Outgoing? Jack O'Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rumoured that Tottingham are after O'Connell as a replacement for Vertonghen

Rumoured where?

Not surprising there'd be clubs in for though. Can't see what realistic fee we could get for him though to ever make it worthwhile.

Edit: seen it now. Sunday People.

Rumoured where?

Not surprising there'd be clubs in for though. Can't see what realistic fee we could get for him though to ever make it worthwhile.

Edit: seen it now. Sunday People.
I thought the Sunday People finished years ago ,about the same time as the football reviews.

I thought the Sunday People finished years ago ,about the same time as the football reviews.

Ditto. Think it's something to do with the Mirror now? * shrug *

It's been owned by the Mirror since 1961, so been a while.

Apparently so! I always thought it shut at the same time as the NotW, but Wikipedia tells me otherwise.

Either way, always been a bit of a rag.

This is why I'd like us to sign Cobbaut.

Selling O Connell would be one of the worst decisions we could take. He is the rock on which the success of this club since 2016 has been built.

I wouldn’t sell him either but I think Egan is now the rock of that defence IMO, he is the one I would fear losing the most

I wouldn’t sell him either but I think Egan is now the rock of that defence IMO, he is the one I would fear losing the most

Egan is majorly important as well, we don’t want to lose either, but O Connell is younger, Egan is arguably at his peak now - O Connell hasn’t reached his yet.

Would be sad to see him go, really could do with him staying till end of the season. Then if he wants he can go for a bid fee

I suppose we are going to have to get used to this, it's what happens when teams have some sort of success, it's always been the same, only difference now is the mind numbing amount of money, if we sell then a team lower down the pyramid will be up in arms at our interest in one of their players with quotes such as "when a premier league team comes calling what can you do" Ipswich?

I call bullshit. Spurs don't spend big, and to get JOC at this time they would need to splash out a lot. There is now way Wilder lets one of his key players go unless the fee is too good to turn down. After all, we don't need the money quite as badly as we once did.

I would believe the rumour more if City, ManU or Chelsea were in for him.

I would think that a bid from Liverpool (his boyhood club) might tempt him, but no one else (at the moment), unless it was absolute bonkers wages.

Could be owt and nowt.

1. Paper bullshit to fill the rumours columns
2. Spurs enquired and got a swift 'fuck off'
3. Spurs enquired and were told the level of fee required. Spurs said 'fuck off'
4. Spurs enquired and were told the level of fee required. Spurs are beginning a negotiation process.
5. Spurs enquired and offered a shitload of money. We snatch their hands off

I'm inclined to think 1-3 are possibilities, with 1 being the likely scenario.

JOC is a fantastic player , and would be a big loss to us , i cant blame the lad if he goes to Spurs , we will get a shit load of cash , but unfortunately we will but splinting up one of the best defenses in the league and it may be start of a downturn in our performances if he goes !

Can't see Spurs of all clubs being in for him. Doesn't seem like a Jose signing

I’m just glad McCabe isn’t anywhere near the boardroom because he’d probably sell O’Connell and chuck Egan in for free..

Just off to google who keely Donovan is now..

Could be owt and nowt.

1. Paper bullshit to fill the rumours columns
2. Spurs enquired and got a swift 'fuck off'
3. Spurs enquired and were told the level of fee required. Spurs said 'fuck off'
4. Spurs enquired and were told the level of fee required. Spurs are beginning a negotiation process.
5. Spurs enquired and offered a shitload of money. We snatch their hands off

I'm inclined to think 1-3 are possibilities, with 1 being the likely scenario.

Or 6. Player's representative tactically spreading rumours to secure their client an improved contract.

I call bullshit. Spurs don't spend big, and to get JOC at this time they would need to splash out a lot. There is now way Wilder lets one of his key players go unless the fee is too good to turn down. After all, we don't need the money quite as badly as we once did.

I would believe the rumour more if City, ManU or Chelsea were in for him.

They don’t spend big and that’s why there might be somat in it

They’ll think they can get him from little old SUFC for £15m or somat insulting

The only way Chris will sell if he kows they are two or 3 players he can during in to improve the overall team

The reaction of the perma-entitled tossers in North London on twatter tells you all you need to know. If the rumours are true, Jack needs to have a look at what their "fans" think about this link and have a serious think about where he wants his career to go.

He's infinitely better than any of the fucking dross they currently have picking up nearly 90k a week each.

Back
Top Bottom