Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Scans usually take place a few days later once the injury has settled. Otherwise you get some false results and injuries can be misdiagnosed. So there is nothing at all wrong or unusual with this.
It's absolutely laughable what conclusions some people are jumping to! Do they honestly think the medical staff are going to forget or not bother to take care of these multi-million pound assets?! "oh shit, we forgot to give the lad a scan. never mind, he'll run it off and the irish lads'll take care of him" 😆

First half when Egan got injured he was stretching off and then seemed a bit gimpy. That said he did complete 90 mins

Gimpy?

giphy.gif

First half when Egan got injured he was stretching off and then seemed a bit gimpy. That said he did complete 90 mins
This sort of shit winds me up. If he's got a knock, substitute him. Ignoring seemingly minor injuries or rushing a player back is what cost us Jack O'Connell and a lot of Jayden Bogle's time here.

I know I shouldn’t but I just laugh at all our injuries now, it’s absolutely ridiculous!

Anyone else seen anything on Anel an injury doubt for Bosnia? Article from Yorkshire Live reporting on it along with 12 players apparently injured although many of those are now fit again as far as I'm aware. Definitely injured/ill are Brewster, RND, Jebbo (is he back in training as someone said?), Fleck and Osborn. Have I missed anyone?! Larouci and Anel possibly injured.

You know when you're watching the start of a film and for some reason the characters are heading off to some big estate in a remote area and you know it's all going to go very badly wrong? And you just kind of sigh and hope it won't be too bad to watch.

That's how I feel any time it's announced someone will play left-back for Sheffield United.

This sort of shit winds me up. If he's got a knock, substitute him. Ignoring seemingly minor injuries or rushing a player back is what cost us Jack O'Connell and a lot of Jayden Bogle's time here.
Bill away at Middlesbrough last season. Crocked in the first 10 minutes, played the whole first half IIRC. Diagnosed as a bad ankle injury, stupid to play on with it. Had Brewster on the bench at the time so alternatives were available.

Hecky also did a period of about 15 games straight the season before where 34 y/o Bill played every minute of every game, whilst others got rotated. Then Bill got a serious injury.

We seem to want to laugh in the face of sports science at times. Then you look at the injury list to see how succesful that has been.

What the actual fuck is going on! 'bad luck' only stretches so far as am excuse. Questions need to be asked, it's very, very rare for an injury to be career ending in the modern game, yet JOC and looks like RND suffered them.

What the actual fuck is going on! 'bad luck' only stretches so far as am excuse. Questions need to be asked, it's very, very rare for an injury to be career ending in the modern game, yet JOC and looks like RND suffered them.
Does it look like RND has? How do you know that? Certainly hasn’t been reported anywhere.

This is the main reason I don't think we have much of a chance this season.

We've not got the squad depth, at this level, to be competitive whilst carrying our typical volume of injuries.
It shows no signs of abating. It clearly isn't just bad luck at this point.

You can disagree and call me negative, whatever.. but it feels delusional to think we can stay up with so many missing so often, it's hard enough as it is.

I was thinking we the other day maybe time for an independent enquiry. Not too play the blame game but perhaps it'll highlight issues with our conditioning, preparation and recovery/rehab.

Saying that we used to have a pint and ciggy before playing Sunday league and I never got injured!

This is the main reason I don't think we have much of a chance this season.

We've not got the squad depth, at this level, to be competitive whilst carrying our typical volume of injuries.
It shows no signs of abating. It clearly isn't just bad luck at this point.

You can disagree and call me negative, whatever.. but it feels delusional to think we can stay up with so many missing so often, it's hard enough as it is.
1694037583369.png

Back
Top Bottom