Jack O’Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We need to forget about JoC and get a bleeding replacement with the same attributes - this has been the case for such a long time now that the club is definitely negligent on the basis of res ipsa loquitur
Which 40 years ago when I was an articled clerk my audio typist include in a letter as "raised hips locked together"
What happened to that typist ? Were you politically incorrect with her ?

For anyone who needed reminding what he brings to the table:

Can anyone in their wildest dreams imagine for one second that Ben Davies could do ANY of that ?
Not only does he NEVER get into the opponent's half but ALWAYS gets muscled off the ball in his own half.
Yet Liverpool signed him.
Can you imagine what JoC was worth in the middle of the first PL season ?
More than Liverpool could afford !
But we must resign ourselves to his & our ridiculously bad luck.

Its kind of crazy that, if JOC ever does make it in our line up again, none of those "new" fans we picked up during our PL spell will have a fucking clue who he is.

Its kind of crazy that, if JOC ever does make it in our line up again, none of those "new" fans we picked up during our PL spell will have a fucking clue who he is.

If he doesn't do well immediately we will get some randomer from Africa saying "Finished player."

Unfortunately and as much as I hate saying it, but even if JOC does manage to overcome his injury to the point he's able to resume playing, the chances of him of him returning to anywhere near the levels he was at pre-injury are very remote.

I'd like nothing more that seeing him link-up again with Egan and become the force they once were but I'm afraid I just can't see it happening. It will be very sad if so.

Not to be overly melodramatic, but got a bit emotional watching that.

I sincerely hope he returns and that he can find some of that form again.

He'd have been a shoe-in for an England cap without the injury.

Hard to watch in some ways. As it does show what we are lacking as well.

Ben Davies is alright but doesn't have the presence JOC has or gets forward often enough.

Reactions: MJM
The one major thing that comes across when you watch that is Jacks bravery and commitment and just being first to the ball every time.

An incredible asset to have and it becomes inspirational to team mates as it breeds confidence in everybody else.

Praying that he can return, even if he's only at 60-70% he'll be the best CB in the league.

Praying that he can return, even if he's only at 60-70% he'll be the best CB in the league.

Think if all depends how he is played.

The Brentford fans saw alot of him and said he’s no better than average Championship standard as a centre back.
Wouldn't surprise me if he’s like Basham, not the best in a 2 centre back pairing, so needs a 3rd centre back (Egan) to cover his mistakes.

I understand that O’Connel is decent as a left back
and that explains why he was brilliant (one of the best in the country) at playing the famed “overlapping centre back” role.
Jack had supreme stamina to operate both in defence and down the left wing with Enda.
Noticed how Enda doesn’t look the same player without O’Connell roaming down the wing with him.
Also Jack was great (better than Enda and Baldock) and whipping in fast crosses.

You realise how good defensively and offensively he is when you watch that back.
Had he not been injured we might have put up more of a fight.

Whatever anyone thinks about our signings last summer I still think not getting someone to fill the void of JOC better than what we had was a massive factor in our downfall last season. At PL level I never felt comfortable with J.Robinson there. Wilder wanted Ben Davies in that September too but whether he would have made enough difference who knows.

Back
Top Bottom