Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nope.

Majority of games he plays hes at 70-80% max just lightly jogging around trying to not get knocked over by a soft breeze.
Last season he was peak McBurnie up to his injury. He never returned the same player and always seemed to be struggling.

The two seasons before that I doubt a league one team would have signed him.

Not jumping at a new deal clearly shows his self belief or he just fancies a change

Last season he was peak McBurnie up to his injury. He never returned the same player and always seemed to be struggling.

The two seasons before that I doubt a league one team would have signed him.

Not jumping at a new deal clearly shows his self belief or he just fancies a change
Someone will take a chance on him, stupid if they do

Someone will take a chance on him, stupid if they do
I really like McBurnie & he’ll probably either be in the squad for a bottom end premiership team or top end championship team next season, but I don’t think he’ll get regular football at that standard like he did with us.

He’s just far too injury prone, over the 5 seasons he should have played so many more games for us

I really like McBurnie & he’ll probably either be in the squad for a bottom end premiership team or top end championship team next season, but I don’t think he’ll get regular football at that standard like he did with us.

He’s just far too injury prone, over the 5 seasons he should have played so many more games for us
He's injury prone, suspension prone and when he goes play always looks half fit. Out of a season you're lucky to get half a dozen decent games out of him. I'll be delighted to see the back of him.

Number of PL games played this season by the players who are currently injured, and the date of their last appearances (Sub appearances in brackets):

Jebbison 0, last game v Huddersfield (a) 5 May 2023 (though played 4 games for England U20 in May and June)
Egan 6(0), last game v West Ham (a) 27 September
Basham 3(5), last game v Fulham (a), 7 October
Norrington-Davies 2(3), last game v Luton (a) 10 February
Lowe 3(5), last game v Luton (a) 10 February
Brewster 3(8), last game v Wolves (a) 25 February
Baldock 11(2), last game v Bournemouth (a) 9 March (though inexplicably allowed to play for Greece on 21 March)
T Davies 2(7), last game v Bournemouth (a) 9 March
Robinson 28(2), last game v Chelsea (h) 7 April
McBurnie 15(6), last game v Burnley (h) 20 April

I assume that the vast majority of these players are out for the season.

What a mess. We need to be very careful with contract renewals.

Number of PL games played this season by the players who are currently injured, and the date of their last appearances (Sub appearances in brackets):

Jebbison 0, last game v Huddersfield (a) 5 May 2023 (though played 4 games for England U20 in May and June)
Egan 6(0), last game v West Ham (a) 27 September
Basham 3(5), last game v Fulham (a), 7 October
Norrington-Davies 2(3), last game v Luton (a) 10 February
Lowe 3(5), last game v Luton (a) 10 February
Brewster 3(8), last game v Wolves (a) 25 February
Baldock 11(2), last game v Bournemouth (a) 9 March (though inexplicably allowed to play for Greece on 21 March)
T Davies 2(7), last game v Bournemouth (a) 9 March
Robinson 28(2), last game v Chelsea (h) 7 April
McBurnie 15(6), last game v Burnley (h) 20 April

I assume that the vast majority of these players are out for the season.

What a mess. We need to be very careful with contract renewals.
Especially with Egan , Bash , RND , Lowe & McBurnie.
Obviously it's difficult for a fan to assess without medical reports but I wouldn't give any of them a contract.
That's not being disrespectful.
Egan & Bash have been wonderful servants , virtually 100% available.
But the club needs to look after itself or the slide will continue.
Some hard decisions ahead.
We must start recruiting younger players with some natural strength & consistent fitness.

Especially with Egan , Bash , RND , Lowe & McBurnie.
Obviously it's difficult for a fan to assess without medical reports but I wouldn't give any of them a contract.
That's not being disrespectful.
Egan & Bash have been wonderful servants , virtually 100% available.
But the club needs to look after itself or the slide will continue.
Some hard decisions ahead.
We must start recruiting younger players with some natural strength & consistent fitness.

Bash will, I am sure, be released.

Egan has only really had one bad injury in all his time with us. Unfortunately he has it now.

Lowe has played 42 games in the 3 seasons he's been with us (he was of course on loan in a fourth season). No renewal, surely.

RND has played 5 matches in 18 months. Difficult to make a case for renewal on anything but pay as you play or similar.

Baldock (who you do not mention) has missed 21, 10 and 21 (so far) games the last 3 seasons. Not good. I expect him to leave anyway.

After being almost ever present in year one McBurnie has missed 15, 18, 8 and 13 (so far) games in the last 4 seasons. Again, not good. If the rumours re the latest injury are true I wonder whether we might yet keep him as his unreliability will keep him from being signed elsewhere.

Bash will, I am sure, be released.

Egan has only really had one bad injury in all his time with us. Unfortunately he has it now.

Lowe has played 42 games in the 3 seasons he's been with us (he was of course on loan in a fourth season). No renewal, surely.

RND has played 5 matches in 18 months. Difficult to make a case for renewal on anything but pay as you play or similar.

Baldock (who you do not mention) has missed 21, 10 and 21 (so far) games the last 3 seasons. Not good. I expect him to leave anyway.

After being almost ever present in year one McBurnie has missed 15, 18, 8 and 13 (so far) games in the last 4 seasons. Again, not good. If the rumours re the latest injury are true I wonder whether we might yet keep him as his unreliability will keep him from being signed elsewhere.
Good summary , cheers.

I didn't mention Baldock coz I love him as a player and would hate to see him leave , but was unsure about his injury - seems strange that he's missed so many games and yet is touted for a move away.

And in contrast , you reckon that McBurnie's record makes him unattractive , yet he's missed fewer games.
I can't see the point in keeping him as he never looks fully fit even when he plays and now he's got a long-term injury - I'd let his contract run out along with Lowe & RND.

Egan is the conundrum for me - he was out of form before he was injured so ideally I'd like us to find a physically dominant leader of a CB to marshall the defence but of course they cost money , but for me it's a priority position and one we've not had all season.
Egan has never had effective competition for his place in all his time with us and really we can't allow that to continue.

Back
Top Bottom