Outgoing? Jack O'Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No offence intended Booker as we all read things differently but I don't know how you've come to the conclusion that we may sell one of our best players based on what Wilder has said. He also spoke about building, getting contracts signed and that we have received no bids for anyone.

He can't sit there and say nobody is leaving when nobody knows what is around the corner. Imagine if he said "nobody's going" then Fleck hands in a transfer request and ends up at Arsenal. Wilder would have his words thrown back at him

Wilder said at the start of the window he was happy with this windows budget

We wouldn’t have a club for long then, paying out more than we earn. I’m all for giving the players more money but we shouldn’t be breaking the bank.

Would you really they left then wake up and smell the coffee

Everton are paying 160million do they look like they are going out of business

No offence intended Booker as we all read things differently but I don't know how you've come to the conclusion that we may sell one of our best players based on what Wilder has said. He also spoke about building, getting contracts signed and that we have received no bids for anyone.

He can't sit there and say nobody is leaving when nobody knows what is around the corner. Imagine if he said "nobody's going" then Fleck hands in a transfer request and ends up at Arsenal. Wilder would have his words thrown back at him

No worries Roy, I'm not trying to panic, this is football, and as much as I love United, I accept players leave and its football! Its the likes of Bury who have every reason to be worried. Also as you said, there's much more to his interview than what I copied.

I just was taken aback as I said but who knows what will happen, I know I've only had one part of the article and it might be seen as taking it out of context.

He hasn't said anything different since.

Listen I'm not knocking him we were never spending this window been saying it for
weeks if JOC wilder will someone lined up this window
We as a club should now be finishing in a very different pond to the ones we have in the past

It makes me think that he wouldn't have said that if there wasn't some serious interest in this window for one or more of our players - you might think that's obvious mate, I don't know, but I was a bit taken aback from that. I know that's football, I totally get players move on, but I was hoping, naively maybe, that we could keep the squad together till the summer. Its very difficult to replace players now if we lose someone like Fleck.

On the other hand, you can ask for a ridiculous fee in this window because certain clubs are desperate to strengthen, Arsenal no doubt one of them, and we could maybe get more now than in the summer when its a longer window.

As Roy mentioned I think he is alluding to the fact that there has been interest in Sharp and if there is an offer tempting enough for him then he might go. I know Sharp has said he wants to stay but that could be just based on the interest from other clubs so far.

I think based on the fact Wilder has talked about Sharp potentially going because he has said its up to him. Wilder can't really come out and say "No one is going to leave." as Billy could change his mind tomorrow.

No worries Roy, I'm not trying to panic, this is football, and as much as I love United, I accept players leave and its football! Its the likes of Bury who have every reason to be worried. Also as you said, there's much more to his interview than what I copied.

I just was taken aback as I said but who knows what will happen, I know I've only had one part of the article and it might be seen as taking it out of context.

If you listen to the full interview the talk is about new contracts and Wilder said he's aware even if someone signs a contract it doesn't protect them from recieving a bid. Then he said if clubs comes in paying double wages then he knows we can't match it.

I think it goes for 90% of clubs in the league. Leicester lost Maguire in the Summer and are an established Premier League club. Same with the likes of Southampton, Burnley and Newcastle who have all lost players they wanted to keep. Palace are almost definitely going to lose Zaha.......it's football.

No but the difference is they have billionaire backers, we don’t.

True...... I'm guess the players Chris as mentioned aren't asking for silly money but they should be paid at least average Prem wages otherwise we don't have a cat in hells chance of holding onto the best ones

Listen I'm not knocking him we were never spending this window been saying it for
weeks if JOC wilder will someone lined up this window
We as a club should now be finishing in a very different pond to the ones we have in the past

If someone became available for the right price , I think we would make a move but it's highly unlikely in January. Wilder today said what we don't spend this window will go to the summer budget. I'm fine with that.

If someone became available for the right price , I think we would make a move but it's highly unlikely in January. Wilder today said what we don't spend this window will go to the summer budget. I'm fine with that.

If Chris thinks that JOC is going to go he will have already identified the player or players he want to replace them and should buy them this window

If Chris thinks that JOC is going to go he will have already identified the player or players he want to replace them and should buy them this window

I don't think he does think he's going to go. I don't think the bloke who wrote the article in the Mirror thinks it either to be honest but it filled a bit of space :)

I don't think he does think he's going to go. I don't think the bloke who wrote the article in the Mirror thinks it either to be honest but it sent this forum into meltdown
Corrected it for you

I don't think he does think he's going to go. I don't think the bloke who wrote the article in the Mirror thinks it either to be honest but it filled a bit of space :)

I do wonder if some clubs are a little put off signing our players. I say this because they see our team working so well as a unit that no player needs to be outstanding consitantly on their own. So they are unsure if our players will perform as well under their manager and in a different system.

I say this because we seem to be going through patches: Moose was flavour of the month, Fleck was flavour of the month, McBurnie was then flavour of the month and now because Fleck scored he is flavour of the month again.

Every player in our squad has a bit of a purple patch and it was the same last season as well. When one player drops form then other players step up.

I’ll just put this out there.. we need JOC and JOC needs us. The players are outstanding in this formation under Chris wilder. I don’t think half of these players would be AS good in a different formation with a different team and a different manager, especially the back 5. The temptation obviously must be there to go to a “top 6” premier league side earning mega bucks! I’m not saying it won’t happen but I don’t personally think our players would stand out as well as they do now in a different side. It’s a unique system here.

On the other hand, money talks. I don’t care what anyone says, it does. If your in a job at the Asda earning £300 a week, and suddenly Tesco offer the same job at £600 a week you’d go. There is no sentiment in football. My biggest worry with JOC and Tottenham would be the fact it’s closer to France where his Mrs is currently residing and plying her trade.

What's the rumour here? Reckon the Bees have got at least 25% of this.

I say this because we seem to be going through patches: Moose was flavour of the month, Fleck was flavour of the month, McBurnie was then flavour of the month and now because Fleck scored he is flavour of the month again.

Every player in our squad has a bit of a purple patch and it was the same last season as well. When one player drops form then other players step up.

Just remind me again ..... ? when was Mcburnie purple patch ...!

5D688BAA-4768-4161-B125-2485F021C035.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom