CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can't be arsed to scroll through this, but I'm not being a penis and starting a new thread either, so forgive me..

Ndiaye's contract is up NEXT summer?
It sounds like he won't sign an extension?
Do we have the option for another year?

Or is it, this year is his season (at best) and he's a free agent next summer?

No option. Walks on a free next season is my understanding... and he's keen to run it down.

No option. Walks on a free next season is my understanding... and he's keen to run it down.
A calculated risk by him and his advisers. Another season on low wages leading to a pot of gold in 12 months' time. The pot will be quite some size as well if he manages to be effective a Prem level, as it will also be for Berge. However, there's always remains the possibility of serious injury and/or loss of form. You would hope that would open the door for some sort of compromise between the club and the player - the most obvious being a big uplift in salary in return for signing an agreement that protects Utd interests up to a point i.e. an agreed release fee clause.

A calculated risk by IN and his advisers. If he should suffer a serious injury, well draw your own conclusions. Of course, if he has another great season then whoever he chooses to sign for will have signed a great player.

A calculated risk by him and his advisers. Another season on low wages leading to a pot of gold in 12 months' time. The pot will be quite some size as well if he manages to be effective a Prem level, as it will also be for Berge. However, there's always remains the possibility of serious injury and/or loss of form. You would hope that would open the door for some sort of compromise between the club and the player - the most obvious being a big uplift in salary in return for signing an agreement that protects Utd interests up to a point i.e. an agreed release fee clause.
You’d think there would be a deal to be done here… win win for all parties.

As you say wage uplift and an extra bonus (on top of the promotion stuff) and a very reasonable release clause with different figures for if we stay up or go down (so he can be assured we won’t try and make him play Championship football again).

Maybe won’t be pound for pound as good as waiting for a bumper signing on fee as a free agent, but might not be miles off and they get money in their pockets now and the security of being under contract.

Who knows, if we get a big money takeover he may not want to leave once he’s surrounded by better quality players and on a proper PL wage?

Sadly, I don't think we are in a position to wait and see. If any player does not want to commit to us, we can't afford to lose him on the free. As hard as it is to say..... If we get a good offer, I would sell.
If he keeps us in the PL, that's worth more to United financially than any transfer fee we'll receive now.

If he keeps us in the PL, that's worth more to United financially than any transfer fee we'll receive now.

It’s a difficult one as we could keep him and still be relegated.

It all depends on what offers we might get this summer, if someone is desperate to sign him and offers £50m, then I’d take it. But I think that’s highly unlikely given his contract situation, so might as well gamble and keep him instead of accepting something like a £20m bid.

I think illy is doing the right thing, no problems with that myself, I think it’s highly unlikely we could afford to offer him a wage that he probably couldn’t better at almost all prem teams and he and his agent know that

If he plays like we all hope he does then he could be that difference that keeps us up for a year and that alone is worth more than what selling him now would be worth

I think illy is doing the right thing, no problems with that myself, I think it’s highly unlikely we could afford to offer him a wage that he probably couldn’t better at almost all prem teams and he and his agent know that

If he plays like we all hope he does then he could be that difference that keeps us up for a year and that alone is worth more than what selling him now would be worth
Mad how many people think footballers doing this is wrong. Yes it's rare to see, but he was given a contract length and he intends to see it through.

So many players get their agents to force through a better deal or force a move elsewhere.
It's actually great to see both Ndiaye and Berge doing it.

Who knows if we are comfortable in January, they may extend 🤞🏼

The decision might not be his, we might decide to cash in now for the right offer. If no takeover happens. We need to build a new squad as insurance of being back in the Championship. We have an aging and soon to be out of contract squad. Sell now if we can get £25-30 million and invest in the team not the debts.

We only have 3/4 players that might be a PL level asset (Ndiaye, Anel, Berge and possibly Egan). 2 of those are nearly out of contract, the rest of the squad will hang on cause no way any of them will be subject to PL club interest (unless it’s buttons for youth players).

We like the Pigs are not attractive because of the “Sheffield vs London, Manchester or Birmingham” factor. Luton (if promoted), Bournemouth, Burnley, Fulham, Brighton, Villa are all close to big metropolis with good travel links and airports.

Offer him an 2 year contract.

Make him our highest paid player.

Put in a reasonable release clause (which still protects us somewhat) and an even lower one if we go down.

Seems like it’s win win. He can get paid for a year. He’d be able to make his move if we go down or stay up. We still make some money when he leaves. Would he say no?

The decision might not be his, we might decide to cash in now for the right offer. If no takeover happens. We need to build a new squad as insurance of being back in the Championship. We have an aging and soon to be out of contract squad. Sell now if we can get £25-30 million and invest in the team not the debts.

We only have 3/4 players that might be a PL level asset (Ndiaye, Anel, Berge and possibly Egan). 2 of those are nearly out of contract, the rest of the squad will hang on cause no way any of them will be subject to PL club interest (unless it’s buttons for youth players).

We like the Pigs are not attractive because of the “Sheffield vs London, Manchester or Birmingham” factor. Luton (if promoted), Bournemouth, Burnley, Fulham, Brighton, Villa are all close to big metropolis with good travel links and airports.
The decision is his. We can't force him to sign a contract if he chooses not to.

Offer him an 2 year contract.

Make him our highest paid player.

Put in a reasonable release clause (which still protects us somewhat) and an even lower one if we go down.

Seems like it’s win win. He can get paid for a year. He’d be able to make his move if we go down or stay up. We still make some money when he leaves. Would he say no?
The likelihood is that his 'representatives' know that any fee we receive will reduce their fee and his wage with any club he signs for so they couldn't care less about doing us any favours.

They will want him to go for free next summer so that his signing on fee is as big as possible and their cut is maximised. It's the sad reality of modern football. Agents are c*nts.

Even if he's devalued to a £5 million fee type player that's 5 million he could ask for a signing on fee or over his next contract.

I am sadly of the opinion we need to sell him to buy players who can do a job for us in the following seasons be it in the prem or getting us back in there.

The likelihood is that his 'representatives' know that any fee we receive will reduce their fee and his wage with any club he signs for so they couldn't care less about doing us any favours.

They will want him to go for free next summer so that his signing on fee is as big as possible and their cut is maximised. It's the sad reality of modern football. Agents are c*nts.

I get that but I do wonder if it would be enough to make up for say 4mil in wages he could earn if you put him on a fairly standard PL contract for a year.

We paid wilder 80k a week after all, didn’t we!

If he goes on a free he’ll be able to receive a significantly more substantial signing-on bonus too. He’s not signing a contract with us.

The question then becomes about whether we sell now or if we keep him figuring that the value he brings to the team as a key player who could keep us up outweighs whatever we’d get. No one is equating Ndiaye’s value to the money we’d make from staying up. It’s no guarantee and we’re more than one player. But given the figures we’re talking about I wouldn’t entertain any offer less than £40 million.

We can only hope that a number of high profile clubs start a bidding war, which will drive the price up and offer him the destination and contract that he would like. Someone like Newcastle would be an ideal destination for him and provide us with much needed funds.
I do not want him to leave but £25m in exchange for nothing and no more than a slightly better chance ( he could get injured ) of staying up is a no brainer

Our best chance of staying in the EPL is by keeping IllimAn for the season or at least until January. If we sell him now even for £20 mill we are never going to get anyone as good. Another season in PL is worth o lot more than 20 million.

Ndiaye has no interest in signing a new deal with us, he never has had. Part of his unhappiness is allegedly meant to relate to how he was treated before he signed the current deal.

His current value is about £10m, £15m at the very most with a very well & cleverly structured set of add ons. This value only exists until 11pm on Friday, September 1st, after that he is valueless. He's currently on something like £5k a week, Marseille would happy offer between 10 and 20 times that to get him on a free. Put very simply, every £1m saved off of a fee equates to £20k a week extra in wages that a team can pay the player.

He is quite within his rights to sit tight and see his contract out. He knows it ends next summer and he also knows that he can sign a pre-contractual agreement in the JTW. We can't force him out of the club & if things got unpleasant he could refuse to play. The only way he leaves this transfer window is if a club is prepared to step in early, pay a transfer fee and pay him the level of wages that he thinks he can get should he leave on a free.

The trouble is with the current situation is that a decision has to be made and the matter dealt with quickly & professionally well before the 1st September, quite probably before the end of July, because the worst of both worlds is if he leaves and doesn't give us opportunity to re-invest any money until JTW. Judging by our past performances, do we honestly believe that we have the ability to deal with the matter successfully? (please refer to the Ramsdale transfer for a pointer)

Ndiaye has no interest in signing a new deal with us, he never has had. Part of his unhappiness is allegedly meant to relate to how he was treated before he signed the current deal.

His current value is about £10m, £15m at the very most with a very well & cleverly structured set of add ons. This value only exists until 11pm on Friday, September 1st, after that he is valueless. He's currently on something like £5k a week, Marseille would happy offer between 10 and 20 times that to get him on a free. Put very simply, every £1m saved off of a fee equates to £20k a week extra in wages that a team can pay the player.

He is quite within his rights to sit tight and see his contract out. He knows it ends next summer and he also knows that he can sign a pre-contractual agreement in the JTW. We can't force him out of the club & if things got unpleasant he could refuse to play. The only way he leaves this transfer window is if a club is prepared to step in early, pay a transfer fee and pay him the level of wages that he thinks he can get should he leave on a free.

The trouble is with the current situation is that a decision has to be made and the matter dealt with quickly & professionally well before the 1st September, quite probably before the end of July, because the worst of both worlds is if he leaves and doesn't give us opportunity to re-invest any money until JTW. Judging by our past performance, do we honestly believe that we have the ability to deal with the matter successfully? (please refer to the Ramsdale transfer for a pointer)

I think the club played the Ramsdale hand well (other than Slav picking ‘No Hands’ against West Brom).

We fully intended to sell him during the summer, and publically arranged a ‘shit or bust’ meeting with Arsenal down south somewhere, after which we publically stated No Deal.

Lo and behold, Rammers refuses to play, and Arsenal find an extra few million behind the sofa.

It shows the Prince will take no prisoners when it comes to getting a deal - and there’s a few skeletons to prove it (Hi Kevin, hi Dozy, hi 2021 Iliman…)

I think the club played the Ramsdale hand well (other than Slav picking ‘No Hands’ against West Brom).

We fully intended to sell him during the summer, and publically arranged a ‘shit or bust’ meeting with Arsenal down south somewhere, after which we publically stated No Deal.

Lo and behold, Rammers refuses to play, and Arsenal find an extra few million behind the sofa.

It shows the Prince will take no prisoners when it comes to getting a deal - and there’s a few skeletons to prove it (Hi Kevin, hi Dozy, hi 2021 Iliman…)

I don't know who told you that, but the story I was told involved us/UW making a right pig's ear of things, nearly killing the deal, us having to quickly employ 3rd party agents on our behalf to resurrect it and then pay them £1m for them to sell a player that we wanted to sell, to a team that wanted to buy, for a price that both teams were happy with when negotiations first started.

I don't know who told you that, but the story I was told involved us/UW making a right pig's ear of things, nearly killing the deal, us having to quickly employ 3rd party agents on our behalf to resurrect it and then pay them £1m for them to sell a player that we wanted to sell, to a team that wanted to buy, for a price that both teams were happy with when negotiations first started.
Given he was the only significant sale, and given the significant amount, that will no doubt show in the accounts when they are published.

I still don't believe this theory that he holds any type of grudge about the contract situation last time. Seems a very happy boy here overall. Loads of interaction with SUTV etc as well.

Given he was the only significant sale, and given the significant amount, that will no doubt show in the accounts when they are published.
Between 2nd February 2021 and 31st January 2022, we spent £3,571,417 on Agents fees. The figure/any figure will be within that.

Ouch, that is a fuck up if correct.

Well, having reread your post, mine & yours are similar. I might have been told a version of the truth, with a negative spin on it, and you with a positive spin on it! :)

True, and I guess the reality is in the details struck with Arsenal. If the revised offer was worth more than the £1m paid to the agents, you could argue job well done/job got lucky.

I think it shows the Prince would piss anybody off for a dime, so if we do have an Ndiaye auction, it could be interesting! Not that I think we will, I imagine he stays, with the hope of the club persuading Illy to do one more year if we stay up, so we can get some cash for him at some point.

He goes on free. Ironically probably financially prudent for him to not sign a deal on improved terms with us.

Let’s say we offer him 50k a week, it’s only going to be an extra couple of million for the year. Peanuts in the grand scheme of football wealth.

By avoiding a transfer fee, the signing on fee could dwarf upside (or simply match) on wages we could offer him for a year. This is something his agent will be well aware of and will form part of negotiations.

A prospect club could save 20-30m in transfer by waiting a year. Give 20% of that as a signing on bonus and we are blown out of the water.

On top of this being available on a free also likely increases the clubs vying for his signature, more clubs = stronger negotiating position.

Back
Top Bottom