If Butland gets in the next England squad over Hendo..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Southgate can fuck off. Just watched highlights and Butland has had a shite season last season in Championship, and started this one by buttering his gloves.

Henderson on the other hand kept the most clean sheets, most saves made last season, got in the team of the year etc etc....

On a serious note I would love for someone to tell me 2 English goalkeepers currently better than Hendo over the last 12months, apart from Pickford, as England normally ave 3 in their squad.

Your options are.....
  • Tom Heaton - Burnley
  • Joe Hart - Burnley
  • Dean Henderson - Sheffield United
  • Marcus Bettinelli - Fulham
  • Alex McCarthy - Southampton
  • Angus Gunn - Southampton

On a serious note the problem is our defence is that fucking good hendo stands their looking pretty, we all know how good he is but Southgate is not seeing him doing a lot , mind you that might change when we play the top 6 teams !!

If Butland is anywhere near then it's a swiz and he ought to retire immediately. Same goes if Joe Bastard Hart is there.

Nick Pope might be on the list now, and Heaton is at Villa now letting an average of 2.5 goals a game in so far.

Don't rate Gunn at all, after seeing Bournemouth a couple of times now is put Ramsdale above Gunn, and Ramsdale had a good preseason too apparently.

Butlands been told by Southgate he won't get picked while he's in the championship regardless of how well he's playing in fact I think it's contributed to his poor performances

The 4 keepers vying for a squad place are Pickford pope Henderson and Gunn
So we should see deano getting called up in the next squad as he was slightly ahead of Gunn for the under twenty ones

It will be Pickford, Pope and Heaton.
Southgate is very loyal and, as those 3 haven’t really done much wrong and Henderson hasn’t done enough to dislodge them, he will go with them

Pickford and Pope obviously. Would probably say Henderson has a chance of a call up after them too, but didn’t have a great u21s championship did he? Can still see him getting the nod though as it seems like the thing Southgate would do.

Well Southgate was at the Palace game and probably had an eye on Henderson. He didn’t have much to do but did his job and kept a clean sheet, so won’t have harmed his chances.

Is there any point in picking Heaton as third choice given his age? Might as well get Henderson in there, give him the experience of being part of the senior squad.

The GK position for England is the weakest it has been for years....Pickford isn't brilliant but he isn't being pushed at all by anyone else!

I agree Hendo should be ahead of Butland but lets not forget he didn't cover himself in glory at the U21 Euros this summer. Unless one of the others really comes to the fore Hendo must be a shoe-in for a place at the full Euros next Summer, especially if he has a good season with us.

I have no issue with people called Bamidele and Raheem in the England squad but putting someone called Angus in crosses the line.

Apparently he's set to declare for the sweaties though (his dad Bryan was born near John O'Groats).

Hendo or riot.

Butland won’t even get in Stoke team against Weeds never mind England, his ship has well and truly sailed, valued at 25m😂

Have to admit, I still don’t feel entirely confident in Henderson in goal. I’m very happy to have him, and as most keepers do I think he’ll get better with experience. But I think it’d be a pretty big indictment of England’s lack of ‘keeping options if he was in the squad IMO.

Pickford, Pope and Heaton for me as the top three right now.

Pickford and Pope will be called for sure, think the 3rd choice could go to any one of Hendo, Gunn, Heaton or Ramsdale. All playing regular football for their teams now and all in with a shout

If being honest it's years since we had this much mediocrity to choose from in goal, had some great keepers and probably 2nd best world ever saw.

Pickford. That would be a proper removal job from Hendo.
Pope could be the saviour for England.
Gunn. Shot stopper if ever I sawn-off one.

That concludes the crap jokes started at 6 this morning.

Ta!

On a serious note the problem is our defence is that fucking good hendo stands their looking pretty, we all know how good he is but Southgate is not seeing him doing a lot , mind you that might change when we play the top 6 teams !!
Sadly the last time Southgate watched Hendo was when he was gash with the England U21s in the Summer.
Hopefully not his lasting memory.

Butland just made another howler. Absolute joke if he makes the England squad

Hendo certainly has a decent chance of getting into the team now, more exposure for the lad now we are in the prem. Doubt anyone would pick Butland over him, rumours I read earlier was Butland might be dropped from Stoke 11.

Back
Top Bottom