CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lots of good questions raised in reply outside of Ndiaye about the management of the club, failing to get contracts renewed and the failings of the club sale process to date. My favourite though has to be;

" Why don't you communicate with local media and instead get your message out via sycophantic puff pieces" :D

Is it official that he's gone then? I can't be arsed to read 849 pages.

So the reports he was talking to the club regarding a new contract in the past month has been a load of shit?

We can't even find a shirt sponsor ffs, the club is a mess.
It was the biggest contract the club has ever offered anyone of course they are gonna look at it but if OM have offered more what then … where do you stop?

It was the biggest contract the club has ever offered anyone of course they are gonna look at it but if OM have offered more what then … where do you stop?

But you said him and his agent refused to sit down and talk about a new contract, so how could it have been the biggest contract in our history.

No we’re not ffs

The club cannot attract the type of owners who can bankroll us . Fact . We never have .

We are where we are - an owner who bankrolled Wilder ( some could say playing football manager) and he blew it .The rest is history.

The prince doesn’t want to and can’t bankroll the cash flow of the club . Therefore , we get what we are getting .

If IN wouldn’t sign a contact and we risked losing him for nothing with no guarantee that he would tear the PL a new one -then take the money .

We are currently designed to get what we are getting - stop getting so fd off about it . It’s easy to spend other people’s money .

We will survive and Hecky Will do his best . I still think the prince will re invest in younger players to boost the future potential stock of talent to sell . But without big - no - massively ( sorry) wealthy owners - we are where we are
With our current team we don't have a prayer of staying up.

Should have negotiated in January and accepted 25mil and asked for a loan back til end of season just gone, would have worked out as a better deal.
How do you know we did not try to do that?
We have been trying to negotiate a new contract with him for the past two years but his agent has refused to get to the negotiating table
We wanted a reasonable minimum fee in any new contract but the agent did not want one
We wanted to make him our highest paid player but the agent did not want this as he could see more money by letting the contract run down
Illy was not wanting to sign a New contract as he always wanted to play for OM
We had no guarantee that keeping him would ensure that we retained our position in the premier
We had no guarantee that he would not do a Lundstram and not turn up for matches in very much the same way that Lundstram did

This is the only way we had any chance of getting a decent fee for him ( no idea what it is but better than nothing is something) whilst taking the above points into account
Yes ifs buts and maybees indicate different but no guarantees

Not sure you get this football malarkey if you honestly expected all United fans to just shrug their shoulders.

We can all disagree on various reactions but I can't understand why people don't expect a decent level of anger or disappointment at news like this.

Any club would be the same. Many fans live and breathe it.
I understand fully, been going since 69.
My opinion is as valid as yours, pretty arrogant of you to think not.

How do you know we did not try to do that?
We have been trying to negotiate a new contract with him for the past two years but his agent has refused to get to the negotiating table
We wanted a reasonable minimum fee in any new contract but the agent did not want one
We wanted to make him our highest paid player but the agent did not want this as he could see more money by letting the contract run down
Illy was not wanting to sign a New contract as he always wanted to play for OM
We had no guarantee that keeping him would ensure that we retained our position in the premier
We had no guarantee that he would not do a Lundstram and not turn up for matches in very much the same way that Lundstram did

This is the only way we had any chance of getting a decent fee for him ( no idea what it is but better than nothing is something) whilst taking the above points into account
Yes ifs buts and maybees indicate different but no guarantees

Then make him stay to the end of his contract, he'll play his final year for us. We stay up we give him an incredible contract because we'd have another 200m. If we go down, let him go for free.

Its a gamble, but so is selling him for 13m 13 days before the season starts.

With him I give us a chance of staying up.

Without him, we're relegated already.

That 13m sale could literally lose us 200m in the long run.

we’ve confirmed our relegation for fourteen fucking million pounds. Pathetic united.
Totally agree- all those on here trying to justify this decision are in La La Land-

The decision is completely dreadful. We have got to the best league in the world and seem to be approaching it like we've just come up from Lge 1.

Illy was a glimmer of hope, he was our best player by a country mile. Forget signing a contract he was 100% to be told you fulfil the year and you go with our best wishes.

What the fuck were they thinking, to say this is upsetting doesn't get close.

Currie was sold before we got relegated
No, we got relegated after we lost 5-0 at Spurs on 27th March. TC played in all 1st team games until the end of the season and even played in the County Cup final after the end of the season, Harry Latham's testimonial and two Gibraltar International soccer festival matches. He left us for Leeds in June 1976, more than 2 months after relegation.

Then make him stay to the end of his contract, he'll play his final year for us. We stay up we give him an incredible contract because we'd have another 200m. If we go down, let him go for free.

“make him stay” 😂😂😂

No, we got relegated after we lost 5-0 at Spurs on 27th March. TC played in all 1st team games until the end of the season and even played in the County Cup final after the end of the season, Harry Latham's testimonial and two Gibraltar International soccer festival matches. He left us for Leeds in June 1976, more than 2 months after relegation.
Thanks

Okay, that's fair.

Make him sign a contract before he plays (like the first contract), if he doesn't sign one he doesn't have a platform to get this move to Marseille (or any other club). Tell him no matter what his contract situation is, if we get a bid to the value of what we believe he's worth, we'll let him go. Then the rest is on him.

We look after you, you look after us. After all, nobody else gave him that shot after he was playing for Boreham Wood (he wasn't great for them, either btw).

This may have been the case anyway. The problem is and always has been for the board is if he chooses not to sign then he goes for nothing.

Ndiaye signing a contract doesn't alter our chances of staying up, because he's still on our books.

Him leaving alters our chances of staying up, significantly imo, and the fee we are reportedly getting is not enough to make up those chances.

You can see it but unfortunately the clueless fools in charge are too blind to see this 13 million could end up costing us 100s of millions long term and go backwards and go backwards.

It is so frustrating to watch us make the same old stupid mistakes.

How can there be any positive from this unless we somehow unearth some wonderkid that turns out to be the next Ndiaye?

The only thing that would soften the blow is the club going out and making a statement of intent by going and signing Alex Scott for example.

He has the potential to become a future England international and go for big money like Grealish.

But then again this is Sheffield United we don't do forward thinking.
But wonderkids can be like Ndiaye they get their heads turned ,run down the contract and leave for nothing after all the work that you put into them.

This may have been the case anyway. The problem is and always has been for the board is if he chooses not to sign then he goes for nothing.

Ndiaye signing a contract doesn't alter our chances of staying up, because he's still on our books.

Him leaving alters our chances of staying up, significantly imo, and the fee we are reportedly getting is not enough to make up those chances.

This 13million pound sale could lose us 200million this time next summer. I'd rather lose him for free trying to stay up, than sell him for 13m and just give in. But that's me.

He's contracted until next summer.

We have every right to enforce that contract.

Yep, we have every right to “make him stay” for another 12 months. L We cannot force him to play, or play well for that matter. Marseille will still be there for him next year, regardless of what happens with us in the meantime.

Did you actually read what I put

Yep, we have every right to “make him stay” for another 12 months. L We cannot force him to play, or play well for that matter. Marseille will still be there for him next year, regardless of what happens with us in the meantime.

If he's contracted to us, and we name him in the squad for a game, then if he doesn't he's breaching his contract. Of course we can make him play.

We can't make him play well, no. But as a professional playing badly isn't gonna get him a good move, is it?

I understand fully, been going since 69.
My opinion is as valid as yours, pretty arrogant of you to think not.
Nothing to do with arrogance.

It should be as clear as day to any fan that there would be a level of meltdown at this news. You don't have to agree with it.

Do what i am doing stopping at home . Do not see the point on spoiling my weekends supporting a club so badly run with no ambition no money even though they have had parachute payments biggest gates in the championship plus two lots of promotion money 35 million for their goalie and now this and they expect the supporters to be happy spending 3 million on signings with no chance of survival in the prem being used as cannon fodder . No thanks . Hope you enjoy it mate i do feel for most supporters on here others deserve what is coming to them .
:)

Back
Top Bottom