Jack O’Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We’re skint and we’re reportedly in for £3m on a LCB. Can’t see JOC being back myself.

if he's not in any plans in the near future why take him...I don't think it can be passed off as over speculating. Its. probably close to shit or bust time for Jack true enough but I don't think he'd have tagged along for a coffee and Portuguese custard
B etween T he L ines
B lade T oo L ong
BTL Analysis

Coincidence? 😉

no intention of being rude to Jack but he looks like he's put on a bit of timber, which is no surprise after being out for years, but i do wonder if it's a sign he's packed it in

We all want Jack back, it would be tragic for the lad if he has to retire. I appreciate his need for privacy and Hecky’s public stance that he must not be rushed.

But if there’s no chance of him returning, how stupid / insensitive was it to publish a photo of him on the plane, regardless of whether he’s part of the preseason group or not?

It just leads to unnecessary (but understandable) speculation from fans and puts pressure on the club & Jack for updates.

The fact JOC’s not out with the group at least running concerns me he’s still some distance away

Just posted on twitter, someone else has commented on it already, but why has Billy got JOC socks on?

Is this another hint? Absolute shithousing if it is 😂

From what I can tell from the first couple of videos is JOC and Bogle aren't involved, and Billy is on light duties.

Being round the squad must be good for morale, even if it's just golf and quiz night.

The sad side of football.

Undoubted PL quality player who would have left us for better things and should have had 5 years at the top level.

As much as I want to be optimistic, the chances now of him getting back to near what he was are....well you know
Such a pity and (hate to do the woe is me bit, but I will!) so typical for United.

Kendall season. Who gets injured? Bloke we've just paid a club record for and still managed an assist in 45 mins, Ebbrell.

Warnock PL season. Who gets injured? Someone you wouldn't miss like Leigertwood? Nah, how about someone irreplaceable like Hulse?

Blackwell season. Who gets injured for the Play offs? Nippy little striker of which we have many? Nah, Henderson, the only target man we have.

Wilson season. Who is unavailable? Back up striker? Nah, Ched who at that point is scoring a goal a game.

Skip a few...

Wilder Champ season. Who gets injured when we're top? Coutts, the only deep-lying midfielder we have.

Wilder PL season. Who gets injured? O'Connell, absolutely instrumental to how we play.

Last season. Amazing turnaround to get in play offs. Who gets injured? Every striker on the books.

We don't do things by halves do we?

But for O'Connell and United, especially cruel. Was being monitored for the England squad. Better in my view than Mings, who now has 17 England caps.

Similar to Phillips leaving Leeds, he could have gone to the top. At the peak of his powers and maybe another six months of quality performances and he'd have been a brilliant left sided centre back partner for Van Dijk at Liverpool. I don't think they have a left footed centre back. At a time Maguire was going for 80m, I'm sure we could have been looking at a healthy 30-50m for him if not more. Wilder didn't exactly excel with the big money but a couple of areas could have been improved with that, not to mention we would have had a better chance of staying up for a second season.

Them's the breaks eh lads!

Such a pity and (hate to do the woe is me bit, but I will!) so typical for United.

Kendall season. Who gets injured? Bloke we've just paid a club record for and still managed an assist in 45 mins, Ebbrell.

Warnock PL season. Who gets injured? Someone you wouldn't miss like Leigertwood? Nah, how about someone irreplaceable like Hulse?

Blackwell season. Who gets injured for the Play offs? Nippy little striker of which we have many? Nah, Henderson, the only target man we have.

Wilson season. Who is unavailable? Back up striker? Nah, Ched who at that point is scoring a goal a game.

Skip a few...

Wilder Champ season. Who gets injured when we're top? Coutts, the only deep-lying midfielder we have.

Wilder PL season. Who gets injured? O'Connell, absolutely instrumental to how we play.

Last season. Amazing turnaround to get in play offs. Who gets injured? Every striker on the books.

We don't do things by halves do we?

But for O'Connell and United, especially cruel. Was being monitored for the England squad. Better in my view than Mings, who now has 17 England caps.

Similar to Phillips leaving Leeds, he could have gone to the top. At the peak of his powers and maybe another six months of quality performances and he'd have been a brilliant left sided centre back partner for Van Dijk at Liverpool. I don't think they have a left footed centre back. At a time Maguire was going for 80m, I'm sure we could have been looking at a healthy 30-50m for him if not more. Wilder didn't exactly excel with the big money but a couple of areas could have been improved with that, not to mention we would have had a better chance of staying up for a second season.

Them's the breaks eh lads!
I get the message, we dont have the luck sometimes & it appears to be key players. But we didn't fail under Blackwell because of Henderson we failed because we ridiculously sold Beattie in January.

Ched, completely right he was literally our only option & he was flying at the time

Wilder I dont think we were good enough with or without Coutts we were always likely to slip away at some point I dont think losing him cost us, we had Lundstrum as back up & signed Evans/ Leonard within two months of losing Coutts

O'Connell being injured was a reason we were relegated but we were just terrible & the players couldn't motivate themselves without fans
It's easy to say we get bad luck, but every team does.

I'm sure 70% of clubs could tell a similar story about why they failed to succeed its part & parcel of football. We've had a bit of luck over the years too

Back
Top Bottom