If the PL season started in 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

that table just shows our issue, 0 draws, we are all or nothing this season, we havent been as bad overall as we think we have because you look at how WBA & Fulham have been made out to be superior team than us but we have more wins than both until last night we had only won 2 less than brighton.

losing when we should drawn or even won as relegated us because when look at the results upto christmas, we chucked away 11 - 15 pts

Looking closer to home.

Ramsdale played a huge part in our relegation despite his post Christmas form.

We’ve drawn twice all season. That’s very unusual, even for relegated teams. And a lot of the defeats were by 1 goal.
Well another 1-0 defeat. Lets examine that against your submission that 1-0 defeats have sent us down and that " Ramsdale played a huge part in our relegation." ( Your words.) Are you blaming him for last night's loss.? Didn't think so. Could have been 2 or 3 goals against us without him.
Ok a forensic look at your other point..." we've drawn twice all season." A look at the League table shows the majority of clubs have drawn matches in the range 7 to 9 times. If we had drawn another 7 times instead of losing we would have 27 points. AND still be relegated.

Revised your opinion yet.?

Looking closer to home.

Ramsdale played a huge part in our relegation despite his post Christmas form.

We’ve drawn twice all season. That’s very unusual, even for relegated teams. And a lot of the defeats were by 1 goal.
Well another 1-0 defeat. Lets examine that against your submission that 1-0 defeats have sent us down and that " Ramsdale played a huge part in our relegation." ( Your words.) Are you blaming him for last night's loss.? Didn't think so. Could have been 2 or 3 goals against us without him.
Ok a forensic look at your other point..." we've drawn twice all season." A look at the League table shows the majority of clubs have drawn matches in the range 7 to 9 times. If we had drawn another 7 times instead of losing we would have 27 points. AND still be relegated.

Revised your opinion yet.?

Ok, I can see by you revisiting this that it really bothered you. But I won’t be addressing you after every game.

This part isn’t my opinion. It’s a cold hard fact and was a simple observation.

And, furthermore, it in no way relates to the other part, as I’ve previously stated. The sooner you stop linking the two the less confusing this may be for you.

This part is my opinion. And no, no revisions shall be made. The opinion was formed based solely on Ramsdale’s poor first half of season (the 2020 part). The thread discusses the season in two halves. We were effectively down at the half way point, hence the forming of the opinion that Ramsdale played a huge part.

Also, I am not of the opinion that 1-0 defeats have sent us down and nowhere have I stated that. It’s quite difficult debating something when the other party has convinced themselves of falsities.

Well look ISIS- you make three or four statements,
1 We've drawn 2 games, you say this is unusual. OK I agree, what conclusion should we draw from that.?

2 We've lost by 1-0 .a lot of times. Yes we have- conclusion ?

3 Rammers played a huge part ...etc..... Absolute Bollocks

Can't blame the Prince for not letting Wilder go and then blame the Prince for letting Wilder go.

100% of Blades would have made the same decision to not accept his resignation if it was before Christmas.

I said at the time, before we beat Newcastle, that he had grounds to sack him, and with the benefit of hindsight, I think that may have been wise, as you'd imagine we'd have had a good chance of getting someone to take over at that point and weren't as far gone, but you can fully understand why he didn't and tried to hold on to him.

Its an impossible hypothesis that only works with the benefit of hindsight.

Across the fan base Wilder had hands down unanimous support at the turn of the calendar year. To see it through even if it meant relegation. Had the Prince let him go in December we would have all been up in arms you know it. So it is absolutely pointless looking back and thinking what might have been had the Prince done different.

Back
Top Bottom