Is fitness over rated?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sheffield-uniteds-neil-shipperley-celebrates-scoring-against-hull-picture-id831767862

Errrmmm - what happens when teams are unfit and are out of possession? they get steam-rollered.

I mean, if players can pass really accurately then they shouldn't have to run as much.

We pioneered overlapping wing backs when everyone said it was stupid.. So why can't we pioneer a new style where players don't need to run much?

We've created a culture that puts running 34 miiles over 90 minutes above a simple side step to create space. It's nuts if you think about it.
We should create a team around Mousset and let them eat what they want,. putting the emphasis on ability not fitness.

We've allowed ourselves to be drawn into some bullshit where 20m players on 60k pw is the norm.. It just needs someone to see through it and smash the reality of it.

I know I'll get called nuts ( very unjustly) for my forward thinking,.but just take a minute to think about it and it makes perfect sense.

Imagine the players we could attract if they weren't tied to a stupid fitness and diet regime.

It won't be given a chance though because your average fan is too brainwashed, along with most club owners and managers. :(
That would be fine if we had our own ball !

I mean, if players can pass really accurately then they shouldn't have to run as much.

We pioneered overlapping wing backs when everyone said it was stupid.. So why can't we pioneer a new style where players don't need to run much?

We've created a culture that puts running 34 miiles over 90 minutes above a simple side step to create space. It's nuts if you think about it.
We should create a team around Mousset and let them eat what they want,. putting the emphasis on ability not fitness.

We've allowed ourselves to be drawn into some bullshit where 20m players on 60k pw is the norm.. It just needs someone to see through it and smash the reality of it.

I know I'll get called nuts ( very unjustly) for my forward thinking,.but just take a minute to think about it and it makes perfect sense.

Imagine the players we could attract if they weren't tied to a stupid fitness and diet regime.

It won't be given a chance though because your average fan is too brainwashed, along with most club owners and managers. :(
How do we get the ball in the first place ?

Remember Neil Shipperley scoring an overhead kick in 05/06? Like, how did he get off the ground?

Or James Beattie, simply did no running and just banged goals in and took the pens.

The game is about winning isn’t it? So you do what you can to get players into your team to win games

Spain made a big success out of tippy tappy football that won them games and tournaments, but they had a limited number of players that could do this consistently and they dropped off as the world caught up with being able to pass and adopt the physical and fast approach.

The technical success is hard to achieve, but it also needs more than just the ability to pass the ball a lot.

England have convinced themselves that playing a possession based game is based, if the opposition don’t have the ball they can’t score.

it seems though in this tournament that teams having a go seem to do better. I’ve listened to commentators talking about how good teams like France, portugal and Spain have looked, because they’ve had more possession, only for them to concede against lesser teams and then have to find something different

teams like Belgium and Italy are showing that if you pressurise teams you get results…..

Suppose it's a bit like people who constantly make jokes but are never funny

I don't know, but your sanity is in doubt

Back
Top Bottom