If we aren’t spending this January

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we go down I feel we will keep Jags (Player / Coach), Rodwell and Bryan.
Berge - (may or may not as likes Wilder) Lets say for your argument he does we get £30-35mil
Moose - (May or may not go) Say he does, that's a lambo wage off the books plus whatever we get.
Egan - Just signed a new deal so upto £40mil if he goes, again he really loves the lads here and is becoming captain.
Baldock - If he goes Bogle would be fine in the Championship.
IMO - Verrips will be gone as Dewhurst will become number 3

All this is if we get relegated as if we stay up (as per Ian Wright's prediction) we keep who we want bar Lundstram.

Championship squad would therefore be;

GK: Rammo, Foders, Dewhurst.
RWB: Bogle / ANO
RCB: Bash, Rodwell
CB: ANO / Jags
LCB: JOC, RND, Robinson & Bryan
LWB: Stevens, Osborne, RND, Lowe.
Midfield back to Fleck and Norwood double Pivot and Didzy Attacking Mid / ANO / Luke Freeman. Also Osborne can cover.
FW: McBurnie, Burke, Didzy, Brewster, Sharp. Maybe Moose.

So we would therefore need to replace Egan (Although Robinson could play that position in the Championship) Have cover for Bogle and another midfielder.
£40 million for Egan 😳 can you come and value my house please it's a 3 bed semi on a council estate I'm hoping to get about £3.4 million as I've just decorated

Berge - (may or may not as likes Wilder) Lets say for your argument he does we get £30-35mil
Moose - (May or may not go) Say he does, that's a lambo wage off the books plus whatever we get.
Egan - Just signed a new deal so upto £40mil if he goes, again he really loves the lads here and is becoming captain.

All this is if we get relegated as if we stay up (as per Ian Wright's prediction) we keep who we want bar Lundstram.

Midfield back to Fleck and Norwood double Pivot and Didzy Attacking Mid / ANO / Luke Freeman. Also Osborne can cover.

So we would therefore need to replace Egan (Although Robinson could play that position in the Championship) Have cover for Bogle and another midfielder.

Whilst I don't like pulling other members posts apart I'm sorry but there are a few things in here that I just have to comment on.

Berge - If we get near to what we paid for him after his level of performances and the fact he'll have been injured for 3 or 4 months then I'll be happy. If we get £30-£35m for him I'll bare my arse on the town hall steps. Now don't get me wrong I think he's a good player and will probably go on to be a great player eventually in the right team that plays to his strengths but if you think his performances since he arrived (barring the period after lockdown), and his injury, mean we'll get in effect a 50% uplift in what we paid for him then please send me in the direction of your dealer.

Egan - Whilst in an ideal world your valuation of him is probably what I would say he is worth compared to others similar to him IMO there's no way on earth we get near to that for who, in effect is a kick it, block it, head it 29 year old defender with 2 years in the top flight.

What happens with them in the summer will depend on a few things.

Will the club play hard ball if their valuations of the players aren't met?
If so, will keeping them against their will benefit us or mean we are missing out on serious funds for the rebuild?
Can CW convince them their stop in the lower division is only temporary?

I think we stand a reasonable chance of keeping Egan and Baldock. I just can't see Berge, as nice and switched on as he seems, accepting playing Championship football 18 months after he was playing in the Champions League.

Lastly I really can't leave you last line without comment. Whilst I wouldn't be averse to having Robinson as backup to JOC in The Champ if you seriously think he's an option as starter instead of Egan in the middle of the back 3 then I seriously worry about your judgement.

Whilst I don't like pulling other members posts apart I'm sorry but there are a few things in here that I just have to comment on.

Berge - If we get near to what we paid for him after his level of performances and the fact he'll have been injured for 3 or 4 months then I'll be happy. If we get £30-£35m for him I'll bare my arse on the town hall steps. Now don't get me wrong I think he's a good player and will probably go on to be a great player eventually in the right team that plays to his strengths but if you think his performances since he arrived (barring the period after lockdown), and his injury, mean we'll get in effect a 50% uplift in what we paid for him then please send me in the direction of your dealer.

Egan - Whilst in an ideal world your valuation of him is probably what I would say he is worth compared to others similar to him IMO there's no way on earth we get near to that for who, in effect is a kick it, block it, head it 29 year old defender with 2 years in the top flight.

What happens with them in the summer will depend on a few things.

Will the club play hard ball if their valuations of the players aren't met?
If so, will keeping them against their will benefit us or mean we are missing out on serious funds for the rebuild?
Can CW convince them their stop in the lower division is only temporary?

I think we stand a reasonable chance of keeping Egan and Baldock. I just can't see Berge, as nice and switched on as he seems, accepting playing Championship football 18 months after he was playing in the Champions League.

Lastly I really can't leave you last line without comment. Whilst I wouldn't be averse to having Robinson as backup to JOC in The Champ if you seriously think he's an option as starter instead of Egan in the middle of the back 3 then I seriously worry about your judgement.
egan and berge are the 2 most likely to go but i would put a minimum starting price on both of them at 20m think baldock and joc will both stay at least till january but our priority this summer has to be bringing 2-3 good quality midfielders in its cost us this season not having enough quality competition in there

We aren't spending because despite about £300 million coming in during the last two seasons we are no better than the side that got us promoted

Quite a feat really, but when a club has an absolute aversion to quality, style and creativity and will do forevermore because it's fans are so brainwashed into thinking stylish players are troublemakers, the Prince has thought "Why buy any more shit"

£300m :)

In a post-COVID world there's no way we're making a profit on Berge (at least not on the initial fee) or getting half that for Egan.

It was one thing to imagine a LG1 team could do well in the Championship; another to think a Championship side could do well in the PL. We need to spend big-time next summer.

At this point we're so far behind that signing anyone is probably throwing good money after bad instead of preparing for the likely eventuality of this season. The type of player we'd need to sign would have to be ready made for the Prem, playing experience, and a clear upgrade to what we have. We haven't been able to afford those players, let alone with relegation now looming.

I've been absolutely miserable with how this season has gone, but I absolutely don't want us to start panic buying when we could at least come out of this misery with better finances than we've had in the 25 years I've been attending matches. Last time round we turned relegation to the Prem into an unmitigated disaster. We'll undoubtedly lose a few players if/when we go down and that's alright. If you look at the sides relegated last season they all lost players but they did get to hold onto some, and if Wilder's able to make even a few decent Championship signings then we already know what he can do.

Can't see us parting with any but the obvious failures and loans by the start of next season no matter where we finish, next year could be a different matter ....

It was £159 million last year
And will be £100 million + this year

Whatever the exact figures are is irrelevant........ It's a lot

And we haven't become any better

Why quote £300m then?

Do you have a link to the £159m?

Why quote £300m then?

Do you have a link to the £159m?

Aww shut up Roger Irrelevant
I said ABOUT £300 million

I've just showed at least £259 million off the top of my head from the TV rights of ONE TV company

Aww shut up Roger Irrelevant
I said ABOUT £300 million

I've just showed at least £259 million off the top of my head from the TV rights of ONE TV company

Usual bollocks then making everything look worse. If you knew it was £259m why say £300m. Are you saying Sky paid £159m?

We aren't spending because despite about £300 million coming in during the last two seasons
Bit out there .plan was 300 m more like 200 m now. And our wage bills doubled had to spend 20m on ground changes
More insurance no gate money
Massive medical cost paying for testing
20210202_180620.jpg
Call clubs having to share drop in tv income

Someone said Kean Bryan would be gone at the end of his contract. To be honest the lad appears to have improved dramatically since being drafted back into the squad and I would have thought he would be a very useful player in the Championship

Wilder blown in £100m why would prince give him anymore in championship he's good at getting freebies in football league so that is what we'll do
Dont remember anyone moaning that Wilder had blown any money he spent last season when we were 5th in table .

Mc burnie and Moussett and Berge were quite acceptable then
So it's not 100m blown is it

Bit out there .plan was 300 m more like 200 m now. And our wage bills doubled had to spend 20m on ground changes
More insurance no gate money
Massive medical cost paying for testing
View attachment 104583
Call clubs having to share drop in tv income

We don't need a run down on where it's gone, we already know.

Anywhere but quality footballers as usual

Usual bollocks then making everything look worse. If you knew it was £259m why say £300m. Are you saying Sky paid £159m?
That was our share last year for finishing ninth.

From one source, Sky TV

Back
Top Bottom