Im in pain, and i dont like it.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blademark

Reaction score
Its simply horrible being a Blade just now. Its horrible having to read all the 'Wilder out' posts. Some of them seem to forget that 12 months ago he was talked about as a future England manager and possibly the best in our history.
Certainly, the post-lockdown situation has had a huge effect, one way or another. I've always been in the 'best manager ever' camp, but here's what really hurts- I can't actually find an argument against the lynch mob. I still believe that he is an excellent manager, although patently we now know he has weaknesses, but I do think that what he has done to lift our Blades out of the doldrums and give us enormous pride to go anywhere in the world and be happy to say 'I am a Sheffield United fan' should at the very least buy him some time. He will learn from this and come back an even better manager, and I'd rather he did that with us than someone else.
But please, make the pain go away Chris, and do it quickly.

Never thought he was a candidate for England manager, always thought he was one of the best in our history, but ashamedly I did slip into the Wilder out camp throughout December.

I’m now firmly back into the wilder in camp, its taken the whole month, I don’t do things knee-jerk, but the turnaround in form has given hope to many and I hope, changed a few minds.

Hope the pain is receding.

UTB.

I think we've all been in pain all season but our next 2 are winnable, at all costs we must beat WBA, I'm hoping we thump them but you never know. We are not down till mathematically impossible to stay up, I suspect we will give it a damned good go.

Your timing is a bit weird mate, there have been some very positive signs shown in the past 2 or 3 weeks. Sure we have had a horrible run, but most observers can see a welcome revival happening now.

Your timing is a bit weird mate, there have been some very positive signs shown in the past 2 or 3 weeks. Sure we have had a horrible run, but most observers can see a welcome revival happening now.
Yes may only be FA cup but 4 wins from 6 is an enormous improvement.

I'm just glad the time to sack Wilder has well and truly passed. Give the bloke another go for a couple yes a couple of years. Because having read the thoughts of chity fans I'd rather have a few seasons (hopefully towards the top) where we might have some good times again! UTB FTP.

The post was written on January 2nd, so more understandable I guess.

Never thought he was a candidate for England manager, always thought he was one of the best in our history, but ashamedly I did slip into the Wilder out camp throughout December.

I’m now firmly back into the wilder in camp, its taken the whole month, I don’t do things knee-jerk, but the turnaround in form has given hope to many and I hope, changed a few minds.

Hope the pain is receding.

UTB.

Oh ye of little faith,

Back
Top Bottom