Jack Lester gone?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

dexter101

Reaction score
Does this mean we are losing Jack?

A lot of my hopes for the forward had come from his excellent work last season with our previously misfiring strikers

A lot of my hopes for the forward had come from his excellent work last season with our previously misfiring strikers

Not sure it reads to me like he has been drafted in as cover since Eric Ramsey has suddenly stepped down.

The bloke he is replacing had a dual role as first team coach with Man U so guessing Lester may do the same with us.

Is Welch the same as welsh?

To welch or welsh is slang meaning to renege on a bet or agreement. The word started life as an ethnic slur, implying the Welsh people were dishonest, Welch being an older spelling variant of Welsh. As such use of the word is best avoided

Our strikers aren't exactly prolific so is he a big loss

Moonlighting between club and country is fairly common.

Going back a bit now but Bryan Robson was one of Terry Venables coaches at Euro 96 whilst being Middlesbrough boss.

To welch or welsh is slang meaning to renege on a bet or agreement. The word started life as an ethnic slur, implying the Welsh people were dishonest, Welch being an older spelling variant of Welsh. As such use of the word is best avoided
This is what Welch look like.

1693877135065.jpeg

Good experience for Lester. No reason why he cannot do a combination of both, especially given a lot of players will be off on International duty.

Didn’t Alan Knill also work at Wales part time? I’m sure he’ll be doing both.

Yeah, think an American President said 'welch on a deal' years ago and got into trouble.
Although, interestingly 'Wales' itself could be taken as offensive, as it's origins (from Germanic) means 'Foreign' 'Slave' or non 'Anglo-Saxon' and is found in words such as 'Cornwall' 'Walloon' 'Gaul' and 'Walnut' - literally 'foreign nut' and may or may not be the origin of 'Wally' 😁😁

Cornwall literally means 'foreigners who live on the horned peninsular' so basically the Anglo Saxons were saying that Cornish (who were Ancient Britons like the Welsh) were all bloody strange. Not a lot has changed in the years since. There's definitely a bit of the Wicker Man element about them. They do nice cream teas though provided you aren't burnt alive in a Wicker effigy first.

Once had a pint in the Albion with Jack . Proper bloke not up his own arse like some of your modern types . Great player for us also . Good luck mate and thanks for everything

Back
Top Bottom