Jack O’Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good job we strengthened our defensive options...it would have been a disaster last year but this it’s just a set back...
but it is recoverable....who knows......Ampadu might end up being an improvement on O’Connell.

Not a chance we’re staying up. The ironclad defence has holes in it now and the depth outside of the best 11 isn’t fit to play all season, never mind the creativity and striker issues.

I hope it's not true but doubt it, we'll struggle without JoC, plus we need a goal scorer on BBC we're linked with Sturridge.

If true, I think we should play ampadu there once Egan returns, yes he's right footed, but I think with berge playing at cdm rather than Rcm, we seem to be trying to evolve into a team that can play a bit more through the middle rather than with Norwoods big switch and wide overloads. Ampadu also has a decent left foot as well if he does find himself in a crossing position from there.

This must have happened in the last couple of days, unless Wilder was telling porkies at the press conference.

Big blow, but you have a squad for a reason. No point crying about it, and one positive is that it could lead to more playing time for Ampadu. You couldn't make it up though, with Egan suspended and Mousset being out too.

He has not looked right ever since he returned. Has he had a wrongly diagnosed or undiagnosed injury? How has this happened? This is gutting beyond belief

I saw Amapadu when he was at Chelsea and he looked like Sideshow Bob with his hair, I never realised it was him when we got him (serious hair cut) thought he was quality though.

Looking at the positives, at least Jack Robinson and Kean Bryan will be able to scrap for that LCB role.
Yes absolutely, and at least we're in worldwide pandemic too so not all bad

I honestly think this relegates us. You're removing the two best components of what made us so strong last season in Henderson & O'Connell.

We've done nothing to enhance our goalscoring issues to help redress the balance.

I'm sad to say, the writing looks on the wall. Could be a really long season this.

I recall CW saying JoC should have had an operation months ago but for some unknown reason he didn't have it. Dunno what the story is but it doesn't make sense - why didn't he have it immediately after lockdown in March ?

Long throws every week at least. Not the pre-match announcement I was hoping for

I recall CW saying JoC should have had an operation months ago but for some unknown reason he didn't have it. Dunno what the story is but it doesn't make sense - why didn't he have it immediately after lockdown in March ?

Poor decision making from backroom staff. I remember that being said by Wilder.

Did we really need to risk JOC during the restart?

The best option now would be to convert Enda to the LCB and get Lowe in the team.

Agree....people need to remember football is often a strange game. O’Connell hasn’t looked right since he returned.

So this could be a blessing....wouldn’t be too negative yet.
Enda often plays well at centre back...and maybe Lowe is an upgrade at left wingback position....so we might be better.

Back
Top Bottom