Is anyone else concerned

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Been going since late 70's mate..... And I know what your saying but now is the time to pay the top lads what they deserve that's all not silly wages which I doubt any of them are asking for otherwise they would allready be out
Does any player really "deserve" the ridiculous sums being paid in the Premier League?

I don't thinks so.

If players want more than we are willing to pay then they can choose to go elsewhere

I have no problem with that whoever they are.

We will have no problem replacing them with at least like for like players that actually want to play for us, as evidenced by the progress of the last 3/4 years.

Thinking you need to spend bucket loads of cash to get good players is a complete fallacy.

All the very top players were "unknown " at some time.

The quality of recruitment is far more important than the amount of money we chuck around.

what a load of shit.

If Enda is currently on £5k a week he'll be gone by 31st Jan and no-one could argue. Thankfully he'll be on nothing like that number. I see figures like this posted everywhere and it's just bollocks

I'd fully agree and these are the wages that they came on.... All would have got a good increase when we won promotions last season....... But you can see by shifting some of the dead weight we could bring in some quality from abroad with a hope to buy in the summer
Does any player really "deserve" the ridiculous sums being paid in the Premier League?

I don't thinks so.

If players want more than we are willing to pay then they can choose to go elsewhere

I have no problem with that whoever they are.

We will have no problem replacing them with at least like for like players that actually want to play for us, as evidenced by the progress of the last 3/4 years.

Thinking you need to spend bucket loads of cash to get good players is a complete fallacy.

All the very top players were "unknown " at some time.

The quality of recruitment is far more important than the amount of money we chuck around.

Fully agree but where do these top players end up........ Playing for the clubs that offer them not only the best chance of silver wear but also the top money that all the other top players earn

From what I've seen so far this season egan/ Jack / fleck have all been up there with the so called best in the premier league

By the clubs seemingly rigid wage structure? I fully appreciate the "no Billy big balls" view, but we are sitting 7th in the prem. If teams in 1st to 6th are paying their players twice as much then as much as it pains me to say it then our lads deserve the same. I'm worried that we will end up losing some of our key players eventually.
Where’s the information about he clubs rigid wage structure? Genuine question as I’ve never heard it said.

I'd fully agree and these are the wages that they came on.... Fully agree but where do these top players end up........ Playing for the clubs that offer them not only the best chance of silver wear but also the top money that all the other top players earn
So if they want to go, let them go.

We'll get a decent fee and most of them will find out the other man's grass isn't always greener despite being much better fertilised.

The minute money becomes more important than football they've lost what it is that got them to where they are now in the first place.

We have an excellent and sustainable recruitment model and team.

Why change what got us here in the first place?

We'll get a decent fee and most of them will find out the other man's grass isn't always greener despite being much better fertilised.

The minute money becomes more important than football they've lost what it is that got them to where they are now in the first place.

Can't wait to see this forum if that happens

This misses the point I'm afraid. The modern way is that talented footballers employ agents and lawyers to negotiate for them primarily because historically clubs screwed them over, so they employed people to protect them.

In theory they can then focus on the golden goose, their football ability whilst the agent negotiates their income. United will earn £150m this season compared to £30m last season and that is largely down to the manager and the players. All of them deserve the right to express what they think they are worth .

If they over value themselves or someone else values them above what we can afford then they will be on their way.

United need to find a balance between paying the going rate and having a balanced plan for the next few years

Kev said if they want to go, you can't stop them. Let's see if he was right if big bids come in.

Lots of past players and some of the current lot love "being a Blade". I suspect they'd love trebling their wages a lot more, because of the security it gives them and their family.

This misses the point I'm afraid. The modern way is that talented footballers employ agents and lawyers to negotiate for them primarily because historically clubs screwed them over, so they employed people to protect them.

In theory they can then focus on the golden goose, their football ability whilst the agent negotiates their income. United will earn £150m this season compared to £30m last season and that is largely down to the manager and the players. All of them deserve the right to express what they think they are worth .

If they over value themselves or someone else values them above what we can afford then they will be on their way.

United need to find a balance between paying the going rate and having a balanced plan for the next few years

Absolutely 👍👍👍

And if we don't we go backwards as a club

If we think we will keep going out and finding the next Egan / Jack or fleck for next to nothings we are in for a rude awaking we need to keep these players abs add to the squad not sell and hope the next in are as good or better 90% won't be hence why we have kept most of the same team as last year with only one or two getting near the first team

what a load of shit.

If Enda is currently on £5k a week he'll be gone by 31st Jan and no-one could argue. Thankfully he'll be on nothing like that number. I see figures like this posted everywhere and it's just bollocks

What's wrong with £5K/week + £25K win bonus?

Keep em lean and mean.

Not sure but he knows a lot of very very very rich people and if he owns the club fully he either sells for a massive profit or offers them some sort of shared ownership

Coincidentally, I know several millionaires, the social life is great but could still do with my standard of living improving.....even these days, a million still has a spectacular ring to it, but the reality is that to live like a stereotypical millionaire you'd need a minimum £10-15 million to achieve the quality of life most people associate with the so-called 'high life'. Putting all this in the context of owning a club, well at least £750 million, and that's the bare minimum if all you aspire towards is to avoid relegation. The preferable alternative is to have £2 billion as a starting point, have an initial spending splurge, then attempt to get the club on a reasonable financial footing through Prem money and decent sponsorship deals.....what price renaming the stadium???

It was reported a few months ago in the national media the we pay the lowest wages in the Premier league.

Apparently £9,000 per week. So the 11 players that started at Arsenal yesterday were being paid approx. £99,000 for a week's work.

It was posted last week that over at Hillsborough Bannan, Fletcher and Forestieri are costing them £100,000 per week.

I'll tell you what let's ditch the Prince / Wilder / Bettis strategy and adopt the Chansiri Way.

Now let's see if I can gather together a spare £4,000.

It was reported a few months ago in the national media the we pay the lowest wages in the Premier league.

Apparently £9,000 per week. So the 11 players that started at Arsenal yesterday were being paid approx. £99,000 for a week's work.

It was posted last week that over at Hillsborough Bannan, Fletcher and Forestieri are costing them £100,000 per week.

I'll tell you what let's ditch the Prince / Wilder / Bettis strategy and adopt the Chansiri Way.

No let's pay the players that have got us here what they are due.... Or would you rather they left and we bring in players not as good because they fit into our wage structure

Been going since late 70's mate..... And I know what your saying but now is the time to pay the top lads what they deserve that's all not silly wages which I doubt any of them are asking for otherwise they would allready be out
Oh I do agree they need rewards just not so we bankrupt ourselves, you sound about my age so you'll have seen bad times. I was reading earlier Arsenal pay Ozil 17m a year that is disgusting, we've always been poor relations and yes perhaps some flexibility is needed but we do need to get established. I think this is our 11th top flight season since 71 that is piss poor I'd like to see us established shit we've put up with over years.

I mean no chance of Liverpool wages but Burnley Soton, Ballmouth and such then yes.

Oh I do agree they need rewards just not so we bankrupt ourselves, you sound about my age so you'll have seen bad times. I was reading earlier Arsenal pay Ozil 17m a year that is disgusting, we've always been poor relations and yes perhaps some flexibility is needed but we do need to get established. I think this is our 11th top flight season since 71 that is piss poor I'd like to see us established shit we've put up with over years.

I mean no chance of Liverpool wages but Burnley Soton, Ballmouth and such then yes.

So how much should we pay them?

So how much should we pay them?
That is a good question my friend I don't know what they are on now if highest is say 15k and lowest 5k bring them up yes (ballpark figures), they have a wage structure for a reason. I say any player that can't live on say 10-20k a week there's summat wrong, but now the tail wags the dog.

By the clubs seemingly rigid wage structure? I fully appreciate the "no Billy big balls" view, but we are sitting 7th in the prem. If teams in 1st to 6th are paying their players twice as much then as much as it pains me to say it then our lads deserve the same. I'm worried that we will end up losing some of our key players eventually.
It's certainly a dilemma. Worries me when/if offers come in for JOC, EGAN, FLECK & ENDA that wages may be the issue turns their heads.

That is a good question my friend I don't know what they are on now if highest is say 15k and lowest 5k bring them up yes (ballpark figures), they have a wage structure for a reason. I say any player that can't live on say 20k a week there's summat wrong, but now the tail wags the dog.

True but many in this league Joe average is earning 50k plus
Let's say you know your pal is earning double what your on and you were offered a job there would you Go

True but many in this league Joe average is earning 50k plus
Let's say you know your pal is earning double what your on and you were offered a job there would you Go
Personally I'd love a job of any description mate but I do understand, if doing same job and was on double I'd be miffed bit I still feel footballers on daft wages in PL.

Personally I'd love a job of any description mate but I do understand, if doing same job and was on double I'd be miffed bit I still feel footballers on daft wages in PL.

Fully agree my friend but you have to pay them what they deserve not what they want
So long as the increase are performance related it would bother me if they were on 100k per week if that's what's was agreed upon

If by being reported you mean it was in a newspaper then I can understand why the last few elections have gone the way they have

Fully agree my friend but you have to pay them what they deserve not what they want
So long as the increase are performance related it would bother me if they were on 100k per week if that's what's was agreed upon
I do understand but United make the rules perhaps they are tight at times, on the other hand how many times have the pigs almost folded chucking silly money at players.

I do understand but United make the rules perhaps they are tight at times, on the other hand how many times have the pigs almost folded chucking silly money at players.

No one is asking the club to spend silly money just the going rate for playing in the best league in the world where the club takes in 150 million season

No one has yet answered the question as to where the money is going to come from, given that HRH needs £40-50m to pay off McCabe?

How can you doubt what the club, directors, owners and management are doing? I just back them 100%

Back
Top Bottom