If we aren’t spending this January

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladezz

Reaction score
I have seen a few on here saying don’t spend as we can save the money for next season. Which to me sounds ridiculous.... but anyway.

So if we don’t spend in this window we must be spending a lot in the summer?

Cannot see it myself.

I don’t think we need to spend much this summer.We have a brilliant squad for the championship.Maybe bulk the midfield up a little and get solid cover for JOC.

We were only every due to get two loan signings anyway and thats been squashed whether it be wages or no one wants to come to us in our situation. (Bog off Jesse Lingard!)

We will be fine, one thing for me is that a lot of prem teams will have admired how we play, and how Chris manages the team, we are now a very attractive proposition for the big clubs to loan their better players to us, this and 2/3 signings and we will have a more than capable squad for a top 2 finish in the championship next season

I don’t think we need to spend much this summer.We have a brilliant squad for the championship.Maybe bulk the midfield up a little and get solid cover for JOC.
We didn't bring anybody in when JOC was out for the season, so I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

I have seen a few on here saying don’t spend as we can save the money for next season. Which to me sounds ridiculous.... but anyway.

Cannot see it myself.

we won’t be spending big next season.

Our revenue will probably decrease by 60-70% from what it is today.

there probably still won’t be fans in the stadium.

Thats why not spending 3.5m or whatever on lingaard makes sense, unpalatable though it is. The cost of his loan would would be around 5-10% or our TOTAL revenue next season, and it would/could pay for a couple of players on 30k a week for the entire season. Good players who could contribute next season.

We wont have the PL gravy train anymore. Our only hope is we might be able to pick up some bargains from other struggling lower league clubs with the parashoot payments

I think the problem will be keeping players. Berge, Egan, Baldock in particular will attract premier league interest and as they will be on relegation wage reductions, they will probably push for a move

Cannot see it myself.
This was a good post

We aren't spending because despite about £300 million coming in during the last two seasons we are no better than the side that got us promoted

Quite a feat really, but when a club has an absolute aversion to quality, style and creativity and will do forevermore because it's fans are so brainwashed into thinking stylish players are troublemakers, the Prince has thought "Why buy any more shit"

I think we'll spend in the summer but how much will depend on who departs IMO.

We'll lose the following as either OOC or end of loan:

Moore
Jags
Rodwell
Ampadu
Bryan

IMHO the following will be sold for various reasons:

Berge - No way he'll want to play in The Champ although after his injury will he have suitors prepared to offer what we'd accept and would we play hard ball?
Moose - We'll cut our losses and accept it was a gamble that hasn't paid off.
Egan - Should have lower half Prem interest or possibly one of the promoted sides.
Baldock - See above.

This would leave us with:

GK: Rambo, Foderingham, Verrips.
RWB: Bogle.
RCB: Bash.
CB:
LCB: JOC, Robinson.
LWB: Stevens, Osborne, RND, Lowe.
RM:
CM: Norwood.
LM: Fleck.
FW: McBurnie, Burke, Didzy, Brewster, Sharp.

It'll not only be an interesting summer but the club will massively have to have an eye on the following 2 TW's afterwards as well as just this summer as if we were to go straight back up we'll just have the same issue as we've had this season but some of the players will be 2 years older. Any business needs to be with one eye on that.

The above would leave us with 18 senior players but the squad is so lopsided if we are going to continue with the 352 or 3412 it's actually quite frightening. We would need as an absolute minimum.

2 x CB's - One starter and one back up.
1 x RWB - Back up.
3 x MF's - 2 x RM's/AMF's and a Norwood replacement or back up.

...and then what ? Go into the Premiership with the same group but 18 months older ?
Surely the next two windows are to be used to build a group not only capable of promotion but then of staying in the top league for more than two seasons

Moore
Jags
Rodwell
Ampadu
Bryan

Berge - No way he'll want to play in The Champ although after his injury will he have suitors prepared to offer what we'd accept and would we play hard ball?
Egan - Should have lower half Prem interest or possibly one of the promoted sides.
Baldock - See above.

CB:
RM:

It'll not only be an interesting summer but the club will massively have to have an eye on the following 2 TW's afterwards as well as just this summer as if we were to go straight back up we'll just have the same issue as we've had this season but some of the players will be 2 years older. Any business needs to be with one eye on that.

The above would leave us with 18 senior players but the squad is so lopsided if we are going to continue with the 352 or 3412 it's actually quite frightening. We would need as an absolute minimum.

1 x RWB - Back up.

If we go down I feel we will keep Jags (Player / Coach), Rodwell and Bryan.
Berge - (may or may not as likes Wilder) Lets say for your argument he does we get £30-35mil
Moose - (May or may not go) Say he does, that's a lambo wage off the books plus whatever we get.
Egan - Just signed a new deal so upto £40mil if he goes, again he really loves the lads here and is becoming captain.
Baldock - If he goes Bogle would be fine in the Championship.
IMO - Verrips will be gone as Dewhurst will become number 3

All this is if we get relegated as if we stay up (as per Ian Wright's prediction) we keep who we want bar Lundstram.

Championship squad would therefore be;

GK: Rammo, Foders, Dewhurst.
RWB: Bogle / ANO
RCB: Bash, Rodwell
CB: ANO / Jags
LCB: JOC, RND, Robinson & Bryan
Midfield back to Fleck and Norwood double Pivot and Didzy Attacking Mid / ANO / Luke Freeman. Also Osborne can cover.
FW: McBurnie, Burke, Didzy, Brewster, Sharp. Maybe Moose.

So we would therefore need to replace Egan (Although Robinson could play that position in the Championship) Have cover for Bogle and another midfielder.

Wilder blown in £100m why would prince give him anymore in championship he's good at getting freebies in football league so that is what we'll do

Moore
Jags
Rodwell
Ampadu
Bryan

Baldock - See above.

CB:
RM:

1 x RWB - Back up.
Good assessment and I think you will be pretty accurate. It's quite a rebuilding job and why I reckon mid table is where we'll finish.

It would have been crackers to have brought in players during this window on PL wages so that we could desperately attempt to ship them out again in June.

If our Transfer Committee (which I believe is just one bloke) has any sense it should have been planning for next season for the last two months.

Back
Top Bottom