It's ok Porter your off ther hook this time!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think we should all submit a paragraph of prose to be marked and reviewed by a panel of forum experts to determine who is the best and worst at spelling, punctuation and grammar. Members who wish to put their names forward for panel work should write to;

Mr. I M Clevererthanyou
Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Panel
Superlative Street
Nothingbettertodotown
Yawksheer

Forget the football, or the purpose of why we all contribute to this fun forum. I need to improve my English.

HH :p

Taking an interest in grammar, punctuation and spelling is not about being 'cleverer than you'.

If one cannot write basic English, how can one hope to be taken seriously?

Taking an interest in grammar, punctuation and spelling is not about being 'cleverer than you'.

If one cannot write basic English, how can one hope to be taken seriously?

You're right in the sense that people do think worse of you if you don't write in the current socially accepted manner.

I think where the "cleverer than you" comes in is when people are corrected in public. As someone else said, if you want to help rather than just show off, you should send a PM*.

* I use "you" generically, by the way.

In other news the Bosnian lad must be better than Ronnie Rosenthal to miss from there (crosses his fingers in the hope he's spelt words all correctly).

Context is everything. If you get nice and frothily angry over grammar/spelling on an internet football forum you probably do need to relax a tad!

Compared to other sites I've participated in, this one is frequented by Oxford fucking Dons. UTB

A completely unrealistic comparison. As if Porter would get a game for them.

:D:D:D:D How dare you attack the striker who in partnership with miller will shoot us up the league and into the play-offs before scoring in the last 10 minutes of the play-off final to send us up.

I can see it now.......opposite the Jessica Ennis stand we have the "Chris Porter Kop"

:D

UTB

In other news the Bosnian lad must be better than Ronnie Rosenthal to miss from there (crosses his fingers in the hope he's spelt words all correctly).

Gavlar - sorry mate but you missed a comma out in your post.

In other news, the Bosnian lad must be better than Ronnie Rosenthal etc. ;)

Meanwhile, in other news, a verbal war broke out today on a football forum in Sheffield over accusations of bad grammar. :(

You're right in the sense that people do think worse of you if you don't write in the current socially accepted manner.

I think where the "cleverer than you" comes in is when people are corrected in public. As someone else said, if you want to help rather than just show off, you should send a PM*.

* I use "you" generically, by the way.

Exactly and it stops threads going completely off the subject.

Anyway at least we have found a striker who is worse than Porter.

So then have a word with Foxy and see if you can get me banned from the site mate, if you want I will turn my webcam on to show you that I don't look bothered one bit!.

I don't get why certain peoples have nothing better to do with their spare time that they have to spend time pulling pieces from others posts to pass the time. It is fucking pathetic, disrespectful and uncalled for.

Bite of the month award goes to.............

Muchos Pointos SOB.

Somebody can spell "missed", but his finger hit on the "s" just the once rather than the twice he meant to. Clearly a category difference from someone making a point of criticising someone's punctuation whilst himself making punctuation errors.

I do generally think it is the act of a self important arse to correct someone else's grammar/spelling/punctuation when you are clear what they mean.
That defines me then - I am that self-important arse

Would anybody mind if i interrupted this nonsense by saying that i think Chris Porter is the crappest professional striker i've ever seen in my entire life? There, that should get this thread back on track...

Back
Top Bottom