ITS NOT THE FUCKING STRIKERS

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chabuddy G

Kurupt FM
Reaction score
Fuck fucking me. Fuck a duck. Or just plainly
‘Faaaaaack’.

After every game like this one or both of the strikers get slaughtered.

Are we not, even slightly, getting through to the whole fanbase at this point that it is NOT the strikers fault?
Today we’ve given both McBurnie and Sharp scraps if you’re being kind, fuck all if you’re not, and still there’s a thread slagging Oli off 😂

Put plainly - Robert Lewandowski will miss more chances in a season than our whole strike force put together. And he’s the best on the planet. This is testament to how much we expect + how little we create.

I’ve staunchly defended McBurnie, and I still make no apologies for that. We signed the pound for pound best striker in the championship who just scored 24 goals and used him as some sort of targetman for our bypassing of the midfield, long ball, Pulis tactics. Even last season. Still, he scored most of the chances he got last season and imo hasn’t had any chances this season really.
Sharp’s scored a few, missed a few of the ‘chances’ he’s had.
Moose scores most of the chances he gets and his good bit of play is the only time we looked truly convincing as an attacking with this formation.
Burke has missed a couple but he ain’t a striker. McGoldrick missed a freaky amount of sitters last season that he has made up for this.
Did Robinson even have any chances to miss?
Same goes for Brewster.

You can blame the strikers if you want. It’s a good deflection to our reality. A cheap, easy snipe. But you’re so fucking wrong it’s untrue.

We scored the least goals of anyone outside the bottom 3 last season, we have scored the least goals in the Prem by a way this season. It’s easy to look at the strikers and think it should be on them. But how can you watch that today and genuinely in your heart think either of the strikers on the pitch are to blame?

It’s the shape, it’s the midfield, it’s the wing backs, it’s the tactics, it’s the manager. Take your pick. But it isn’t the strikers. Aside from about 4/5 games over the past season and half they’ve been the most isolated strike pairing of the Premier League era. And it doesn’t matter who we pick. It’s the infamous ‘system’ that leaves us to play this way.

• Banned
Well said its the flat 3 midfield which has never created much and as such was masked by the incredible defence last season
It was masked by the incredible defence and for me 2 months in which Moose turned into Prime Thierry Henry which made us look so much better than we are. But then he went off the rails...

‘Faaaaaack’.

Are we not, even slightly, getting through to the whole fanbase at this point that it is NOT the strikers fault?
Today we’ve given both McBurnie and Sharp scraps if you’re being kind, fuck all if you’re not, and still there’s a thread slagging Oli off 😂

Put plainly - Robert Lewandowski will miss more chances in a season than our whole strike force put together. And he’s the best on the planet. This is testament to how much we expect + how little we create.

I’ve staunchly defended McBurnie, and I still make no apologies for that. We signed the pound for pound best striker in the championship who just scored 24 goals and used him as some sort of targetman for our bypassing of the midfield, long ball, Pulis tactics. Even last season. Still, he scored most of the chances he got last season and imo hasn’t had any chances this season really.
Moose scores most of the chances he gets and his good bit of play is the only time we looked truly convincing as an attacking with this formation.
Burke has missed a couple but he ain’t a striker. McGoldrick missed a freaky amount of sitters last season that he has made up for this.
Same goes for Brewster.

You can blame the strikers if you want. It’s a good deflection to our reality. A cheap, easy snipe. But you’re so fucking wrong it’s untrue.

We scored the least goals of anyone outside the bottom 3 last season, we have scored the least goals in the Prem by a way this season. It’s easy to look at the strikers and think it should be on them. But how can you watch that today and genuinely in your heart think either of the strikers on the pitch are to blame?

It’s the shape, it’s the midfield, it’s the wing backs, it’s the tactics, it’s the manager. Take your pick. But it isn’t the strikers. Aside from about 4/5 games over the past season and half they’ve been the most isolated strike pairing of the Premier League era. And it doesn’t matter who we pick. It’s the infamous ‘system’ that leaves us to play this way.
Nothing wrong with the system. Smacks of PS manager 😉

‘Faaaaaack’.

Same goes for Brewster.

We need a top class striker .

We need Jordan Rhodes .

‘Faaaaaack’.

Same goes for Brewster.

It’s the lack of a 10 imo the system was built using a 10 which created a large amount of chances in the pro
It was masked by the incredible defence and for me 2 months in which Moose turned into Prime Thierry Henry which made us look so much better than we are. But then he went off the rails...
It was understandable wanting to be more solid against better opposition imo. But without the settled selection that made us so solid the wheels have well and truly come off.

Yawn. It’s the lot of em. How can you watch that today, blame the strikers, and even pretend to understand football?

It is the lot of them, but if you think mcburnie is a good player then you don't understand football.

It is the lot of them, but if you think mcburnie is a good player then you don't understand football.
He scored 25 goals in a season for the side who finished 10th in the division.
Also gave our current best back 5 the runaround in that same season at the Liberty.

But apparently he’s not good 😂😂🙃

If there were and sports journalists with any balls they would surely ask our manager why he plays a different set of strikers every game, win, lose or draw. It feels like he roles a di before every game.

I mean I disagree...

its 100% the strikers when you play a pairing that have never once played well together. Both have played well with mcgoldrick and or others but (unless I am misremembering) they never played well together or come particularly close to well together.

to similar and no pace or creativity. The ‘nil’ was on the wall with that line up. If you want to be compact and keep it tight and put balls into channels - Burke was your man to play today or have mcgoldrick dropping abit deeper when we couldn’t get off the 18 yard line.

A puzzling team selection (one of an increasing number this season).

Also gave our current best back 5 the runaround in that same season at the Liberty.

Point proved. Dad tell him to stop bad mouthing Oli, he wears all the latest gear and talks like a gangster.

Too fuckin reyt.
We don't even have the players to play the system. Yet we continue to play it and create absolutely fuck all. We've been down for months, so we have absolutely fuck all to lose.

I get that we can't open up against the big 6. But FFS Fulham had only won as many games as us. Yet we treat them like peak Barca.

Playing 2 strikers when we never have the ball or any meaningful possession is pointless. We've been down a long time , so why not try to play attractive, exciting, attacking football? I've got used to losing, we've lost 20 out 25. Why not lose attacking and trying to win games? I'd much rather lose 6-3, 5-2 and see some fucking goals rather than this turgid park the bus and hoof it to no one bollocks.

He also did the business that season against us at BDTBL. A real handful.

Wait a minute. Good strikers make their own chances. Yes, our midfield are poor offensively but Didzy apart none of our strikers have shown the ability to create & take their own chances!

You are sooooo so strange.
What’s even stranger if you don’t think that’s a pen in the last min.

Cya
Whats really strange is why a supporter of Sheffield Wednesday is on here pretending to be a Blade !

Wait a minute. Good strikers make their own chances. Yes, our midfield are poor offensively but Didzy apart none of our strikers have shown the ability to create & take their own chances!
No they don’t.
Name me 10 strikers who create their own chances at this level.

Strikers, not wingers.

When you’ve thought of them, please let us know because I’m dying to hear it.

‘Faaaaaack’.

Same goes for Brewster.

I was watching Man City,they don’t half waste some good chances.
Leeds miss more chances than you can shake a stick at.
If we provided our strikers with half the chances they miss we’d be well out of trouble.
The idea that we still have a system is laughable.
We play predictable,slow,unambitious football.

We're not having any of that creativity bolox
Graft, effort, versatility, hoof, is the way it's always going to be.

If we can't introduce a tiny bit of ability, creativity and skill into a team after two years in the Prem it's time to give hoping. That's the saddest thing for me.

I like quality football, I won't watch something that offers absolutely nothing remotely representing quality. And as a result this club has three months of next season before I'm done with them forever.

People can slag me off all they like, but they are completely missing the point.

If I don't see skill, ability, creativity, cunning, guile, next season, I'm done for good

Many people have already made their stance, which is why a 49,000 stadium that could be filled has become a 30,000 stadium that can barely be filled.

I'll be joining them

‘Faaaaaack’.

Same goes for Brewster.

McBurnie.jpg

Sorry, Chabuddy. But he's not fucking good enough. Service or no service. Sprawled out, appealing to the fucking ref again, bouncing the ball off his melon (I'm sure that, until I pointed this out ages ago, everyone was 'but he's got the biggest amount of won headers in the PL - big fucking deal)

His positional sense and reading the game is bollocks too. He's all over the place. I frankly don't give a fat rat's arse what he used to do at Swansea, all I care about is what he does in 90 minutes for us and even in possession, he looked hopeless.

One goal this season. One fucking goal. Before you load up with a magazine of twenty emotive insults (note - I am not slagging YOU off here) just think what we are talking about.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom