Incoming? Ismael Kone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Spot alongside Norwood is up for grabs.

Doyle doing well but there is an avenue there.

Still hope post World Cup we might see Coulibaly.

It was a good 35 minutes from Koné. I think he answered any questions I had about being able to play his game against first-class opposition. He certainly has a World Cup squad place locked down now. With the two players likely to play beside Eustaquio both currently injured, Koné could have a larger role than expected in Qatar. I still wouldn’t want to start him against Belgium or Croatia given the quality in those midfields, but he did pretty well against the likes of Valverde, Betancur and Vecino on Tuesday.

I don’t know how much you care about a player you may never sign, but since someone else took the effort to make another touch video of Koné against Uruguay I figured I’d share it. Nothing earth-shattering here, but he wasn’t overwhelmed against some pretty good players.

Canadian league is actually shown on bt sport now but we have zero budget unless players go out or we go up

Canadian league is actually shown on bt sport now but we have zero budget unless players go out or we go up

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I think it's a case of United agree with Hecky what the budget is from window to window and if we are doing really well then the board might stretch the budget a little. I think Hecky used what he had available to him this summer window and was clever to get what we did with the money available. I think if we are at the top come January there will be a some wriggle room opened up to him to say bring in a couple of others even if we don't sell. The board released a bit of money for the Anel signing as clearly he was seen as ok me for the future and an investment. Remember Hecky mentioned that they wanted Anel in January but the budget wasn't there then but it was in the summer. Kone might be the other way around, budget spent in the summer, some more released in January if all going well.

A big if, but if it looks like we're well on our way to getting promoted come January, then maybe we'd be willing to pay up for him. Gives him time to bed in, and will likely be cheaper than in the summer when we may be a Premiership team/there could be more competition?

Of course, we're not going to spend £5m+ if we're not sitting pretty at the top, and he may well enhance his price tag by performing well in the World Cup and go outside our range.

Nobody is promoted by January.

Would be a good signing IMHO. Shame we didn't get him in the summer but I presume it was conditional on Berge being sold.
We may have lost the element of surprise now - could well be PL clubs looking at him.

Would be a good signing IMHO. Shame we didn't get him in the summer but I presume it was conditional on Berge being sold.
We may have lost the element of surprise now - could well be PL clubs looking at him.
According to Hecky, it wasn't reliant on the sale of Berge.

According to Hecky, it wasn't reliant on the sale of Berge.
I thought Hecky said it was, effectively. But I might be mistaken. Who's motivated enough to find some quotes?!

I didn't realise he'd commented on him last week, I'm referring to his first interview after the window shut.
What did he say last week?
I'll have a look for it later.

Deffo didnt make it sound like berge needed to go.

Said they'll always look at players they believe will make a strong investment and will likely look again in the window.

Something like that anyway.

I maybe wrong but the MLS are paying some hype beast football account to talk up MLS players at the World Cup??

I maybe wrong but the MLS are paying some hype beast football account to talk up MLS players at the World Cup??

Given how the average Yank and MLS fan carries on, that's nothing...

Let's not make such a big deal of it. Bahrain are probably the equivalent of playing against Kiveton Park.
...under 8s.

Are you in the know?
What percentage confidence are you sure a deal has been done?

He isn't, he's mucking about 😁

Unfortunately I had to multi-task in second half tonight, but Kone showed some serious potential when he came on. Looked fast as well. I may watch back the last half an hour.

Back
Top Bottom