If not Wilder, who?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That’s the ‘even Wolves’ who drew 2-2 with Newcastle yesterday and were apparently unlucky not to win. Next week, and 3 of the next 4 games, are huge for us but let’s not kid ourselves that Wolves are going to be pushovers.
Yes, the “even Wolves” is implying they aren’t relegation material.

Am i stupid to say Neil Warnock, albeit at championship he succeeded at impossible jobs. quite a few times, Rotherham & Huddersfield last season come to mind
No,Sheff_Blade,you're not stupid to say Neil Warnock,it's a nothing to lose choice,he has a history of rescuing sinking ships,which is what we are.Never mind that he can't cut it in the P.L,he gets teams to smarten up and get stuck in,bring him on.🤗

No,Sheff_Blade,you're not stupid to say Neil Warnock,it's a nothing to lose choice,he has a history of rescuing sinking ships,which is what we are.Never mind that he can't cut it in the P.L,he gets teams to smarten up and get stuck in,bring him on.🤗
I think we need a ‘holding’ manager between now and the end of the season. Don’t think we can go long term as we in no position to be doing any kind of forward planning - we just need a firefight in the short term. A long term manager would just be dragged into losing pattern and we would end up with the new man under pressure not long into next year if a less than amazing start is made in the championship. Mental though I think it is in some ways (and I really am not a fan of the person) Warnock might actually be the best option. Which is a weird thing to type!

I think we need a ‘holding’ manager between now and the end of the season. Don’t think we can go long term as we in no position to be doing any kind of forward planning - we just need a firefight in the short term. A long term manager would just be dragged into losing pattern and we would end up with the new man under pressure not long into next year if a less than amazing start is made in the championship. Mental though I think it is in some ways (and I really am not a fan of the person) Warnock might actually be the best option. Which is a weird thing to type!
Been saying that regarding Colin when the downward spiral became a reality.Just till season's end,then look further afield in t'championship.

Been saying that regarding Colin when the downward spiral became a reality.Just till season's end,then look further afield in t'championship.
Another "weird " thing to type,Nigel Pearson. Before shoes are off in de carpark,he knows the Championship well,maybe an X grunter but that wouldn't bother me,same as Danny Wilson didn't,they are all professionals.

When you, of all posters, refer to something as “utter crap” it usually means that whatever it was is spot on.

He has admitted he hasn’t got the funds to sustain a club in the PL. I have said that he needs to sell. You have, as usual, responded in a way that is utter crap.
Yeah ok.

No one.

We’ve had the hardest start of all teams and we’ve a full squad of injured players.

There’s literally no point in wasting money on a new management team right now.

Well your first part is arguable, certainly not been the easiest. If the second part is due to the management team, maybe that says something should be done about the management team?

Hate to say it but a great appointment. After winning today who knows, they could stay up if he can work his magic.

Then rebuild in the summer.

For the first time since the 90s they could be into something. Unlike us.

Genuinely not sure how anyone can come to that conclusion after 1 win in 3, against another team in the bottom 3.

We'll see though.

Well-run clubs tend to go in for a bit of successor planning but obviously that's not us.
So, if it's not Wilder, then who?
Looks like Monty might have some potential but too early.
Robins now struggling with the loss of his best players (sounds familiar).
Rosenior seems to be doing quite well but still short of experience.
Is there anyone out there who might fit the bill?
Pedro, I have the answer you are all looking for, it is HECKY, he's the man, once we have a few I injured players back we will storm up this league.

Hi, Shorehamview here. No, not that one.

If the answer is Big Sam then what’s the question?

Who can we hire for a massive contract plus the option of a big fuck-off bonus that he will spend on pints of wine?
Who’s currently swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck and is similarly relevant to modern football management?
Who’s an ex-manager that's out of work and would even sink low enough to manage the German team from Escape To Victory if the money was offered?

Ah yes, Big Sam. Brilliant.
Big Sam only thinks of the £££££££££££s he would get. Sacked by England for funny goings off. Sam not for me!!!

““Never mind that he can't cut it in the P.L,”

Err……

Another "weird " thing to type,Nigel Pearson. Before shoes are off in de carpark,he knows the Championship well,maybe an X grunter but that wouldn't bother me,same as Danny Wilson didn't,they are all professionals.
Yeah, but even if he wasn’t a bang average pig. He’s gone on record saying he wouldn’t manage a club in this area, including the pigs themselves.

No one.

We’ve had the hardest start of all teams and we’ve a full squad of injured players.

There’s literally no point in wasting money on a new management team right now.
Played Palace, Forest and Everton in the first 4 games. Wouldn’t call that “the hardest start of all teams” 😂. Sure, we made it hard ourselves. But 3 very winnable games on paper when the fixtures came out

Played Palace, Forest and Everton in the first 4 games. Wouldn’t call that “the hardest start of all teams” 😂. Sure, we made it hard ourselves. But 3 very winnable games on paper when the fixtures came out

I’ll just leave this here…

313E5ACF-D530-458A-AE3F-89F35D5D287C.jpeg

I’ll just leave this here…

View attachment 173823
I mean this is quite telling however the fact we haven’t picked a few points here and there even at least 5 during the first 10 games mean that when we do play the lower half teams the pressure is massively on to get 3 points from them and it seems we crack under pressure… I really can’t see us beating the likes of Luton and Burnley at home at the moment, Luton are well drilled and Burnley even though shot at the back we don’t attack so can’t see any points there too.

I mean this is quite telling however the fact we haven’t picked a few points here and there even at least 5 during the first 10 games mean that when we do play the lower half teams the pressure is massively on to get 3 points from them and it seems we crack under pressure… I really can’t see us beating the likes of Luton and Burnley at home at the moment, Luton are well drilled and Burnley even though shot at the back we don’t attack so can’t see any points there too.

The point is that it’s a bit a shit show when looked at in detail.

You’re right, we should’ve picked up some points (Palace, Everton, Forest) but we’ve written off two of those due to being massively underprepared.

My point is that we’ve had numerous issues AND the hardest start, so it becomes the perfect storm for our current situation.

No new management team improves the injuries or points already lost.

Utter crap. He’s a chancer who fed the BS. Mcabe fed the BS. Both exactly the same breed. He should just sell up for 70 million and admit he just hasn’t got any funds to run a successful football team.
This. Buying a football club that hopes one day to compete in the PL requires massive cash reserves to build an organisation capable of surviving and growing to the point of being viable.
What we have is an owner who, apparently, thought he could compete in Formula 1 just because he had the cash to buy a car.

Hope you put an expensive stamp on him that sends him way beyond the realms of Bramall Lane😜
Dont think anything will happen on the managerial front just yet. My point was even if he was considered,ex pig would not matter to me,we want the best man for the job,whoever he played for and managed.

Back
Top Bottom