Incoming? Ismael Kone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Unfortunately I had to multi-task in second half tonight, but Kone showed some serious potential when he came on. Looked fast as well. I may watch back the last half an hour.
Personally thought it was poor, did nothing of note and a couple of mis placed passes when under no pressure, this can be forgiven as he’s a young lad playing in the World Cup so was probably a nervous wreck. Was disappointed in his willingness to run back at speed, just seemed to saunter back even when they were on the counter, no urgency to close down. Again he could have been totally overawed, I look forward to the next game to see if his nerves have settled.

I was only half watching but he seemed to be a lot deeper than expected.

The rumours was he was coming to replace Berge, but from what I saw, he'd be more suited in the Norwood role ??

Personally thought it was poor, did nothing of note and a couple of mis placed passes when under no pressure, this can be forgiven as he’s a young lad playing in the World Cup so was probably a nervous wreck. Was disappointed in his willingness to run back at speed, just seemed to saunter back even when they were on the counter, no urgency to close down. Again he could have been totally overawed, I look forward to the next game to see if his nerves have settled.
Sounds like a player who needs a fair bit more development probably explains why the interest in him has mostly come from the Championship in us and Norwich rather than higher up. Not saying he doesn’t have the tools to be a good player but his career probably needs that kind of developmental move.

Looked more like the player that pissed off to Rangers than a Berge.

Good/ accurate description that.

I tried to watch him off the ball and the thing that really surprised me was his lack of effort.
He jogged around, rarely put in a sprint, didn't run in to space shouting for someone to pass him the ball
and he didn't close down or track their players either.

He looked tired which is really poor when you consider that he was a 2nd half sub, so should have been full of energy.
Maybe it was a one off due to nerves, so I'll give him a chance and try to watch him in Canada's next game.

You should, cos he did nothing when he came on 🤣
Ah ok. Saw him break forward a couple of times. Didn't actually realise he'd come on for awhile, which didn't help.

He may need a UEFA A Qualified coach then.

I'm questioning myself now, as I thought he did well when he came on!
I thought he used the ball well, kept it moving quickly and was decisive.
I actually thought he was that good he's bound to start the next game - and that we'll have problems signing him now as other bigger teams are bound to have one eye on him after that.

I'm questioning myself now, as I thought he did well when he came on!
I thought he used the ball well, kept it moving quickly and was decisive.
I actually thought he was that good he's bound to start the next game - and that we'll have problems signing him now as other bigger teams are bound to have one eye on him after that.
Us signing him, that ship has sailed.

Not sure what some were seeing. Thought he was poor in his cameo. Young lad though, and he has the basic tools that's clear to see so if he has the right attitude he could be an unpolished diamond. Nothing on show the other night though as far as I was concerned.

Good/ accurate description that.

I tried to watch him off the ball and the thing that really surprised me was his lack of effort.
He jogged around, rarely put in a sprint, didn't run in to space shouting for someone to pass him the ball
and he didn't close down or track their players either.

He looked tired which is really poor when you consider that he was a 2nd half sub, so should have been full of energy.
Maybe it was a one off due to nerves, so I'll give him a chance and try to watch him in Canada's next game.

Thought the same. I think there were signs of good technical ability and he looks an athlete, but he's got a lot of work to do, based on that performance. A lot of the time he didn't seem to know where he should be, who to mark, who to track. Quite confusing. I also noticed he didn't mark at defensive set pieces, nor did he get in the box for attacking ones. After Berge, I'm not sure I'm ready for another tall midfielder who doesn't want to head the ball!

Did nothing, seemed to be playing the holding role without actually holding, passing or tackling !

In his defence I think the commentator said he made his debut for Montreal in February and for Canada in March. He's clearly very inexperienced and knowhere near the level required in the Championship....yet anyway

Not sold on him. Has done a few things well, but looks generally quite lazy and thinks he’s better than he is. Does a lot of trotting around. Has let the oppo run past him without any effort to make a challenge or track back. Whilst he showed some ability he doesnt seem that switched on or even happy to be playing.

I think statistically he would have performed quite well but he was very ‘safe’.

Not sold on him. Has done a few things well, but looks generally quite lazy and thinks he’s better than he is. Does a lot of trotting around. Has let the oppo run past him without any effort to make a challenge or track back. Whilst he showed some ability he doesnt seem that switched on or even happy to be playing.

I think statistically he would have performed quite well but he was very ‘safe’.
Has the physique of Patrick Vieira but the impact of Paul Therlwell. The match was inconclusive at best. He was available and involved. But generally he took the easy option and played safe, albeit accurate passes.

Had one or two instances where he was happy to stand on the spot and look around when I’d have preferred him to drive his team forward. Needs a fair bit of coaching in that regard.

Defensively he was quite good at being where the ball wasn’t. Seemed not completely switched on to the danger on, I think the third goal.

On what I’ve seen in an extremely limited viewing, I would say Coulibaly brings more to the table from now until June, if fit, given he’s had months to acclimatise.

Has the physique of Patrick Vieira but the impact of Paul Therlwell. The match was inconclusive at best. He was available and involved. But generally he took the easy option and played safe, albeit accurate passes.

Had one or two instances where he was happy to stand on the spot and look around when I’d have preferred him to drive his team forward. Needs a fair bit of coaching in that regard.

Defensively he was quite good at being where the ball wasn’t. Seemed not completely switched on to the danger on, I think the third goal.

On what I’ve seen in an extremely limited viewing, I would say Coulibaly brings more to the table from now until June, if fit, given he’s had months to acclimatise.
Agree with most of that. He wasnt bad but just didnt bring much to the table.

He was definately playing as a holding mid so was very deep when they had the ball. Often coming back to CB position to pick it up. When croatia had the ball he was miles away (too far forward). Should have been the first man on the scene to break down their play but just jogged about a bit half arsed and allowed them to play around him.

Like you say will need coaching

He’s just come on. They can’t qualify so not any pressure so hopefully we can see him relaxed and what he’s all about.

Played well when he came on, technically looks good, very comfortable and confident on the ball. Out of possession at times looks like he needs a rocket up his arse to really put the work in.

Think some are forgetting he played his 1st pro game earlier this year… now he’s at the World Cup. Looks very raw but clearly talented.

Back
Top Bottom