Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is the main reason I don't think we have much of a chance this season.

We've not got the squad depth, at this level, to be competitive whilst carrying our typical volume of injuries.
It shows no signs of abating. It clearly isn't just bad luck at this point.

You can disagree and call me negative, whatever.. but it feels delusional to think we can stay up with so many missing so often, it's hard enough as it is.

I am still surprised we got promoted.

The Baldock injury sounds like the same thing that kept him out v Forest. Suspect he'll be ok for Spurs.

The Anel one could be a few weeks out, maybe a month I'd guess, but maybe not if it was just precautionary to miss the international matches. Hopefully be back for Spurs, if not doesn't sound too serious.

You know when you're watching the start of a film and for some reason the characters are heading off to some big estate in a remote area and you know it's all going to go very badly wrong? And you just kind of sigh and hope it won't be too bad to watch.

That's how I feel any time it's announced someone will play left-back for Sheffield United.
Like the 2 unknowns beaming down with Kirk and Spock onto some remote planet in the outer Milky Way ………

John Egan played full 90 ,thats the good news, bad news lost to France 2-0 ,

Fuck me they are dropping like flies - fingers already crossed for Anel & Furious , plus will Egan be worn out ?
It would be helpful to have some defenders available at Spurs - goal difference might count next Spring

Are we to assume tha the club employ medical and healthcare professionals at the club? Well I would assume so.
Is the regime similar for every player, or do they have specific individual targets based on height, weight and oxygen uptake? If it’s the latter then the performance levels expected of players can’t be the cause of injuries?

The answer obviously eludes management, but I’m sure any investigation into causes must consider more complex issues than anything immediately apparent to me. Full time athletes dropping like flies instantly suggests that standards expected are too high for the current level of human frailty.

I only have my own experience to fall back on, playing team sports 3 x per week in the early 70’s. Football in Sunday league, midweek floodlit football and Rugby union on Saturday afternoons. At that time pro footballers were also known to be out drinking and a few liked smoking too.
As amateurs, we enjoyed similar lifestyles, and probably held down a full yime job too.

The change has been progressively higher at the top level of sport, making ever greater demands on the human body. Has the desire for excellence gone too far?

Reactions: Dkc

Back
Top Bottom