Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The fact people just talk about in a way that absolves Hecky of blame in this injury crisis is absolutely mental

You don't get unlucky for 2 years
You don't get unlucky at Barnsley, Leeds, Hibs before us either....they tried to warn us.

I'm not against the bloke as it goes- but he does something wrong training/conditioning wise and always has.

When you're at such a disadvantage as we already are financially and playing staff wise, you need every fine margin you can get. Not to be repeatedly doing yourself up the sphincter.

There's some really bad luck in there too., Lowe standing on the sprinkler Osula and Davies injured away on international duty. Fleck has had injuries before Hecky took over, the Basham one was a freak injury. McBurnie has injuries before Hecky took over as did Berge. Jebbo's illness isn't Heky's fault either. The soft tissue ones are the ones you can look at as potentially Hecky's fault. RND, Brewster mainly. I think the fact that thee squad isn't full of enough quality means we have to play people all the time like Archer and McBurnie, there's barely any competition up top and Hecky should have signed someone up top by I would guess the fact he didn't was because there wasn't the budget/time to do so. I can't believe he'd want just to senior strikers as Jebbo was ill before the window closed. Egan injury seemed to escalate from the international break and that is possibly a factor. It might not be Hecky but the physio side that isn't up to standard, I don't know. If it is Hecky's training methods I'm sure he'll be assessing options to look at how best to remedy the situation.

It's the amount of time players are out injured what gets me. Davies a goalkeeper gets injured (don't know what) and is out weeks. Players like Lowe, Fleck, McBurnie, Osborn, Jebbison and Bogle pick up long term injuries every season.

I'd understand if set players broke their leg or their ACL but it's these strains and pulls which means months out.

Anyone else noticed it's the same old players injured? Most of the new signings have been fine and been available every game. Trusty, Larouci, Thomas, Souza, Hamer, Archer, Traore and McAtee.

There's some really bad luck in there too., Lowe standing on the sprinkler Osula and Davies injured away on international duty. Fleck has had injuries before Hecky took over, the Basham one was a freak injury. McBurnie has injuries before Hecky took over as did Berge. Jebbo's illness isn't Heky's fault either. The soft tissue ones are the ones you can look at as potentially Hecky's fault. RND, Brewster mainly. I think the fact that thee squad isn't full of enough quality means we have to play people all the time like Archer and McBurnie, there's barely any competition up top and Hecky should have signed someone up top by I would guess the fact he didn't was because there wasn't the budget/time to do so. I can't believe he'd want just to senior strikers as Jebbo was ill before the window closed. Egan injury seemed to escalate from the international break and that is possibly a factor. It might not be Hecky but the physio side that isn't up to standard, I don't know. If it is Hecky's training methods I'm sure he'll be assessing options to look at how best to remedy the situation.

Lowe standing on a sprinkler and been out so long is the most pathetic injury I've ever heard of, except maybe Dave Beasant dropped a bottle of salad cream on his foot.

Re Fleck that one is on Hecky and the club they shouldn't have given him a new contract, that isn't hindsight either was said at the time same with Osborn.

Tom Davies- injury prone player again the club can take the blame for that one.

In respect of Egan, they shouldn't have let him go on International duty so that's on us as well.

Jebbo? What is actually wrong with him?

Brewster is a millstone round the clubs neck, we should have spent the money on the kop. He'll be playing non league football within next 3 - 4 years that said we are stupid enough to renew his contract as we appear to be sentimental towards injured players.

RND? Apparently is hiding behind GDpR so we don't know his comeback, but looking like next JOC.

Then you have the ridiculous scenario that Anel is injured jumping.

It's the amount of time players are out injured what gets me. Davies a goalkeeper gets injured (don't know what) and is out weeks. Players like Lowe, Fleck, McBurnie, Osborn, Jebbison and Bogle pick up long term injuries every season.

I'd understand if set players broke their leg or their ACL but it's these strains and pulls which means months out.

Anyone else noticed it's the same old players injured? Most of the new signings have been fine and been available every game. Trusty, Larouci, Thomas, Souza, Hamer, Archer, Traore and McAtee.

Slimane and Larouci both have been injured since they joined us.

Lowe standing on a sprinkler and been out so long is the most pathetic injury I've ever heard of, except maybe Dave Beasant dropped a bottle of salad cream on his foot.

Re Fleck that one is on Hecky and the club they shouldn't have given him a new contract, that isn't hindsight either was said at the time same with Osborn.

In respect of Egan, they shouldn't have let him go on International duty so that's on us as well.

Brewster is a millstone round the clubs neck, we should have spent the money on the kop. He'll be playing non league football within next 3 - 4 years that said we are stupid enough to renew his contract as we appear to be sentimental towards injured players.

RND? Apparently is hiding behind GDpR so we don't know his comeback, but looking like next JOC.

Reading that....you don't know whether to laugh or cry.

When the Prince asks Hecky why is the injury list so long?....Hecky probably says, it's just bad luck.
The Prince is probably thinking how can a team by so unlucky year in...year out, logic suggests there must be more to it.

The only player I’ve ever heard of getting injured by a sprinkler is Mickey Mantle of the New York Yankees in the 1951 World Series. A baseball player 70 plus years ago, which just goes to show how stupid this injury is.

But then again Lowe was a cert to get injured. He’s been injured frequently in his 4 seasons at the club. He’s like Bogle, Brewster, Jebbison, Osborn, Fleck (recently) and McBurnie. You can be certain at least 3 or 4 of them will be injured at any one time.

If we can only be effective with Archer playing off a target man - and it does look that way - the failure to sign another one given McBurnie will play 25 games at best looks like lunacy. Or probably more accurately the sign of an owner who couldn’t be bothered.

From YorkshireLive today.

I think this gets to the heart of it. If you have a player who's just back from a groin injury, and his groin starts giving him gyp during the first half, and you want to "protect" him, do you:

a) bring him off the pitch straight away to be on the safe side
b) keep him on till half time, then assess and sub out for the second half
c) tape it up and hope for the best, admitting defeat 10 minutes later after exacerbating an existing injury and all but guaranteeing another extended absence

I think it's clear now that the lack of squad depth is leading Hecky to make poor decisions when it comes to injury rehabilitation. Although I guess in this situation bringing Brewster on any earlier would leave him open to exactly the same criticism.

It's on Hecky if McBurnie's injury is worse than thought.

It's the amount of time players are out injured what gets me.

It is rare with this team for a player to miss the odd game with a minor muscle strain or niggle. Could this be one of the factors driving the accumulation of long-term soft tissue injuries?

We saw it with McBurnie on Saturday night. It was immediately clear that he had done some damage and was struggling to run, but the coaching/medical staff permitted him to continue. He was even strapped up and sent out for 5 minutes after half time, potentially worsening any tear in the muscle.

Are players being unwisely asked, encouraged, or allowed to play through minor tweaks that ultimately progress into serious injuries, when the sensible option would have been for them to sit out a match and a week of training?

It is rare with this team for a player to miss the odd game with a minor muscle strain or niggle. Could this be one of the factors driving the accumulation of long-term soft tissue injuries?

We saw it with McBurnie on Saturday night. It was immediately clear that he had done some damage and was struggling to run, but the coaching/medical staff permitted him to continue. He was even strapped up and sent out for 5 minutes after half time, potentially worsening any tear in the muscle.

Are players being unwisely asked, encouraged, or allowed to play through minor tweaks that ultimately progress into serious injuries, when the sensible option would have been for them to sit out a match and a week of training?
There’s a bit of it being linked to other injuries isn’t there? If you’re short of players due to injury your ability to rest other players is reduced meaning extra strain and more injuries - rinse and repeat.
Look at our bench on Saturday, realistically how many of them could we actually bring on to rest the starters?

Speculating on the causes or blame for injuries is pointless unless it is done in a scientific basis and for the whole league.

Individual clubs might take the same approach, but the criteria for any injury problem will be club/league specific.

It’s not possible to compare the conditions and criteria at any EPL club versus lower leagues where facilities and personnel differ.

The study ends up too generalized or too specific to be any help.

Speculating on the causes or blame for injuries is pointless unless it is done in a scientific basis and for the whole league.

Individual clubs might take the same approach, but the criteria for any injury problem will be club/league specific.

It’s not possible to compare the conditions and criteria at any EPL club versus lower leagues where facilities and personnel differ.

The study ends up too generalized or too specific to be any help.
I think it’s worrying a player says there injured.

We made them play another 15 minutes and then subbed them. This thought process will lead to excess injuries.

I think it’s worrying a player says there injured.

We made them play another 15 minutes and then subbed them. This thought process will lead to excess injuries.
It’s not useful to compare the thought process with the scientific process.

I’m sure there is someone at Loughborough looking at this right now. They will have a list of relevant questions. Injury occurred when, training or competing. Contact of non contact. Open or closed.

Head injuries and consciousness are already subject to protocol in some sports.

Muscle or bone or both etc etc. It goes on and on. EPL, EFL, Non league. Pro or amateur ……
Age, height, weight ……. It’s all relevant to cause and subject to comparison.

Wilder’s preference for high intensity training is well known.

giphy.gif

Some light reading for you

You don't get unlucky at Barnsley, Leeds, Hibs before us either....they tried to warn us.

I'm not against the bloke as it goes- but he does something wrong training/conditioning wise and always has.

When you're at such a disadvantage as we already are financially and playing staff wise, you need every fine margin you can get. Not to be repeatedly doing yourself up the sphincter.
Just what exactly were we “warn(ed) about
When, where & by whom ?

Back
Top Bottom