CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

PS, just left Marseille and La France on a cruise ship. It is a shithole, not a good move lifestyle, but his boyhood club.... he'll be back, of this I'm sure. We just need to sort out our shit first, hopefully Hecky has the gonads to do it. I think so. EPL survival is not about the cheating top 6 or 7 but beating the lower wannabes. We can do that imo.Florist? Bournemouth? Luton? Belgiumloanley? Pastitpalace? Finish above 3.

I’ve changed my mind on this. I think it will be one of two outcomes now. OM will either pay us what we want, I’m guessing around 20m, or Illy will sign a new contract. He’s obviously got the potential to earn mega money but he also has the risk of getting injured (like JOC) as he runs his contract down. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit now if we manage to negotiate a new deal for him.

Stop wetting the bed about some French tramps. He’s not for sale and will sign a new deal here. Agent speak
I love France but this is still one of my favourite posts in recent times.

Stay Ili, stay.

Olympique Marseille are in advanced negotiations over personal terms with Iliman Ndiaye.
🔵
✨
Agreement expected soon as five year deal is being discussed, Ndiaye wants the move.OM will negotiate with Sheffield about transfer fee. Step by step.Deal on as revealed last week.

A player with ilimans talent should be looking at marseille at 33 not 23 despite supporting them, has a good season next year and the lad could double his money at a Bayern Munich level club easily and win some major honours

Reactions: RWE
I just don’t see why 1. we’d sell at this stage and 2. why he’d go there? Forget the boyhood club shite every player in the world wants to play in the prem, if I was him or his agent I’d say play a year in the prem with Utd, leave on a free to a big club and be a star and then leave to Marseille when he’s late 20’s. What benefit does his career progression gain off going to Marseille so young? It’s nearly always players go back to boyhood clubs when they’ve done all they want in the game

A player with ilimans talent should be looking at marseille at 33 not 23 despite supporting them, has a good season next year and the lad could double his money at a Bayern Munich level club easily and win some major honours
Just put the exact same mate, doesn’t make sense going at 23. He’s got a full career ahead of him and going to Marseille so soon would most likely stop him getting a big move later down the line

Are you for real?
I agreed with another poster that your posts looked suspect. I was told it was a windup so apologised.
I’ve even ‘liked’ your posts when I think you’re making a valid point.
Calm down. It’s like you’re trying to make everything about yourself or something!
pig-what.gif

Olympique Marseille are in advanced negotiations over personal terms with Iliman Ndiaye.
🔵
✨
Agreement expected soon as five year deal is being discussed, Ndiaye wants the move.OM will negotiate with Sheffield about transfer fee. Step by step.Deal on as revealed last week.

This is old news. I spoke to someone at a high level at the club and revealed this 5 weeks ago.....don't think anyone believed me.
I even named the club Marseille that a deal had been 99% done with.

The main issue with N'Diaye not signing a contract with us.....was the relegation clause.
He won't accept a reduction in pay if we were relegated, where as Marseille won't be relegated and it's the club he supports who are playing in the Champions League next season. If we keep him....his morale will decrease and he won't be the same player next season for us.
The club have known for a long time that N'Diaye is very likely leaving but they have plans in place.

I just don’t see why 1. we’d sell at this stage and 2. why he’d go there? Forget the boyhood club shite every player in the world wants to play in the prem, if I was him or his agent I’d say play a year in the prem with Utd, leave on a free to a big club and be a star and then leave to Marseille when he’s late 20’s. What benefit does his career progression gain off going to Marseille so young? It’s nearly always players go back to boyhood clubs when they’ve done all they want in the game

A Level of arrogance on display here.

Marsaille are literally in the champions league the pinnacle of club football - and have been fairly consistently. Won league titles and would have 2 more recently without PSGs financial doping.

Their stadium holds nearly 70,000 fans

Even ignoring that it’s where he grew up. If he goes there and performs for them he could move again if he wanted too or he might be happy with a life everyone on here would dream of.

Just put the exact same mate, doesn’t make sense going at 23. He’s got a full career ahead of him and going to Marseille so soon would most likely stop him getting a big move later down the line
And given how hard he worked just to get a pro contract he's clearly driven so it can't be a lack of ambition. Marseille is a great ambition when you are a champ prospect but he's clearly now an elite prospect so you'd imagine ambitions would also shift accordingly

It really comes down to his patience. Is it really important to him to make that move right now? They would certainly come back in for him next summer. And there's benefits to staying another year. Experiencing the best league in the world. Having far better proposals on the table next summer should he perform well in the Prem. There's no real downside to staying for another year. But its up to him.

Marsaille are literally in the champions league the pinnacle of club football - and have been fairly consistently. Won league titles and would have 2 more recently without PSGs financial doping.

Even ignoring that it’s where he grew up. If he goes there and performs for them he could move again if he wanted too or he might be happy with a life everyone on here would dream of.
It’s not arrogance at all, I know all that about the history, stadium (which they average about 50k per game btw) etc. but you don’t really see prospects of his calibre going to the French league when they are about to play in the premier league and will have offers to play at the highest level (and compete) the year after.

The fact they can't match OUR contract offer according to Darren Smith speaks volumes about them though.
If he signs a 5 year deal at Marseille he's 28 before he moves on and will be still be unproven in a top top league.
Has a great season with us next year he will be at a level above that already and will be still 24

It’s not arrogance at all, I know all that about the history, stadium (which they average about 50k per game btw) etc. but you don’t really see prospects of his calibre going to the French league when they are about to play in the premier league and will have offers to play at the highest level (and compete) the year after.

Loads of good players play in France. It’s one of the biggest leagues in the world.

He will be playing at the highest level in the champions league. In his home country, for his home town team.

Am I supposed to think that’s significantly worse than signing for spurs and maybe going to finish 4th in the PL?

Loads of good players play in France. It’s one of the biggest leagues in the world.

He will be playing at the highest level in the champions league. In his home country, for his home town team.

Am I supposed to think that’s significantly worse than signing for spurs and maybe going to finish 4th in the PL?
Nearly sounds like you want him to go… if you think it makes sense then you do you mate. It makes no sense to me, we’ll see what he decides at the end of the day.

I'm not sure what you expect but £10 million plus a one year loan back is a very good deal for a player who will simply walk for free.
Like I said thank god we don't have people like you negotiating.

Who are you Kevin McCabe in disguise 😂

Why on earth would you think 10 million is a great deal when Gyokeres has gone for a reported 24 million 🙄

Nearly sounds like you want him to go… if you think it makes sense then you do you mate. It makes no sense to me, we’ll see what he decides at the end of the day.

Of course I don’t want him to go - I’d love him to stay - he’s the best player I’ve seen for us.

But your making it sound like he’s no ambition and no possible reason to sign for a massive club - playing at the highest level

He’s not going to some backwater. If he does leave I want us to extract every penny from them

Like I said thank god we don't have people like you negotiating.

Who are you Kevin McCabe in disguise 😂

Why on earth would you think 10 million is a great deal when Gyokeres has gone for a reported 24 million 🙄
So, we have a player who can leave at the end of the season on a free. He is not signing a new contract.

Or we could sell him for £10 million and he comes back on loan to us for a season

How is that not a good deal?

Of course I don’t want him to go - I’d love him to stay - he’s the best player I’ve seen for us.

But your making it sound like he’s no ambition and no possible reason to sign for a massive club - playing at the highest level

He’s not going to some backwater. If he does leave I want us to extract every penny from them
It’s more the fact that a player of his quality should have more ambition than Marseille is my argument. Whether Marseille are a big club in France isn’t the same as a Munich, Dortmund, Barca, City etc. Which I believe he’d quite possibly get a move to after a year in the Prem with us. Extracting every penny for me is also keeping him this season and having a seriously better chance at staying up this year and having Premier League money with a new owner who will strengthen the squad next year, not selling him for 10-20m now and most likely getting relegated. He’s the only one in our squad who makes things happen and can turn losses into draws and draws into wins.

Do people genuinely think that his career will be served better playing in a relegation dogfight for a club who are unlikely to create many chances than going to a team who win more often than not and who play in the Champion's League?

So, we have a player who can leave at the end of the season on a free. He is not signing a new contract.

Or we could sell him for £10 million and he comes back on loan to us for a season

How is that not a good deal?

Not sure where loan back to us is coming from..

Why would OM spend 10 mill to only get to utilize him the following season.

If theyre happy to wait till the following season to include him in then they can just sign him for free.

Seems like throwing 10 mill down the toilet for no actual difference.

It’s more the fact that a player of his quality should have more ambition than Marseille is my argument. Whether Marseille are a big club in France isn’t the same as a Munich, Dortmund, Barca, City etc. Which I believe he’d quite possibly get a move to after a year in the Prem with us. Extracting every penny for me is also keeping him this season and having a seriously better chance at staying up this year and having Premier League money with a new owner who will strengthen the squad next year, not selling him for 10-20m now and most likely getting relegated. He’s the only one in our squad who makes things happen and can turn losses into draws and draws into wins.

Why exactly are dortmund held in such esteem?

About the same.level imo

Why exactly are dortmund held in such esteem?

About the same.level imo
been in the champions league more than Marseille in recent years, reached the final, and as a career move they develop players really well compared to Marseille

Do you really think a player in a relegation favourite team which had a top scorer on 8 & 6 goals the last time we were in the top flight is going to get a big move? Unless he waltzes the African Nations, where he'll likely be on the bench, I can't see it. He's never played in the top flight and played about 80 pro games in his life.

he's surely better off banging them on for a top French club and in the Champions League. Do that for a couple of years and he'll get a big move.

Back
Top Bottom