VAR Is it better without VAR?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is it better this season without VAR?

• Yes, thank god we don't have to wait five minutes before we can celebrate a goal

Votes: 369 80.0%
  • No, the officials are making errors that VAR would have spotted

Votes: 92 20.0%

• Total voters
Not tonight with that shitter of a decision

I would rather be on the wrong (and right) end of honest mistakes by officials every single week of every single season for the rest of my life, than have to suffer fucking VAR, even once, ever again.

Fuck VAR. And fuck all who travel in or with it.

I would rather be on the wrong (and right) end of honest mistakes by officials every single week of every single season for the rest of my life, than have to suffer fucking VAR, even once, ever again.

Fuck VAR. And fuck all who travel in or with it.
Get off the fence ffs. It's ditherers like you lost us the empire

I would rather suffer the odd injustice or five over the course of a season than cheer what I think is a goal, only to remember that it might not be a goal after all. Peer over to the big screen and wait for a minute or two then be relieved that we have actually scored a goal after all. VAR is terrible.

All VAR did and contiues to do is rule out good goals for miniscule offsides, sucks the life out of the game for the sake of following arbitrary rules to the letter and adds huge delays to the point where you can't be comfortable celebrating a goal. The issue wasn't a lack of VAR, it was the completely clueless officials which seems to be a common theme in the championship. If we had premier league ref and linesmen we'd have the 3 points tonight.

As a side note to anyone who does want VAR in the championship, think of all the VAR decisions you see made in the prem that baffle you, and then imagine if officials like the ones we had tonight were in charge of it instead of the best in the country...

No it takes all the enjoyment out of the game , even if we have to suffer bad decisions like last night.
Let’s face it 2 technologies got it wrong at Villa the other year

If you’ve watched any prem football this season ,VAR has been farcical.
Spoiling the game.

I'm not sure what everyone is kicking off at the decision is incredibly harsh

But it was the correct one

If Bill sprints another 2 yards its a goal but he didn't and he was in the keepers eye line its offside every day of the week

I'm sure the replies to this thread - for an incident which impacted us negatively - would be overwhelmingly endorsed by the fans of any club which has so far experienced it.

Yet it will still continue to ruin the enjoyment of games worldwide, proving once again that we're not "customers" at all. Not that we need telling that.

I'm not sure what everyone is kicking off at the decision is incredibly harsh

But it was the correct one

If Bill sprints another 2 yards its a goal but he didn't and he was in the keepers eye line its offside every day of the week
I don't think he intercepts the flight of the ball. The ref has a great view which is why I don't get that he deferred to the assistant ref who had a worse angle.

But I did wonder why Billy, MGW and Berge were just ambling out of the penalty area instead of getting onside with far more urgency while the ball was still alive.

Look at my poor drawing below. Great view for the ref and nobody offside blocking the trajectory of the ball.

Attachments

• IMG_20220317_125629.jpg
    IMG_20220317_125629.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 20

I don't think he intercepts the flight of the ball. The ref has a great view which is why I don't get that he deferred to the assistant ref who had a worse angle.

But I did wonder why Billy, MGW and Berge were just ambling out of the penalty area instead of getting onside with far more urgency while the ball was still alive.

Look at my poor drawing below. Great view for the ref and nobody offside blocking the trajectory of the ball.

I like the curve in the line 🤣🤣

It’s harsh and there’s no way the linesmen would know if he is in his eyesight but probably offside IMO

Attachments

• CA73D812-CD6B-4BC7-A480-4CBF9932E7A9.png
    CA73D812-CD6B-4BC7-A480-4CBF9932E7A9.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
I like the curve in the line 🤣🤣

It’s harsh and there’s no way the linesmen would know if he is in his eyesight but probably offside IMO
It was my Dad who was the draughtsman in our family not me 😂

Look at this then, using your photo. Billy isn't in the line of sight. After it hits Robbo who is on side, the keeper wouldn't even see Billy in his peripheral vision.

At best very unfortunate. I haven't seen many still from Sander's yet, though others suggesting a foul rather than offside. Still kick in the balls to go away with 11 injuries and draw having put the ball in the net twice. Bastards!

Attachments

• IMG_20220317_164028.jpg
    IMG_20220317_164028.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 6

Look at this then, using your photo. Billy isn't in the line of sight. After it hits Robbo who is on side, the keeper wouldn't even see Billy in his peripheral vision.

At best very unfortunate. I haven't seen many still from Sander's yet, though others suggesting a foul rather than offside. Still kick in the balls to go away with 11 injuries and draw having put the ball in the net twice. Bastards!

Maybe I think it’s close

surprised their GK saved anything the other night, according to this he sees out of his right nipple😂

Also, Billy’s arm is about a foot from the GK’s nipple eye view, so IMO everything in this shrunk down image would be in spherical view,

if the keeper is looking at the ball I would say his view is 1o’clock, if soBilly is at 12 o’clock - can’t see how that can’t be in his sight

that said, how the fuck the Lino can get that perspective from 20yds away and in line with the ball is a miracle/fuck up/guess work
E4CC09F3-D939-4E96-8FDD-58649C0A015D.jpeg

We've been trying that corner routine a few times in recent weeks, with the end result being a Norwood shot from the edge of the area. We've been trying it in slightly different ways but the framework is the same.

I'd guess that they were ambling back because its part of the routine for 3 of our players to loiter about and be in the keeper's eyeline to put them off.

We executed it perfectly, no one interfered with play (or the keeper) enough for it to be ruled out, yet here we are

surprised their GK saved anything the other night, according to this he sees out of his right nipple😂

Also, Billy’s arm is about a foot from the GK’s nipple eye view, so IMO everything in this shrunk down image would be in spherical view,

if the keeper is looking at the ball I would say his view is 1o’clock, if soBilly is at 12 o’clock - can’t see how that can’t be in his sight

that said, how the fuck the Lino can get that perspective from 20yds away and in line with the ball is a miracle/fuck up/guess work
View attachment 132629
Thing is the ref I think is in a decent spot. The linesman on the other hand has effectively a 2D view side on, with no way near the context of where the bodies are that the ref has from the diagonal view into the area. Lino is fine to put his flag up but the ref should advise that it deflected off a guy not offside and there was nobody clearly obscuring the keeper's view. The ones who did obscure it were Robbo the defenders and they were he was inside.

When the keeper comes out and says his view was obscured, goos decisions he's being massively economical with the truth. He couldn't see because of his own players and it was a good decisions as it favoured his team. The fact the ball went wide meant anything to his left became even more academic and he wouldn't have saved it in a month of Sundays anyway.

Not thought about this for awhile. But from the outset I thought VAR should be like the appeals system in Tennis. Each team can make 3 appeals to VAR per match.

They'd have to say, e.g. We think Sharp was offside. Or we think Sharp fouled the keeper.

So they couldn't just say "VAR" and expect it to scan every possible offence for 5 minutes.

I voted yes and apart from the ridiculous 10 min wait even with VAR their still getting it wrong, what about the man City handball the other week, our "goal" v villa, there still making terrible decisions with it in place

i was discussing terrible refereeing with my mate who supports bristol city. while i was moaning about the shocker not given v RND. he shown 1 even worse. the most obvious dive you will see in football given

im usually against VAR, but as VAR has got more effective, even if it started from incompetents & pedantry. Referee standards have fell off a cliff that then you cant help. its become a necessity because they have got so bad they need babysitting

Reactions: Dkc
We are the last set of fans that should wish for VAR... Its the status quo for the big teams whatever system they'll choose..

Tottenham and Villa away, need any more convincing..

i was discussing terrible refereeing with my mate who supports bristol city. while i was moaning about the shocker not given v RND. he shown 1 even worse. the most obvious dive you will see in football given

im usually against VAR, but as VAR has got more effective, even if it started from incompetents & pedantry. Referee standards have fell off a cliff that then you cant help. its become a necessity because they have got so bad they need babysitting

Laughable as this decision is, I'd still not have VAR in a million years.

Puta madre

Back
Top Bottom