three seasons.

I'm prone to eulogising about the team of Wilder and Knill, the work they've done, the work they continue to do. I'm not someone who offers blind loyalty, but what I do manage to do is judge someone on achievements, and up until now those achievements have left an indelible mark on Blade's fans no matter where they are. You support a team in the hope that they'll manage to achieve a modicum of success, no matter how relative that success is. You support them in the hope that your team might one day play amongst the most talented players and managers, and this season we've not just achieved that, we've shown that we're far more than Championship upstarts, we've shown that we sit comfortably amongst some genuinely world class talent, how amazing is that?
Absolutely first class post if I may so, sir!!!

It’s interesting to note that all the money Everton pay out on wages we pay McBurnie 50% more than Everton pay Calvert-Lewin.

Really? When he signed his extension at Everton a guy in the barbers who was related to him via his wife (oh how he loved telling everyone that) told me he was on £40k a week.

Theres no way that site is legit, we are definitely paying our players at least around 20k a week.

Back
Top Bottom