Jack O’Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well we’ve got a week to try to sort this out and bring in another striker. That’s going to be very difficult.

Agree....people need to remember football is often a strange game. O’Connell hasn’t looked right since he returned.

So this could be a blessing....wouldn’t be too negative yet.
Enda often plays well at centre back...and maybe Lowe is an upgrade at left wingback position....so we might be better.

He didn't look right because he needed the operation and for whatever bizarre reason he didn't have it.

Poor decision making from backroom staff. I remember that being said by Wilder.

Did we really need to risk JOC during the restart?

Guess what.
If he’d have an an immediate operation.
Them many Blades would be blaming that for us missing out on Europe. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Might be a shift to a back 4 if there are any doubts over Robinson’s capability long term

If it's true we rushed him back and that's why he is now fucked then that's the biggest bollock we have dropped in a long long time

Guess what.
If he’d have an an immediate operation.
Them many Blades would be blaming that for us missing out on Europe. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Who knows what damage he has done by carrying on playing? This could be a Brayford moment, where JOC doesn't comeback anywhere near as good as he was before.

I honestly think this relegates us. You're removing the two best components of what made us so strong last season in Henderson & O'Connell.

We've done nothing to enhance our goalscoring issues to help redress the balance.

I'm sad to say, the writing looks on the wall. Could be a really long season this.
Too peesimistic.
Ramsdale is fine Robinson is too.
Ampadu could be really good and Egan will be back soon.
New striker in during the week and we are fine.

Too peesimistic.
Ramsdale is fine Robinson is too.
Ampadu could be really good and Egan will be back soon.
New striker in during the week and we are fine.

Not sure I agree.

Either move enda to LCB and bring Lowe in, or move to a back 4 and have Ampadu and Egan as the cb’s with Berge and Norwood sitting. Then three players in behind a striker.

If the operation was postponed due to chance of Europe , why did he not have it immediately after Europe became mathematically impossible ?
Strikes me there has been a medical fuck-up here.
Either he needed the operation or he didn't - knee problems in footballers rarely cure themselves !
We have wasted the opportunity to put him right and now he'll miss a lot more games in what is a survival season for us.

Awful news.
Feel for the lad. Out for the season confirmed by CW.
Time for Ampadu to step up.

Back 4 for me if it's long term.

Bash/Ampadu and Egan, and full backs.

Then either Berge and Norwood for defensive cover or play McGoldrick as a 10 behind 2 strikers.

Hendo gone
Egan suspended
Stevens our of form
jOC out for the year

Only baldock and bash left from our solid defence. We don’t have the firepower to counteract a decline in the defence. Long hard season ahead now.

Maybe we enter the market again for a loan defender - if we can find a striker from somewhere ?

Have to accept injuries are part of the game .
One door closes another opens
Some squad players have to step up and cement a place .
Opportunity for some . Let's hope they take it

I honestly think this relegates us. You're removing the two best components of what made us so strong last season in Henderson & O'Connell.

We've done nothing to enhance our goalscoring issues to help redress the balance.

I'm sad to say, the writing looks on the wall. Could be a really long season this.
Oh, come on cheer up, have some faith. Join forces with Captain Pugwash and his crew, Master Bates, Rodger the the cabin boy and Able Seaman Stains, things are never as bad as they appear.
Smile and enjoy the ride, that goes for all Blades.

We were spoilt last season with a relatively injury free season. This year not so. UTB.

Some say tough
Some say Bollox
I'm saying tough Bollox
We aren't anywhere near without JOC.

There has been a mystery surrounding JoC since the restart.
Maybe we were hoping to sell him to fund reshaping the squad.
Anyway our most valuable asset is now unsellable !
This is so cruel.
I do believe that we fans are entitled to a full explanation of what's been going on with him.
Out in restart.
Talk of an operation.
Then back in but not great.
Then doesn't train in preseason.
Then played in new season with no prep.
Then declared unfit and having an operation.
Sounds like medical mismanagement of a player until we get the details.

We have cover for JOC, this is less of an issue compared to when Rob Hulse broke his leg. We also have a lot more games to figure out a plan B.

Fuckinghell. That's a huge, HUGE blow. Losing a really top-class centre half, when our whole gameplan is built on a solid defence, is horrendous. At least we got Ampadu in who seems like a decent defender.

Back
Top Bottom