If not Wilder, who?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pedro's Winger

Reaction score
Well-run clubs tend to go in for a bit of successor planning but obviously that's not us.
So, if it's not Wilder, then who?
Looks like Monty might have some potential but too early.
Robins now struggling with the loss of his best players (sounds familiar).
Rosenior seems to be doing quite well but still short of experience.
Is there anyone out there who might fit the bill?

Well-run clubs tend to go in for a bit of successor planning but obviously that's not us.

Tin hat on, but Pigs have got the best candidate.

Tin hat on, but Pigs have got the best candidate.
I know a few people who work over there. Granted they're comparing him to xisco who by all accounts was abysmal. But they say he's very good. Strange appointment though considering the age and profile of Wednesday's squad to hire a high counter pressing manager

When we start losing to Burnley, Luton, Bournemouth and even Wolves…That’s the time to get rid.

Disagree.....if we lose to these teams but play really well, with open attacking entertaining football, showing desire and effort, then Hecky stays.

However if we start in damage limitation mode with all our players back in defence, so it becomes like an attack v defence training exercise.
We park the bus defending really well, then have a rare venture into the opposition half. Jack Robinson has a thrown-in launching it into their box causing confusion, there's a bit of a goal mouth scramble but we bundle it into the net winning 1-0, then for me Hecky would still need sacking.

If we want a proficient manager for the future then it's not about winning...it's the way you win.
Also it shouldn't be about losing...but the way you lose. Always say "performances are an indicator towards future results".

It's a great debate and obvious that we need to get it spot on as this is such an important time for our future. Not sure going back is a great idea. Do we try a young up and comer like Rosenior? Do we try previous prem experience like Hasenhuttl? I don't know what the answer is but I don't want us to hire and fire every season. The club needs stability and the next appointment is vital.

No one.

We’ve had the hardest start of all teams and we’ve a full squad of injured players.

There’s literally no point in wasting money on a new management team right now.
Carrying on like this is sucking the lifeblood out of the club.
Once you start devaluing the point of turning up (fans and players) you're in dangerous territory longer-term.

BalticBlade , Rifleman and T-Blade say Wilder is coming back very soon!

Sadly, I think our options are very limited. I can't see any decent manager want to come here at the moment, without a connectionto the club. Our reputation is shot. I would love a Carrick or someone like that but that's beyond hope imo. So we will be left with Warnock as caretaker or Wider. Monty wouldn't come yet and he still has to prove himself at Hibs. But either Wilder or Warnock will bring better organisation, passing, fitness and fight to what is a club on its knees. The real danger is PA just sticks with it as is and we go down in history.

Not saying we should sack Hecky
but i like the look of Rotherhams manager [ written before the swillboro match]
he did a good job at his previous club too

Press speculation was that Wilder was leading contender in a short-list of three. Who the other two are would be interesting, if true. Maybe some left-field foreign appointments?

Hecky has been dealt a crap hand, that's for sure, but the long list of injuries, supposedly down to the way we are training, needs rectifying ASAP.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

The obvious answer is Big Sam
Hi, Shorehamview here. No, not that one.

If the answer is Big Sam then what’s the question?

Who can we hire for a massive contract plus the option of a big fuck-off bonus that he will spend on pints of wine?
Who’s currently swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck and is similarly relevant to modern football management?
Who’s an ex-manager that's out of work and would even sink low enough to manage the German team from Escape To Victory if the money was offered?

Ah yes, Big Sam. Brilliant.

Who can we hire for a massive contract plus the option of a big fuck-off bonus that he will spend on pints of wine?
Who’s currently swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck and is similarly relevant to modern football management?
Who’s an ex-manager that's out of work and would even sink low enough to manage the German team from Escape To Victory if the money was offered?
I thought you were going to say 'Shaft'...
Can ya dig it!

There's an embarrassment of rich talent out there desperate to take on the challenge!

Obviously not. Wilder isn't the answer. Not at all and it hurts me that he's even being mentioned. If he does, then I'm done with us for a good while. Unfortunately I can't even suggest an alternative it's that dire a situation.

Disagree.....if we lose to these teams but play really well, with open attacking entertaining football, showing desire and effort, then Hecky stays.

However if we start in damage limitation mode with all our players back in defence, so it becomes like an attack v defence training exercise.
We park the bus defending really well, then have a rare venture into the opposition half. Jack Robinson has a thrown-in launching it into their box causing confusion, there's a bit of a goal mouth scramble but we bundle it into the net winning 1-0, then for me Hecky would still need sacking.

If we want a proficient manager for the future then it's not about winning...it's the way you win.
Also it shouldn't be about losing...but the way you lose. Always say "performances are an indicator towards future results".
Ok, Iet me change that. If we go into these so called winnable games with the same unadventurous mindset…It’ll should be, taxi for Hecky.

Press speculation was that Wilder was leading contender in a short-list of three. Who the other two are would be interesting, if true. Maybe some left-field foreign appointments?

Hecky has been dealt a crap hand, that's for sure, but the long list of injuries, supposedly down to the way we are training, needs rectifying ASAP.
It was suggested on here that Dean Smith (gasp) , and someone from Spain were in contention.

If true or not is another question . Guess we will find out soon enough .

Back
Top Bottom