Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should be about 50 fuckin million quids worth of assets on that list.... forget it now. We'll have to get massive fees for Ndiaye and Anel to minimise the financial damage these injuries will do us

When's Coulibaly back? Wasn't he meant to be the second coming of Christ a while back?

Coulibaly...... February ish, was it? Even he was talked about in the 8m bracket at one point

Updated guesses following the latest media round ahead of the visit of Burnley..

Let's start with the bad news...
Since I last did an update Rhian Brewster has done his hamstring (again).
It's a big shame for us and an even bigger one for him. He's really struggling to get his career going. It's been stop / start with injuries since he's been here and he was out for about a year with Liverpool, at 18. Concerning.
From our perspective it's another (!!!) hamstring injury. I could regurgitate previous ramblings re: our poor conditioning but I won't. Suffice to say, it's getting ridiculous.

Tommy Doyle picked up a calf injury, presumably in training. He missed the win at Bristol but might be ready for Saturday.

Against Bristol, we were the walking wounded. Ndiaye cramped up and was hobbling, McAtee took a huge whack and was limping, Basham went off with a hip flexor injury...
the murmurings are that all should be OK for Saturday. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we protect some of them.
I wouldn't start with Ndiaye or Basham, personally. Both need a rest.

In good news, the return of Jack Robinson, Ciaran Clark and Enda Stevens. JR had an outstanding game on Tuesday night given his circumstances and completed a full 90.
The experience of Clark and Stevens from the bench helped get us over the line for the 3 points. They're going to be great additions to our squad.

T Doyle - November 2023 - calf

C Basham - November 2023 - hip

J O'Connell - January 2023 (2.5 years) - knee injury

S Berge - January 2023 (3 months) - ankle ligaments

J Bogle - January 2023 (3 months) - knee operation

M Lowe - January 2023 (4 months) - hamstring

I Coulibaly - January 2023 (5 months) - knee

R Brewster - February 2023 (3 months) - hamstring

D Jebbison - February 2023 (4 months) - ligaments

R Norrington-Davies - March 2023 (5 months) - hamstring
Thanks for doing this. It's helpful to have a reference point.

I can appreciate it is a bit of a thankless task!

O'Connell - Foreseeable
Bogle - soon to be back
RND - 2/3 months
Lowe - Soon to be back
Berge - 4-6 weeks?
Couilbaly - Who cares
Doyle - Back soon
McAtee - Back
Brewster - 2/3 months?
Jebbison - 2 months?

Suddenly the injury situation feels like there's light at the end of the tunnel

Xmas arrived early? Hope so, and that the players are managed so that there's no repeat of these injuries. Just the boost the squad needs.

With McB and Ndiaye on fire we look in great shape.

The midfeld 3 were excellent on Saturday, but it's disappointing to see that Doyle is still 50/50, despite it being reported as a bit of tenderness in the calf. If he misses tomorrow that's 3 matches out.

Terrific news re Lowe and Bogle though. Hopefully Berge isn't too far away as well.

Doyle still 50/50, despite it being reported as a bit of tenderness in the calf. If he misses tomorrow that's 3 matches out.

Terrific news re Lowe and Bogle though. Hopefully Berge isn't too far away as well.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if we don't see Doyle until after the world cup. He missed the start of the season with a calf issue and that's what's kept him out of the last two games as well. May as well get it sorted given the 4 week break.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we don't see Doyle until after the world cup. He missed the start of the season with a calf issue and that's what's kept him out of the last two games as well. May as well get it sorted given the 4 week break.
Think you could be right and they'll save him but it was thigh injury not calf I think at start of the season

Am I the only one who thinks we wont see Sander in a Blades shirt again...?

Hard to say. He will still have suitors, but if he is still out injured (or just coming back from it) throughout January it could put off the type of bid that will interest the board.

O'Connell - Foreseeable
Bogle - soon to be back
RND - 2/3 months
Lowe - Soon to be back
Berge - 4-6 weeks?
Couilbaly - Who cares
Doyle - Back soon
McAtee - Back
Brewster - 2/3 months?
Jebbison - 2 months?

Suddenly the injury situation feels like there's light at the end of the tunnel
Bit harsh on Coulibaly, though I did laugh at your comment I must confess!

Hard to say. He will still have suitors, but if he is still out injured (or just coming back from it) throughout January it could put off the type of bid that will interest the board.

Just interesting that his name hasn't been mentioned at all in recent weeks by anyone at the club, (not that I have seen anyway) can't even recall seeing any coverage of him supporting the lads, unlike Brewster & Bogle who were all over the Socials on Saturday backing their team mates.

Might be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but I wouldn't be surprised if a deal had already been done for him to leave in Jan.

Just interesting that his name hasn't been mentioned at all in recent weeks by anyone at the club, (not that I have seen anyway) can't even recall seeing any coverage of him supporting the lads, unlike Brewster & Bogle who were all over the Socials on Saturday backing their team mates.

Might be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but I wouldn't be surprised if a deal had already been done for him to leave in Jan.

There were strong rumours in the last window that the club expects him to leave, so you might not be far off.

Berge often comes across as not being that arsed about things generally, but I keep telling my self that this is just his natural Scandinavian reserve, and I hope that he is really fully on board with things, rather than preying for an exit.

I think I read somewhere that he had moved out of his flat into a Hotel during the last transfer window on expectation of a transfer happening - when the Club Brugge thing was going on. Not sure he is really committed now and we have shown we can win games without him.

Question is really, if we get a £10m bid in Jan, would that be of interest ? I doubt we’ll get more than that in summer with him only having a year left and he’s not exactly been tearing the Championship up (still might of course)

I think the £25m being held out for in the summer was because they expected him to be critical to our promotion push. Despite his flashes of brilliance or odd 10/10 game, I’d still say we aren’t getting the return we expect from him.

I think Hecky was/is holding Doyle back deliberately in case of a Norwood suspension Fortunately Norwood has avoided a fifth booking in the last two games. If he had picked one up then we would need a fit Doyle

A steady 29 from this thread so far. Looking well settled for a big score... (unfortunately...)
1667839858756.png

It's strange but in my 50 odd years I can hardly remember a big money signing ever really working out for us. Only one I can remember would be James Beattie.

He was at the lane Saturday, on the video when Robinson went into the dressing room at the end. Has been sat in ss with the others injured

McCall on injuries:

“Doyle's probably still would say 50/50 but Macca (McAtee) is back in the squad,” he told reporters. “He’s 100 per cent fine, trained this morning and did a little bit extra just to make sure he's definitely right.

“There is a clean bill of health from Saturday as well. A few bumps and bruises, we know we're carrying people over the line at the minute and next Saturday (World Cup break) can't come quick enough so they can get refreshed and re-energised.

“A couple are walking wounded this morning but they will be all fine tomorrow. Good to see Lowey, he joined in with us this morning - so that’s another positive one getting back in the fold with the lads Jayden (Bogle) was out on the grass running as well. It will be the same group as on Saturday, plus Macca.”

Interesting I am sure Hecky said they had to open Bogle's knee back up instead of keyhole surgery. Maybe he was wrong?

Back
Top Bottom