If he doesn’t take Sharp off..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

7 goals from open play in his 62 appearances suggest he isn’t “still banging them in”

Im not saying he isn’t an instinctive finisher however this season he has missed multiple sitters so he is losing that which is his best quality

where's the 62 appearances come from.

judge him on the Championship this season - how on earth a forward could be judged on some of our abject performances 2nd half of the 1st PL season and all of last season is just being objectionable for the purpose of being objectionable.

UTB

7 goals in his last 62 appearances from open play for us

So he isn’t knocking goals that’s a very poor record for a striker
Let’s discount penalties then to suit your argument. Open play, free kicks, pens or even direct from a corner ala Woody. Goals are goals daft lad

df2dffc116e36e93ef526cc9ed7a4598.gif
That is funny !

Billy sharp scores goals

When you say scores goals do you mean 1 in every 5 games 😄

or 7 in his last 60 from open play

Blades legend love the guy , want to build a team for the future more than I want billy sharp to start though 😀
Goals, goals and more goals he doesn't discriminate whether it's a pen, or open play he just scores, it's what he does.

He got a few likes for it, including from, er…. Greenwich Blade 🙂
Mine was a Ha-Ha for the sheer entertainment value!

Sharp was utter bobar in the first half the majority on here agreed with that a tap in doesn't change that

Didzy made that red card not sharp it was 50/50 whether he got the ball or not anyway

If thats moose or brewster on the end of that there clean through because they don't run through treacle like sharp

Well done Billy on the goal thats 4 goals in open play from 20 appearances hopefully brewster is back next week

Anyone playing the Pig card I went to yeovil away in the play offs in league one and have 50 thousand loyalty points so dont @ me if you have any less

Theres no bigger blade than me seth
No bigger nobhead either.

If he went on a run of scoring like the season we went up then fair play to him however he needs 2 sitters to score one unlike the promotion season when he was lethal

What I will say is he is a much better striker in a two at the moment that is mcgoldrick +1

Brewster may have a long term injury so it will likely be sharp and didz which I can deal with

Any striker who plays with MGW/DIDZ/BOGLE supplying them will get plenty of chances

I’d go with didz/Mcburnie if Brewster is injured
Where was the two sitters today ?

Just seen lewondowski miss a sitter for Bayern , is he crap ?

Not that long ago, most fans were concerned about our poor chance creation, especially considering the high % of possession.
Now we are creating plenty of chances, it’s still important to have strikers who can finish. That includes Sharp, Brewster, Didzy, Moose and even Jebbo.
Even I can’t include McBurnie after his crap attitude yesterday.
Doesn’t matter who scores from those chances, and hopefully it will click one day and some other team will get a serious drubbing.
It’s only a problem if we create a hatful of chances and we lose, and the manager can’t deal with it.

If Hecky gets his wish for two players in every position, that’s 4 strikers to stay on the books. Right now that’s Sharp, McGoldrick, Brewster plus A.N. Other? Does the owner want financial savings by the end of JTW, or is he prepared to wait until the summer

If we <dream mode on> go up, his job gets much harder. <dream mode off> :)

Edited to add: it’s always good when others chip in with a few goals as well.

Sharp was utter bobar in the first half the majority on here agreed with that a tap in doesn't change that

Didzy made that red card not sharp it was 50/50 whether he got the ball or not anyway

If thats moose or brewster on the end of that there clean through because they don't run through treacle like sharp

Well done Billy on the goal thats 4 goals in open play from 20 appearances hopefully brewster is back next week

Anyone playing the Pig card I went to yeovil away in the play offs in league one and have 50 thousand loyalty points so dont @ me if you have any less

Theres no bigger blade than me seth
If youve got 50000 points how have you missed Billys 200 other tap ins ?

7 goals in his last 62 appearances from open play for us

So he isn’t knocking goals that’s a very poor record for a striker
I’m impressed you have time for all this posting.

I assumed you’d be busy helping to arrange the party to celebrate the first anniversary of McBurnie’s last League goal…

how on earth a forward could be judged on some of our abject performances 2nd half of the 1st PL season
being objectionable for the purpose of being objectionable.

UTB

Hang on . How many abject performances are we claiming there

Yes the last 4 were poor and a let down
But the rest were overall pretty magical

Best season ever in the prem. Fact

7 goals from open play in his 62 appearances suggest he isn’t “still banging them in”

Im not saying he isn’t an instinctive finisher however this season he has missed multiple sitters so he is losing that which is his best quality
Why are you selecting 62 as the magic number? Is it because 90% of those were in the Premier League? Can you provide some balance with goals scored for our other players in the last 62 appearances?

Sharp 343 appearances and 120 goals = 0.34 goals a game

Mcburnie 71 appearances 31 goals = 0.44 goals a game

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Mc Burnie has 71 appearances for us and seven goals. That's 0.1 goals per game. How many did your man score yesterday?

Last edited:
Sharp 343 appearances and 120 goals = 0.34 goals a game

Mcburnie 71 appearances 31 goals = 0.44 goals a game

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

You’re right in a few senses. At Championship level, McBurnie does have a better goal scoring record than Billy. The counter argument would be: not for us. He’s done very very little with his minutes (413 of them) so far this season. His Championship stats prior to joining us are encouraging, though, and I hope he gets the chance to prove his worth.

And you’re right that Billy has been underperforming goals-wise this season. His xG is 8.6 and he’s got 6. We’ve all seen him miss chances that we would have expected him to score. I’d say he’s overperformed in other areas, though, such as his assists, some of his all-round play, and what he brings to the club.

I think when you come on here with your hilarious “Barndoor Bill”, though, you’re rightly and deservedly not going to get your opinions taken seriously.

No matter how much we all love Billy we do need to replace him shortly as there is no cure for father time.

His experience. Is carrying him just now and may do for another year but the odds are slowly moving to the defenders in any race.
His one on one races are already photo finishes whereas he used to be a nose in front.

You’re right in a few senses. At Championship level, McBurnie does have a better goal scoring record than Billy. The counter argument would be: not for us. He’s done very very little with his minutes (413 of them) so far this season. His Championship stats prior to joining us are encouraging, though, and I hope he gets the chance to prove his worth.

And you’re right that Billy has been underperforming goals-wise this season. His xG is 8.6 and he’s got 6. We’ve all seen him miss chances that we would have expected him to score. I’d say he’s overperformed in other areas, though, such as his assists, some of his all-round play, and what he brings to the club.

I think when you come on here with your hilarious “Barndoor Bill”, though, you’re rightly and deservedly not going to get your opinions taken seriously.

I said barndoor billy in response to his first half performance of which he missed two sitters of which he has missed quite a few this

Mcburnie as like Brewster as like bogle cannot show anything as he has been sat on the bench so it is unfair to judge him

Mcburnie did relatively well for the way we played him in the premier league I don’t know whether people have short memories but I can remember him bullying plenty of defences in the premier league Liverpool away

Mcburnie is a top striker at this level as Sharp has been in the past however he is 36 and we shouldn’t be playing players ahead of players who we can possibly build a team around

If as a club we’d rather play sharp then mcburnie then that’s a waste and £15 million down the drain

I said barndoor billy in response to his first half performance of which he missed two sitters of which he has missed quite a few this

Mcburnie as like Brewster as like bogle cannot show anything as he has been sat on the bench so it is unfair to judge him

Mcburnie did relatively well for the way we played him in the premier league I don’t know whether people have short memories but I can remember him bullying plenty of defences in the premier league Liverpool away

Mcburnie is a top striker at this level as Sharp has been in the past however he is 36 and we shouldn’t be playing players ahead of players who we can possibly build a team around

If as a club we’d rather play sharp then mcburnie then that’s a waste and £15 million down the drain
Well yes, it was a waste.

I’ve been one of the first to stick up for McBurnie but the stats speak for themselves.

No doubt you’ll say that he’s not getting any chances, which is true, but then you’d have to ask why he’s not able to displace ‘barn door bill’...

Well yes, it was a waste.

I’ve been one of the first to stick up for McBurnie but the stats speak for themselves.

No doubt you’ll say that he’s not getting any chances, which is true, but then you’d have to ask why he’s not able to displace ‘barn door bill’...

He’s been injured for a long while he broke his foot end of last season and was out for a while this season

Time will tell if he gets a run in the team and does nothing then fair shakes and get rid

I just find it mad that we have signed all these players for so much money and we are just writing them off with no proper run in the team such as bogle/Brewster/Mcburnie

I think Slavs stubbornness at not playing those players played a large part in his sacking

Back
Top Bottom