Is anyone else concerned

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are good...... Next level of investment needs to make us great these sort of players are going to cost North of 30mil a pai

Thought he had paid him the 5mi for the club next is fully ownership of all the assets ground training ground ect

No idea if the £5m has been paid. The rest is what I've been talking about and how will it be paid. If it's from next years budget, there won't be many £30m signings without major sales or vastly improved income. It's simple arithmetic.

It's an ongoing process but saying top 6 are on twice as much is an understatement most will be on 3 or even 4 times as much as our squad.No way can we compete with top dogs for wages.
We can compete on the pitch though ! which we are doing.

Manchester United are still paying Alexis Sanchez 300,000 per week. To play for inter Milan.

So really there are probably players on as much as our squad combined. Or 10,15,20 times what our lads started this season on.

which makes the fact we’re 7th, competing in every game with the big boys except maybe Liverpool away absolutely staggering.

best football I’ve ever witnessed as a blade, by a mile.

Sean we have way over achieved this season which bring its own problems with every man and is dog now wanting our players....... Chris as said many times the club needs to keep moving forward and he's not the sort of man to accept any less

Wouldn't disagree at all. It's all part of the same conundrum if Kevin McCabe has to be paid £40m plus.

I keep reading about our wage structure but see no evidence that anyone knows what it is.

in 2018 according to a Gurdian article quoting company accounts
Bournmouth paid £110m in wages
Brighton paid £78m
Burnley £82m
Huddersfield £63m - turnover at £125m

Since then TV money has increased significantly

I've read that our current wage bill is £15m which is laughable when looking at the numbers above

A £60m wage bill based on 30 players is an average bill of £38,500 a week. Sign relegation clauses with players and don't sign 5 year contracts and this type of wage bill is easily affordable for us with an estimated turnover of £150m

We'd therefore have some players on £50k, some on £20k /£25k and the bulk on £40k

Nowhere near the top 6 but decent premier league wages, allowing the club to invest in a range of other investments for the future including training facilities, the ground and crucially extending our corporate hospitality capacity

By the clubs seemingly rigid wage structure? I fully appreciate the "no Billy big balls" view, but we are sitting 7th in the prem. If teams in 1st to 6th are paying their players twice as much then as much as it pains me to say it then our lads deserve the same. I'm worried that we will end up losing some of our key players eventually.
No, not concerned in the slightest.

You've seen the players we've got, right?

The structure will evolve as we stay longer in this league...

I'd be worried if i was a Villa or Bournemouth fan and hanging around the bottom 3 like they are with the wage structures that they have.

We have a wage structure and are sticking to it, good on them just look at Arsenal pay their players ridiculous wages and are below us in league. It is our 1st season back let's stay there a few seasons then perhaps bigger wages, don't rob Peter to pay Paul as Villa seem to be doing.

I keep reading about our wage structure but see no evidence that anyone knows what it is.

Brighton paid £78m
Burnley £82m

I've read that our current wage bill is £15m which is laughable when looking at the numbers above

A £60m wage bill based on 30 players is an average bill of £38,500 a week. Sign relegation clauses with players and don't sign 5 year contracts and this type of wage bill is easily affordable for us with an estimated turnover of £150m

We'd therefore have some players on £50k, some on £20k /£25k and the bulk on £40k

Nowhere near the top 6 but decent premier league wages, allowing the club to invest in a range of other investments for the future including training facilities, the ground and crucially extending our corporate hospitality capacity

This is the sort of money the players will now be asking for just hope the new contracts Chris as said that are waiting to be signed are around the 30-40k mark..... If we don't deem the players good enough to earn that sort of money then sell and bring in the ones that are

We have a wage structure and are sticking to it, good on them just look at Arsenal pay their players ridiculous wages and are below us in league. It is our 1st season back let's stay there a few seasons then perhaps bigger wages, don't rob Peter to pay Paul as Villa seem to be doing.

Would you be happy with say 3 of our top players leaving then because we won't pay the going rate??

Brighton paid £78m
Burnley £82m

Our wage bill was 19 million the season before we got promoted so I doubt its 17 million now

Possibly only a rumour, but jags is the highest paid and he doesn’t get much game time.

Jags didn't come to play, just be cover and hopefully develop his post player career.

Very much the same with Billy now when he stays.

Why would either go and learn off dinosaurs like Moyes when they can learn off the master?

Would you be happy with say 3 of our top players leaving then because we won't pay the going rate??
Colin not sure how old you are mate but I've seen United throw the stupid wages about and seen the results, we were rumoured to be paying Houston 10k a week in 80's. Now I'm all for giving the players a good wage for doing well, I just don't want to see us paying stupid wages just out of interest what is the "going rate".

If you think it's like 100k+ I'd love to know what you do for a living, players get paid that because clubs stupid we're not.

It's 2m for the season tell me a better player we would have got in for the same price with all the Experience he's got in the league....... I'm sure he's helped jackegan and bash all improve to the standards set

By the way Im only going on what I'm told
If you don't believe it that's up to you

No idea of the facts but I have no problem believing that could be the case re Jags.

No transfer fee, one year contract, not much outlay for a PL long term performer who could have played plenty of games based on one injury.

Colin not sure how old you are mate but I've seen United throw the stupid wages about and seen the results, we were rumoured to be paying Houston 10k a week in 80's. Now I'm all for giving the players a good wage for doing well, I just don't want to see us paying stupid wages just out of interest what is the "going rate".

If you think it's like 100k+ I'd love to know what you do for a living, players get paid that because clubs stupid we're not.

Been going since late 70's mate..... And I know what your saying but now is the time to pay the top lads what they deserve that's all not silly wages which I doubt any of them are asking for otherwise they would allready be out

Last edited:
How long can we expect these players we have to perform at 110%,quite a few were here in our Lg 1 days.

Notice Wilder mentioning yesterday again that his team did not perform between the first and last 10 minutes,same as at Citeh.

Less than last year then.
what a load of shit.

If Enda is currently on £5k a week he'll be gone by 31st Jan and no-one could argue. Thankfully he'll be on nothing like that number. I see figures like this posted everywhere and it's just bollocks

Back
Top Bottom