I Get The Impression

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He won't need to worry about shoes. He'll have the pick of many when he gets to the carpark if we don't bring some signings in soon.
I hope someone at the club is arranging to get the south stand car park a good sweep. St Johns ambulance could be pushed to the limit putting plasters on all the cuts and scrapes acquired by the shoeless hordes.

He seemed resigned to not having all of them, if any in this window.
Maybe the Board felt, as many on here did, that this squad is ok for a good run and additions can be added in January to finish off the job.
Oh dear !

And so he should. If he is not allowed to bring players in and was told that there would be significant investment in the squad in the discussions before he signed then its a breach of contract and he should resign.

I'm not one for panicking but the lack of signings this close to the end of the window is definitely a cause for concern and I can understand Slav being very angry if nothing happens, don't think he walks though - Financially wouldn't make sense to him.

Anything whatsoever on transfers. Seems like we’re just sat waiting for anyone to be come available now

I expect Adlène Guedioura to sign, if you can contain your excitement but that's already widley reported. The club are, quite rightly, keeping quiet over other transfers now so as not to lose out. I wouldn't ever want to ruin a potential signing.

I think everybody, board included know we need a shakeup.
It would be nice to have players pinned on already, but we know there's lots of activity, right up to the last minute.
Let's wait and see .

I expect Adlène Guedioura to sign, if you can contain your excitement but that's already widley reported. The club are, quite rightly, keeping quiet over other transfers now so as not to lose out. I wouldn't ever want to ruin a potential signing.
With all due respect we have heard that one before, can you personally see five coming through the door before the end of the month, and one a 35yr old on a free WTF?

All boils down to the owners simply not understanding anything about football. Same can be said about owners at various other clubs, one in blue and white stripes particularly has similar problems - chiefly over spending and tying money up on crap.

Their problem is spending on clapped out has-beens. Ours is on producing a footballing equivalent of Bargain Hunt, Scrapheap Challenge, Tomorrows World and Dragons Den where we overspend on a load of old shite, cobbling it together and producing an invention they think is going to change the world only to be told that it's useless and nobody with any sense would touch it with a bargepole.

Last night when he was asked if any deals were in the pipeline all he said was "I want four or five players."

This wasn't down to his English but spoke volumes and he sounded frustrated.

If he had said that we were exploring options or in talks with a number of clubs, then I'd be more confident. All this said to me is that he wants 4-5 but he's getting no one. At least no one on permanent deals.

Last night when he was asked if any deals were in the pipeline all he said was "I want four or five players."

This wasn't down to his English but spoke volumes and he sounded frustrated.

If he had said that we were exploring options or in talks with a number of clubs, then I'd be more confident. All this said to me is that he wants 4-5 but he's getting no one. At least no one on permanent deals.
That said to me our business is finished unless someone significant leaves.

And so he should. If he is not allowed to bring players in and was told that there would be significant investment in the squad in the discussions before he signed then its a breach of contract and he should resign.

It would just show he hasnt done his homework. Not hard to spot the clubs history of in and outs and the calibre we go for.

It's been said that SJ won't resign because of the impact this will have on any future visa application in UK, or that his salary is too good to walk away from. I'm not so sure these will be enough. I don't think he's short of a few quid for that to be a factor. As I said last Saturday, we need him more than he needs Sheffield United.
If he feels he has been sold a pup he may calculate that his reputation is more important (based on his previous promotions) and there are plenty of opportunities both on the continent and the middle east (although he may end up blacklisted in Saudi) for him to pack his suitcases.
I really hope this wouldn't be the case as I think he offers us the best long term prospect of stabilising the club in the Championship and then buiding a promotion push next season - but only if he gets the backing he needs to make his plan work.

Fulham fan here again.

Slavisa was notorious for moaning about transfers (we were constantly speculating about his relationship with the hierarchy at Fulham). It's just something he does. Ultimately the fans will decide whether enough has been spent.

Just to clarify on an earlier post of mine, we didn't spend ridiculous amounts on our team (under Slavisa) UNTIL we made it to the Prem league because of FFP. Then only when we got to the Prem we spent big. But £75m was spent on 3 players who transpired to be championship standard (They are still with us). Whilst those who got us promoted were expected to be sidelined (The chairman's young son Tony Khan has done this twice now when we've been promoted), which basically meant Slavisa had to start building a team from scratch again (in the way he always does - tinkering). You don't have time for that in the Premier League (especially not with crap players).

I do reckon his previous public moaning was the reason he got so little time ultimately. Tony Khan doesn't handle criticism very well (see Scott Parker too). Hopefully your board won't take it so personally, because he's a top guy.

Maybe just maybe we're waiting for the domino effect towards the end of the window on player movement

Its like buying houses…..if you target desirable players, care about money and want the best value then there is a domino effect.
However the problem if any club in the chain is gazumped then sometimes the chain can’t be completed.

The solution is to target (on paper lower quality) players that other clubs don’t want
or to get in early and pay over the odds, like a Chelsea.

Noticed that Man City are desperate for a striker but even they are dragging it out playing cat and mouse with Spurs regards the Kane signing.

Fulham fan here again.

Slavisa was notorious for moaning about transfers (we were constantly speculating about his relationship with the hierarchy at Fulham). It's just something he does. Ultimately the fans will decide whether enough has been spent.

Just to clarify on an earlier post of mine, we didn't spend ridiculous amounts on our team (under Slavisa) UNTIL we made it to the Prem league because of FFP. Then only when we got to the Prem we spent big. But £75m was spent on 3 players who transpired to be championship standard (They are still with us). Whilst those who got us promoted were expected to be sidelined (The chairman's young son Tony Khan has done this twice now when we've been promoted), which basically meant Slavisa had to start building a team from scratch again (in the way he always does - tinkering). You don't have time for that in the Premier League (especially not with crap players).

I do reckon his previous public moaning was the reason he got so little time ultimately. Tony Khan doesn't handle criticism very well (see Scott Parker too). Hopefully your board won't take it so personally, because he's a top guy.

He does right in this instance.

If he was made promises they've gone back on I can see it happening
Slavisa was notorious for moaning about transfers
Oh dear do us Sheffield united fans NOT like that.

It's been said that SJ won't resign because of the impact this will have on any future visa application in UK, or that his salary is too good to walk away from. I'm not so sure these will be enough. I don't think he's short of a few quid for that to be a factor. As I said last Saturday, we need him more than he needs Sheffield United.
If he feels he has been sold a pup he may calculate that his reputation is more important (based on his previous promotions) and there are plenty of opportunities both on the continent and the middle east (although he may end up blacklisted in Saudi) for him to pack his suitcases.
I really hope this wouldn't be the case as I think he offers us the best long term prospect of stabilising the club in the Championship and then buiding a promotion push next season - but only if he gets the backing he needs to make his plan work.
This ^^^^^^ 👏🏻👏🏻

The post Derby interview he sounded really pissed off and bluntly answered the question about incomings.

Slav doesn't need the money. After all he had a high level playing career and has had good paying management jobs.

Time for the board to get their fucking hands out of their pockets and get some players in!!

Back
Top Bottom