If he doesn’t take Sharp off..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bogle/Brewster

Bogle has played for a while now - believe Baldock is out of contract at the end of this season and although he's been injured recently, if he's indicated that he won't sign another contract then Bogle should be no:1 from now on.

Brewster may have just played on Saturday v Cardiff if not injured - he'll get more chances under Hecky and at least shows the correct attitude which is why the fans have stayed with him as Brewster commented on recently.

McB? - enough said on this thread already - do you want a spade to keep digging the McB hole bigger? because if you do the thread won't get any better for McB. Even his most staunchest of fans have gone now.

UTB

Bogle has played for a while now - believe Baldock is out of contract at the end of this season and although he's been injured recently, if he's indicated that he won't sign another contract then Bogle should be no:1 from now on.

Brewster may have just played on Saturday v Cardiff if not injured - he'll get more chances under Hecky and at least shows the correct attitude which is why the fans have stayed with him as Brewster commented on recently.

McB? - enough said on this thread already - do you want a spade to keep digging the McB hole bigger? because if you do the thread won't get any better for McB. Even his most staunchest of fans have gone now.

UTB
Not quite everyone Fulwood…I’m still hoping McB will come good!

UTB

Baldock has a contract till 2024 he is a top defensive right back and I would sell if we got a good offer as we cant afford to have a valuable asset depreciating on the bench like Baldock

Got to stick with Bogle he could be a star IMO a proper attacking right back who has it all IMO

People were saying the exact same about Brewster 2 weeks ago and are people who are uncappable of having an objective opinion on a player

Digging a hole ? Im just saying i rate him as a player and he is more than good enough to start for us every week however injuries and Slavs refusal to play anyone but Sharp as a NO9 have hampered him

Not quite everyone Fulwood…I’m still hoping McB will come good!

I applaud your faith.

I would also welcome McB coming good - i'm not one that wants any Blade player to suffer the sort of comments some of our players receive, but McB has been given more than a few chances to come up with the goods (and I include Moose in that context too). He may just be one that needs a change of club - more of a settled club than what we've been in the past couple of years. If he's got any sense he should put the feelers out at Swansea - he was loved down there and perhaps that's where his heart is. Perhaps "once a Jack, always a jack" is finding hard for him to let go of.

He would go with my best wishes, but i'd also be his taxi driver if needed. ;) He's not helping himself or our club as things are now, lets hope some good comes out of it somewhere.

UTB

I applaud your faith.

I would also welcome McB coming good - i'm not one that wants any Blade player to suffer the sort of comments some of our players receive, but McB has been given more than a few chances to come up with the goods (and I include Moose in that context too). He may just be one that needs a change of club - more of a settled club than what we've been in the past couple of years. If he's got any sense he should put the feelers out at Swansea - he was loved down there and perhaps that's where his heart is. Perhaps "once a Jack, always a jack" is finding hard for him to let go of.

He would go with my best wishes, but i'd also be his taxi driver if needed. ;) He's not helping himself or our club as things are now, lets hope some good comes out of it somewhere.

UTB

"McB has been given more than a few chances to come up with the goods"

Started 3 games all season and once upfront as a striker

You could argue he was our best striker in the first season in the prem along with Didz also

You could argue he was our best striker in the first season in the prem along with Didz also
Billy 6 in 41 prem games Mcburnie 7 in 59

The only thing i'd argue about McB is that:

Of all the strikers I've ever seen at United, and that has been at every level and by level, seeing as there's been changes to all the division names over the decades, I'll call them Tier 1, 2, 3 & 4 - I'd say he qualifies (IMHO) as one of, if not the worst striker I've seen in a R&W shirt, at whatever level we've played at. Of course, there has been much worse in tier 4, but that's not the point for me.

He doesn't run properly - he ambles about like bambi - he doesn't close down, he ambles across, as for passing, his timing of a football pass is atrocious. There is virtually zero timing of a ball when in a goal scoring position. You've put me in spot I didn't really want to be in, but your persistence has paid off.

He's bloody useless - an opinion shared by many neutral fans who I specifically ask, and I ask because for me I've always thought he was useless and his lack of striking prowess has seriously contributed to where we are now as a football club. Do I blame McB for all that? No, only some (and other players too), I blame a lot on CW and whoever was responsible for wanting him in the first place. You can't find a single Scottish fan (even Rangers) who thinks he's any good. There are no neutral fans, and I am talking about fans of football who love the game and love to chat/talk about it, who in any way shape or form, rates him as a footballer - not one. Nearly every one thinks Swansea had our pants down with what we paid, but well done to them for holding out until we caved in.

I have just broken off to ask a Man U fan about McB who is presently sitting opposite me to describe McB in a few words. "shit and that's being generous" was the answer. It's what neutral fans say.

OK - having written that, I would gladly eat any amount of humble pie if McB suddenly came good. Genuinely want every player at United to succeed - but it's all about the team for me - not really bothered about who plays as long as we get 100% every game.

I hope that clears it up a bit - but please, spare me any more about McB - it's a tiresome subject now. We are moving on as a club with Hecky et al in charge and hopefully for some of us, it does not include McB.

UTB

A shudder went down my back when the realisation hit me that CW had brought 2 Scottish International strikers into the club, and we were going to use them in a Premier league campaign.

Back
Top Bottom